It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washed up mysterious skeleton:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
It’s clearly a Crocodile tail, you can even see where the hind legs were. Then the old depth perception pic behind it to make it seem larger than it is.

Because a crocodile skeleton would totally baffle scientists lmao.

Also zoom in an look where the skull would be, do you see those two protruding bones coming out on top? Not a gator or crock.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

ita nessie

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

It’s clearly a Crocodile tail, you can even see where the hind legs were. Then the old depth perception pic behind it to make it seem larger than it is.

I dont think it's a depth perception pic. Take a look at the footprint on the bottom right of the photo. Also other footprints middle right.
edit on 2/13/2020 by Alien Abduct because: Hshsgshsjsysh

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Gator probably choked on something.
Doesn't look like horns, looks like rib bones.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Because a crocodile skeleton would totally baffle scientists lmao.

Also zoom in an look where the skull would be, do you see those two protruding bones coming out on top? Not a gator or crock.

haha...I guess laugh away..
Did you see the picture I posted on page 2? Hell, I might have found the exact one that lost his life.
Things tend to get ate floating around in the ocean.
Crocodiles are native to Africa and South American. Didn't this wash up from a giant storm? But I don't see anything to even identify this as Scotland. Crocodiles are know to migrate and swim far into the ocean riding currents.
Where you assume is a head is where the tail connects to the body.
As for the size, its the old hunter/fisherman technique of standing behind the animal and faking a foot up.
I love a good mystery too, its why I'm on this site, nothing at all against the OP. But I feel like I found the answer.

edit on 13-2-2020 by TexasTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

The two, 'horns' may well be a product of deceit, I wouldn't give much credence to them, they even look planted in the background sand without too much thought, and as for "the top" an oarfish, giant or no, is more than likely to be a resting corpse...on it's side,

Go to the ATS link and you can clearly see through the resting body outline, the boning has a similarity to the skeleton tail in the OP picture,
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Another thing to consider is the guy in the picture's trophyesque pose, while his face is pixelised. Whodduh thought.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

Show a pic of a crocodile skeleton that has those two long bones where the "head" is.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Creature’ found on Aberdeenshire beach during Storm Ciara – SOLVED

But an expert has confirmed the ‘terrifying’ sea creature is actually the remains of a Minke whale.
Commonly found swimming in the North Sea, this warm-blooded species is actually famous for its bad breath – giving them the nickname Stinky Minkes.

Stranding coordinator Nick Davidson told the Scottish Sun: “It’s a Minke Whale skeleton and it’s been there since October last year.
“It didn’t wash up it was uncovered by the wind.”

SO URCE

And there you have it folks...you're welcome.

edit on 2/13/2020 by Alien Abduct because: Added more of the story

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Lame

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Lame

Hahaha right! We all wanted it to be a dinosaur or lock Ness monster!

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Hahahagot me there

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

I solved it four posts above this one.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Nick? Needle nose Nick the P••ck?
He’s wrong. Fake..... News.....
Crocodile tail, next question.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Nick? Needle nose Nick the P••ck?
He’s wrong. Fake..... News.....
Crocodile tail, next question.

Hahaha!

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Funny how people have more access to information now than at any point in prior history and they won't even use it. A quick Google search of various "vertebrae" configurations across sharks, whales, oar fish, etc. quickly and easily identifies it as some type of whale. By my 7th search I had landed on Minke whale and low and behold the answer was already given on page 3 as being solved.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Yup, it looks like you did !

Well, it was fun while it lasted

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Looks like the bones of a Saltie.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 03:34 AM
link   
It does look very much like a crocodile to me. But a large one.

I’m pretty sure Scotland doesn’t have any large crocs in the water up there. Maybe a released pet but again, it’s a very large specimen. Would be quite an old animal to get so big.

Strange animal to be washed up on a Scottish beach.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 04:43 AM
link   
why is it that we have a photo from one side, why didnt they take more pictures from all sides and closer ones ?

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   
If anyone had bothered to read the complete text accompanying the second picture, he or she would have noticed that it said:
"Nick Davidson of the Scottish Marine Animal Stranding Scheme confirmed that it was in fact the remains of a Minke whale which originally washed up in October last year but had been uncovered by the recent bad weather.

The so-called "horns" are simple the jawbone of the skull that is lying upside down in the sand. The second photo showed that it was detached from the rotting torso at the time it was photographed, and so it must have been put back in place for the other photo but upside down, as the person who found it failed to realise what the sea creature was.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join