It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Selective service for women?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Boadicea

I imagine if they were drafted and ready to head off to combat you would see an extremely high pregnancy rate....

So this kind of brings up a bigger issue. Should the U.S. limit when women can get pregnant so they can't avoid selective service? Such a multifaceted issue.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Indeed..

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Yes, just don't put them in the infantry. Start with Antifa first, then the rest of the Democrat women.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

I imagine if they were drafted and ready to head off to combat you would see an extremely high pregnancy rate....

No doubt. Of course not all women (obligatory disclaimer)... but no doubt some. Which raises additional issues... so do we let the new mothers off the hook completely to stay home and mother their children? Or do we give her a year to have her baby and physically recover and then just ship her out? And is this in the best interests of the child? Is it fair to put the child in that disadvantaged position? What kind of long-term effects will we see? And what effect will this have on greater society?

So... in my opinion... all the more reason why we should not have a draft at all. Too many Natural Rights are necessarily infringed and even trampled for the purpose. And the value of the draft itself is questionable. The overwhelming opinion of my military family and friends is that they want their comrades in arms to be there of their own will and volition. They do not want to depend on people in literal life or death situations who do not want to be there and may or may not be up to the challenges facing them.

If/when our nation is truly threatened, I have no doubt that we will have no shortage of volunteers to protect and defend our nation and people. Both men and women.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

They can join the military, but they have to be paid 75 cents on the dollar.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I run my own business.
If I could pay women 75 cents on the dollar compared to men, why would I bother hiring men?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I run my own business.
If I could pay women 75 cents on the dollar compared to men, why would I bother hiring men?

Well, you do want to get things done, don't you?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Yeah, make them sign up.....they want equality and equality starts with fighting in wars. I praise the women who are in our military even though I have been conditioned to believe that women should not have to fight in wars. I think that that was a good belief of those in my generation and before. If a women gets to be president though, then I feel that all women should be required to sign up for the draft and should go into wars too. The reason being that women will be more in control of starting the wars.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Feminists don't have a valid answer for this. Their excuse of an answer is that war is a result of the patriarchy blah blah blah blah circular logic, words with no meaning.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

I guess use reverse psychology..
Tell them that they only get to make sandwiches in the army.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct
Not to change the subject I was not aware that you have to register to vote if this is true how are so many voting illegally is there not a national registry for selective service?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

That's a good question.
I'm not sure how anyone is allowed to vote without photo ID either.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

So I a sense the selective service registration is a national registry for male voters, why not a national ID for all citizens?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This thread is full of soy boy, women haters.
Logic tells me that young, healthy women are kept home during a physical war because someone has to replenish the population.
Something men still can't do without women.
Nothing to do with equality because men and women are still different. Plus it's mostly males that love fighting.
Nothing against females signing up voluntarily but if you want a population after a war it would be pretty dumb to send all your young females.
Yup. Back to your incel cirkle jerk.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666
Soy boys? I remember an old saying from 50 years ago when women wanted equal treatment they didn't really wanted to be treated like Men, since they like Men to open doors for them or giving up a seat on the bus just because they were females.
Can't have it boths ways.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

They Want to be Equal to Men , then Why Not ? .......Ladies > ?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Drama...

But yeah, draft them up. I’m absolutely positive a woman can refuse to check in gear that is “too dirty” as any man. Which means those little dirt bags that do it now can come outside the wire for some real war stories.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

But that’s how you get soy boys. Mating with 4F’s.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I said very clearly that women probably wouldn't be physically capable of combat.
But I also said they can perform support roles.

No soy.
No hating women.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   
No. Didn't mean you with my observation. Still the rest keeps going on how women want to be like men...that argument right there shows me that those who use it have never met any actual women bar their mums.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join