It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Feels Like Someone Keeps Attacking AboveTopSecret.com

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
For several minutes at at time, the website simply freezes...like it's repelling an attack.

The attacks seem to come in waves, where everything works fine for a few months, and then BOOM. Slow loading, freezing upon replies to threads, etc..

We've been in the midst of one of those waves over the past 2 weeks.

Is certain content we post on ATS a THREAT to someone? Certainly feels like it.

THOUGHTS on this theory?

-CareWeMust

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I've noticed the same issue, except it's usually between 5-6am Eastern standard time. The site won't load, you can't post either but I thought it was maybe a maintenance schedule for the site?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I've seen it as well, and I do not mean the daily cycle mentioned by Caver78. It happened again about half an hour ago.

ETA -- just happened again.

Cheers
edit on 13-2-2020 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Being the biggest and baddest ''conspiracy theory'' website obviously draws attention from certain people/organizations. You can bet a lot of users are being monitored, tracked and archived.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

The six AM eastern hour is maintenance.
We used to get it every hour around the half hour mark I think.
I am not getting any delays at any other times and I am using three different types of devices.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
You're essentially describing a DDos attack.

Happens all the time in gaming infrastructures like XLive and PS network.

A DDoS attack (distributed denial-of-service attack) is an attempt to make an online service, network, or application unavailable by overwhelming it with traffic from multiple compromised sources, blocking legitimate traffic from getting through.
(Graham et al)
Source: dyn.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asgaard
Being the biggest and baddest ''conspiracy theory'' website obviously draws attention from certain people/organizations. You can bet a lot of users are being monitored, tracked and archived.

Biggest and baddest? Not so much anymore.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It was probably the Call of Duty patch release on Tuesday that ranged anywhere from 60GB to 90GB depending on the platform. It is causing havoc with over utilization of the backbone/peering/CDNs out there. Or something like that.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
My wife's favorite TV program is on Netflix called '' Call the Midwife. Many times it freezes her out and she cannot watch it .

Conspiracty? Who would do that to her, Who would attack ''Call the Midwife''. What possible message could it have that threatens so much.

Likewise what possible message could ATS messages pose to some off site powerful entity. I would venture a guess that 98 to 99% of the content here is merely copied and repeated information from the rest of the internet. It's not like there is much of anything new here that cannot be found elsewhere. Though I don't, I suspect that by going to any other Trump oriented webside, the very same memes and postings are going on.

So what do I think of the theory? I think it suggests a certain level of paranoia and overly aggrandized evaluation of this sites singular impact on the overall stage of information dissemination.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
My guess is it's just run of the mill technical glitches. Forums aren't what they used to be and the people who run them sometimes have to cut corners to keep them running and still putting food on the table. Every forum I know of has had more technical issues in the past few years than they used to. People are going more towards posting stupid memes and frivolous chat and leaving places of deeper discussion like forums. Or if they do still check forums from time to time, they pollute them with memes and mindless chatter.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Whatever the reason, It's maddening and I often have to take off for a while.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Yeah, well, it used to be when I discovered this site 10 years ago. It was like a centralized word news agency / conspiracy growroom back then. Whatever it was, it appeared on ATS first. I know it has fallen quite a bit since then, but still. Anyway, if you can point me to the newest baddest conspiracy board on the block, please do.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

So, your wife is hooked on Call the Midwife too. My wife gets frustrated when the season ends.

edit on 13-2-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It's the Coronavirus. No ATS vaccine.

Seriously though I've only noticed it at about 10 - 12 minutes after every hour.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

It takes time to download your threads and new posts and triangulate your position. We’re going through some upgrades here in Langley so bear with us. Once 5G rolls out we’ll be able to download directly from your brain, so you won’t have to worry about ATS slowing down.

Thank you for your patience.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

will we still need to type?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

originally posted by: Asgaard

Biggest and baddest? Not so much anymore.

How so, i cant think of a larger one

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Noticed the same issue

If I'm not mistaken, ATS has some serious tech people behind it and I doubt any such attacks will be much more than a minor nuisance

It is safe to say that given the amount of information exposed here we are a threat. Despite the political banter (hopefully temporary) we still manage to expose all sorts of things government, cabals and individuals would rather not have in the light of day

....and our political situation may very well be some sort of conspiracy. A conspiracy against the American people that doesn't limit iself to party lines, ideology or other artificial lines of division

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I"ve noticed it being slow to non-functional using googles dns.
I switch to 1.1.1.1 with 1111dns app and it loads immediately.
Sounds like a conspiracy by govoogle to slow the site.
Wouldn't surprise me a bit.
Middle-man gatekeepers they've obviously morphed into.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA
a reply to: underwerks

will we still need to type?

You don’t have to now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join