It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dramatic Video of Syrian Mi-8 Shot Out of the Sky With Manpads By HTS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
So, anyone who has been following the Idlib Conflict in North Syria is familiar with the terrorist group Hayat Tahrir al-Sham. These are the power players who control Idlib with Sultan Erdogan's support through the Turkish Military Industrial Complex. Last week a series of escalations occurred which saw Turkey and Syria become embroiled in nothing short of open war. Air and artillery strikes aimed at each other's regular forces have now taken scores of lives since last week. In the process Turkey has been pouring armor and heavy weapons into the hands of their terrorist mercenaries. It seems MANPADS have also streamed across the border now, and escalated into this singular point. It is quite disheartening to see this, I am fairly certain I notice a few bodies fall out as the helo slowly breaks apart during its decent. Between this and the recent slap-boxing fight between Syrian and American forces on the other side of north Syria, NATO may have the ammunition it needs for a new mandate in Syria?? Probably not, but I am wondering why France and the UK have been so quiet in the area. They are still there too.

Nobody hesitate to have a discussion here. It looks like a pilot may have still been alive before the fire got him, because the thing is still flying normally for a moment after being struck and on fire. I guess the fire finally killed off the critical systems, the pilot, or both. Condolonces to the servicemen and women who were trying to liberate their country from the Turkey backed jihadists.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
According to Twitter, Turkey is taking responsibility for the shoot down

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Wow, horrific! I'm amazed how long the helo stayed aloft. Yes, it did look like a few bodies dropped out. I'm not up on all military hardware weapons so are these MANPADS, shoulder-fired like Stingers?

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT
They are responsible, but this is also not the first Syrian chopper shot down in the time HTS has been in control of Idlib. So either Turkey has always been shooting them down with their soldiers in clandestine operations, or the militants also have access to these weapons to use when convenient.

Everything that happens in Iblib province is Turkey's responsibility since they are the ones now publicly and fully supporting these militant groups. I have seen their guys embedded with the Turkestan Islamic Party in videos as well, the other powerful and highly successful militant group that regularly harasses the Russian Air base in Latakia.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This was quite saddening to watch... But it also re-fueled a smoldering, bellowing fire inside of me... Just imagining what those men and women in the helo were thinking, seeing, and feeling as they knew their lives were about to end before they burned or fell to their deaths-... Ugh! I hate too see people die in such an agonizing way.

My condolences -- as well.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Under Erdogan, his administration really disgraces the whole nation.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Ungodly cavemen, the whole Middle East! Let cut all aid off, help Americans first and let There peace loving god sort them out!

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Remind me again who are the good guys and who are the bad guys in this one, I'm having a really hard time figuring this out.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Remind me again who are the good guys and who are the bad guys in this one, I'm having a really hard time figuring this out.

This is the question of the day IMHO. When you cannot define that very question with ease then it is time to:

Stop sucking up to brutal absolute monarchies Helloooooo house of saud I'm talking about you
Get out Get out GET OUT

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Now you know as well as any other adult experienced in the world that the answer depends on who is asking the question. So in your case, if you are a supporter of the USA and our official allies by treaty, the dead folks and the chopper are the bad guys, and the terrorists on the ground are the good guys. Or, well the soldiers serving in the Turkish armed forces I would say I guess.

fact is Turkey and Syria are pretty much in an open conflict with each other now. However, technically Turkey and its subsidized mercenary terrorists are illegally occupying this foreign land that originally belonged to the government of Bashar Assad. So the guys in the chopper are the good guys for their citizens, but the bad guys to Turkey and their mercenaries, and vice versa from the other perspective.

Now, Trump already granted everyone that wish of, GTFO and let them deal with their own #. Tomorrow we can expect an escalation and more dead Turkish and Syrian soldiers. Israel already attacked Damascus this week, so not sure if they will do so again for Valentines day like they do pretty much any American holiday. Seeing as it falls on a weekend though, yea I think we can safely assume there will be Israeli missiles falling over Damascus again between now and Sunday.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Footage from the ground where they launched. I don't see any of those tracked vehicles or armored trucks around from the convoys, so can't say for certain whether its regular forces or rebels from uniforms alone. They seem a bit... sloppy imo to be the regular forces. They operate a lot tighter in operations against the PKK with more consistent gear.

And I guess the title is wrong as this videos says Mi-17.

edit on 2-13-2020 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
Stop sucking up to brutal absolute monarchies Helloooooo house of saud I'm talking about you

Hey, bub, the Saudis are our pals and would never do anything horrible to us like fly planes into buildings.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
...if you are a supporter of the USA and our official allies by treaty...

Except those guys aren't our pals either.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Certainly not. More and more it seems like Erdogan was the hidden hand behind Obama considering most of the financial support that came from the USA for the Syrian war went towards the militants backed by Turkey.
Plus, Erdogan like to pet his puppy publicly from time to time.

Also, looks like they shot down another helo today around Aleppo. I wonder if Assad will target Turkey's F-16's the next time he launches an airstrike on the Syrian army??

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I wonder what new Dear Leader will do about it.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Short video on MANPADS

new topics

top topics

join