It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Single Handiest Tool you can own??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Now there ya' go!!

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Wow, being tracked by a cougar is something I dont need.

I do know about being followed by some big wolves though. Were not allowed to shoot em here in WI, so they get pretty brave.

Usually a warning bark from a .44 does the trick, but not always.

Here's a track from a big boy that kept circling and paralleling me for 2 miles back to my truck.

He let me know I wasn't welcome, and I swear to God he knew I couldn't legally blast him.

Lost a good trap-line to him and his family being there.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
For me a Swiss Army knife, AKA MacGyver knife. Mine has saved my bacon many times.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I still carry a Bic lighter that comes in handy quite often.

But of my laments of lost tools is a product called a Pocket Wrench II. No longer made but very lightweight and kept in my also no longer made multtool which was a Schrade relabeled as a Craftsman. Handy for having a backing tool when tightening a nut and bolt. The Craftsman was slip joint pliers, had a wood saw blade and a chisel. Made all kinds of “field expedited” items with it.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

Yep, that's a big boy alright!

Fortunately not a lot of wolves around here (yet). Mostly just coyotes and cougars. The wolves are moving down from Wyoming though, they picked one up in NE Colorado last year.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I always carry a knife with me, I learned to carry one all the time when I was young and in cub scouts. I had teachers in school ask me if they could borrow my knife occasionally when I was in grade school. My knife is smaller now though, I do not carry a buckknife or multipurpose tool anymore, just a small pocket knife which I keep sharp. I also wash it regularly so that I can use it to cut food if needed.

I also always have a small tape measure in my pocket, I use it pretty regularly.

Other than that I think the most important hand tool I use the most is a spatula these days.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

www.ebay.com... e=pla&googleloc=9018293&poi=&campaignid=9250231423&mkgroupid=94106250615&rlsatarget=pla-934903710397&abcId=1145977&merchantid=101701125&gclid=EAIaIQob ChMI1-HQ3fDO5wIVhZOzCh10zg3pEAQYASABEgJIsPD_BwE

Knockoff, but still around. 5.99$ u.s.
edit on 13-2-2020 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Got 2 sets, one with infrared that really shows up the critters at night.
Suggest rechargeable batteries which means top strap on the head rig due to weight.
Lots of great posts - fortunately, most of us aren't restricted to "just one" tool, so it's all good.

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Sorry, not even close. Here is a good review with pictures.

And the pocket wrench II

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Holy crap, I've had one of those (pocket wrench) floating around in my rollaway for years.

Never touched it. If my son hasn't confiscated it, I'll find it and send it to you. I'll ask him if he's seen it when he gets home.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Really? Play with it a bit. You’ll change your mind, just because of the portability. Pair it with one of those 32 bit sets with the magnetic extension in the square silicone “brick” and it becomes real handy. Add a few hex bit drivers in a small case and it becomes down right nice.

That and a few other things and you end up with a tool pouch that will fit in a cargo pocket or tucked in the bib if wearing bibbed coveralls.

But with that little wrench, a $5 pair of slip joint pliers and a 6 in 1 screwdriver. You can handle just about any quick tightening need. That’s why I am leaning towards a set of those fix it sticks.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Here's the one I carry on all my key chains. It's handy as heck! The box cutter part is sharp enough to cut a box, but not sharp enough to cut you and therefore will pass through TSA security with no issues (mine does all the time).

You might try one of these. Plus, the purchase on small nuts is better than the one you showed. It's pretty functional.

DoohicKey

ETA - This company also has a whole bunch of other handy items. The gear ties are especially handy also, I use them all over the ranch for various things.

edit on 2/13/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The most useful tool I have is a Bosch 12v drill/driver that I bought over a decade ago. I use it all the time and it still works great. Compact, lightweight, good torque, with long battery life. Small enough to put in my pocket when climbing a ladder and strong enough to put on lug nuts before I torque them down. I use it with screwdriver bits, nut drivers, drill bits, sockets, etc. Over the years, this thing has saved me 1000s of man-hours of work. I don't think they make this model anymore. I'll be a sad man when I have to replace it.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
What is your single handiest tool?

My truck.
My phone. I wish I was more technical, but the apps I have access to. I can reliably shoot to 1,600m.
My coat.
My Glock EDC (even if that's cheating).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join