It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big earthquake rocks Japan 5.2 measure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The earthquake struck about 12 hours ago. Just south a bit from Fukushima. News is on TV at the moment. Not much to report but this shook the whole east coast of Japan.

earthquaketrack.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
great! fukushima needs some more rock and rolling

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It must have been right under Japan, that does not seem like a real big quake being a five point 2

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It must have been right under Japan, that does not seem like a real big quake being a five point 2

What's been reported is that the length of it on the east coast of Japan. That is the big worry right now. I don't have how far south it went, but news said this morning it went way down south. What is most worrying is the activity all month here.
Not to cause any panic, but yes, the big one that everyone's talking about to hit Tokyo, well, right now that is definitely on a lot of govt. employees mind at the moment. With the ship cruise trouble going on and lots of govt. officials involved in that case, its just all happening too much at one time. Its been noted the greatest fear is if another tsunami could follow a quake . A reason again is the length of the quake size along the east coast. Seems what I heard is "THIS WAS MOST UNUSUAL ".
Let's hope nothing comes out of this.
I believe you are one that really keeps up with this stuff, so maybe you'll have updated news later in the day.
Thanks for your post.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Pestilence, locusts, fires, we may as well have quakes now to go along with all the other apocalyptic horsecrap occurring around us, ya?

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

All those poor quarantined Chinese people jumping up and down in the one place just down the road.

Obviously Choronovirus is responsible.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Just another day on the Ring of Fire, really.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: andy06shake

Just another day on the Ring of Fire, really.

But this one is really worrisome for the officials. Not to hype of the condition, but facts are facts here, it is of great concern now.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I'm not seeing or finding anything that indicates this quake was out of the ordinary. It's possible it exposed a new fault line, but at least in the US such information isn't shared until days after the earthquake, partially due to the need for peer review and verification of assumptions and records used to identify new fault lines. When you say "Length of the quake size" do you mean the physical shake or was there a crack exposed? The distance shaking is detected away from a quake's epicenter is controlled by a lot of factors, including quake depth, material prisms the waves travel through, ground temperature, etc. The quake may have just happened close enough to a southward directed lens of bedrock close to the surface and it carried the wave more cleanly than water or spongier material would have.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Just be alert and keep us updated. Camera ready too.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I'm not seeing or finding anything that indicates this quake was out of the ordinary. It's possible it exposed a new fault line, but at least in the US such information isn't shared until days after the earthquake, partially due to the need for peer review and verification of assumptions and records used to identify new fault lines. When you say "Length of the quake size" do you mean the physical shake or was there a crack exposed? The distance shaking is detected away from a quake's epicenter is controlled by a lot of factors, including quake depth, material prisms the waves travel through, ground temperature, etc. The quake may have just happened close enough to a southward directed lens of bedrock close to the surface and it carried the wave more cleanly than water or spongier material would have.

What I gathered on the morning news is that apparently the quake affected out of the "normal" area of where they registered the quake, but in this case, like you mention the "crack" is more then likely what they were referring to and that extended along the coast of Japan. This type of news is probably just only on Japanese TV. I didn't hear of any damage, so its not a real "news breaking deal" worldwide. But locally, yes, those here that monitor this type of activity are concerned about the "whys" did it extend along the coast. I suppose like you mentioned "cracks". I won't be around till later and if more news comes on, I'll post it .
Thanks for your post.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

So fake news?

I mean it was on the TV right? And no 5.2 isn't considered a "big" earthquake. I've never experienced one and I know that.

Over the Xmas period Puerto Rico had a lot of earthquakes of a similar magnitude including a 6.4.

Not a word here really, and it seems the world is going on still too. I'm not trying to downplay the quake you're reporting here but you've said yourself there's been no damage. These things happen when you live in a earthquake prone area, try not to worry. Be glad it didn't do damage and hope all the future quakes will be as mild.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

One of the reasons it is unusual is because it follows an increasing pattern

16 hours ago. 12th February 2020 at 10:37 AM Namie, Fukushima, 5.90 miles 5.2
6 days ago. 06th February 2020 at 11:41 PM Iwaki, Fukushima, 59.22 miles 3.8
8 days ago. 04th February 2020 at 09:35 PM Iwaki, Fukushima, 80.75 miles 4.5
18 days ago. 25th January 2020 at 11:01 AM Iwaki, Fukushima, 97.56 miles 4.7
19 days ago. 24th January 2020 at 03:44 AM Namie, Fukushima, 55.65 miles 4.6
21 days ago. 22th January 2020 at 10:38 AM Iwaki, Fukushima, 28.47 miles 4.1

So ... is there another biggy in the works and we won't know until it hits.

Is it a buildup?

P

edit on 12/2/2020 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/2/2020 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I live east of San Francisco. We get some real big quakes from time to time. They probably would laugh at a 5.2 here. I think we had one above 8. It dropped the 880 freeway, and my buddy lived a block fro the freeway

Dae

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Please take care, if you hear the warnings get yer arse up that hill! Thank you for posting this, this is an actual real concern for all the reasons you and other posters have mentioned. Do you think the melt down has maybe attracted such a close quake... possible? I have no idea but I cant imagine it having no effect whatsoever.

Keep us updated please!

new topics

top topics

join