It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Aliens Offered To Solve One Problem

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If they visited and said they would show us how to solve one problem but that's it what do you think we would choose? Top of my head it was cancer but then I starting thinking planetary travel like them might be better, especially if we could use it to travel on this planet.

I think the decision would have to be made on what would benefit mankind long term and the toughest problem to solve. Cancer, we can likely solve that one at some point but space travel, just seems that one is very difficult to crack for us.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think Death would make a good starting point. It would be nice to solve that one.

Failing that, I would ask them to solve a problem that they haven't been able to solve yet.
edit on 13-2-2020 by AmmoniaMudhemp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I think the fact that humans can't, or won't, solve their own problems is a problem. I'm afraid fantasizing about alien benefactors from beyond the stars still leaves us with all our problems in hand.

We'd better get to work instead of daydreaming.

edit on 13-2-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Compact, portable, sustainable, and powerful power generation. With that we could solve many other issues without further assistance.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

The one thing I would like to see removed is greed. That would ripple out.

Kocag

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Cure our self destructive tendencies, please.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Cheap clean energy.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'd like to know where all the mid matched socks disappear to?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad
Compact, portable, sustainable, and powerful power generation. With that we could solve many other issues without further assistance.

Beat me to it.

Clean affordable energy would give every nation the means to security should they chose to use it properly.

It could end a vast majority of conflict, greed, poverty, and a host of other issues.

It would also solve the fresh water problem as desalination would be more economical. That in it self has a future in snowballing issues.

Fresh water will be the next round of wars that will make oil wars look like cold wars. People can't live without water, and like any animal, when put in a corner we behave differently.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
eliminate socio-paths from the dna.
you do not need to take em out even, you just manipulate the dna so no more socio-paths are born.

in 75 years, wham, world peace forever.

the r-othschilds and other internnational families would soon be out the door.
no more racism in holllywood!

like idiots like shia laboof or josh gad, too ugly to get real jobs, would never work, they would hire the best actor the job, not the best chosen by the racists running holllwood lmfao
edit on 13-2-2020 by dantanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

I think you're implying nature dominates nurture.

Maybe some sociopaths are born.... But there are certainly those that are made too.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kocag

The one thing I would like to see removed is greed. That would ripple out.

Kocag

Ummm...why would you want to have part of what makes humans human excised...?

Isn't it better to let the humans...individually rise above their character flaws...than arbitrarily start removing aspects of human nature we don't particularly like...?

Individuals choose how to act or respond all day long...24/7 365...

Perhaps...the better focus might be on individual response to external stimuli...and how to acknowledge that every human action/inaction/reaction is a product of choice...regardless of consequence...or emotive state...

Coercion only works with acquiescence...and coveting certainly doesn't need help trying to square the circle...

If one can choose to be either greedy...or selfless...then perhaps this grand scheme is all just a test after all...

It's all multiple choice brother...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Why do we and they exist? Is it really just a probability factor that eventually nature would develop intelligent life...?

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

*Aliens land, alien steps out of craft*

Alien: We will answer one question and one question only.

Humanity: Really?

Alien: Yes.

*Alien gets back into craft and leaves*

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The ability to break down our trash/waste/ captured asteroids etc, and reconfigure the atoms into whatever materials we wanted.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

They could show us the advantages of living together in peaceful harmony. If the world were to come together, free from the constraints of politics and religion, the human race could achieve great things. A higher, advanced civilization could lead us down that path.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What if the alien gave us an answer we didn't like?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

"Welcome mr.Alien. We have had a little dispute on this planet for a couple of thousand years now and it is really in the way of progress. Could you maybe tell us which religion, if any, is correct?"

Peace

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Religion. The biggest cause of death and suffering on the planet. My imaginary friend in the clouds is better than yours, so there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join