It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate/need help with stray cat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
At least I have a hope that it is a cat.....

I have been going through self imposed detox for excessive daily drinking...a pint and a have daily straight vodka.

This weekend, I started to cut back until Monday and then go cold turkey. Well at 2am, Monday, I quit. By 5am, I was throwing up, shaking so bad I had to use 2 hands to hold a coffee steady. AND I could not sleep or even nap.

I was done throwing up 7PM on Monday night but hadn't slept since Sunday at midnight. My doctor gave a six day supply to help sleep of an anti anxiety medicine.

My wife was at work and 12 yo daughter was with me finally...she came home right after school and slept at my folks Monday night, so she did not see the agony I was in. So last night, we cooked dinner and watched 4 episodes of Demon Slayer...anime if you dont know. At 8PM, I took the medicine and watched the last one of the night. By the time episode 4 ended, I could barely keep my eyes open, we go to our rooms, I and was OUT!

I was asleep by 8:45...so awesome.

My wife gets home at 11pm, and slams the door, just under our bed. So I go down and listen to her bitch about work until 1 am. I hope back to bed, but am amped from listening to her, I fell asleep about 2am. 3:30, something is walking up and the underside of the mattress poking me. Freaking cat.

I went find our new one. Old ones are downstairs, cant find the new one. Our apartment is small, so I have to move things to move things from under the bed. I was frustrated that I went to smoke..had the passive aggressive thought to slam the door on my wife, but was a good husband
...so I get downstairs, turn the corner .

I don't you know, our 3 cats are sitting their!

So dont know how this one got in, but I can't get it to come to me...and it ruined what was going to be nice sleep!

Any advice ATS? If your idea works, the next is on me!

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Take a picture of it, post it on local Facebook groups.

Maybe the owners will see it?

As for you losing sleep, not much I can help with there. Maybe try melatonin.

Good on you for quitting the bottle. I'm sure it's rough, just try to keep your cool as best you can.

Best of luck with everything.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
That was no cat bothering you....some bad actor spirit ....I'm asking for it to leave and not come back....you sound like a good one....proud of ya!

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Some advice on quitting the booze:

Sleep is the #1 restorer of health.

If you can, avoid caffeine.

Drink lots of good water, like spring water. Put in a pinch, just a pinch of Himalyn pink salt in every liter of water. (It's loaded with minerals)

It's CRITICAL to eat healthy while you detox. Supplement with a good multi vitamin and take extra B vitamins.

Use the herbal supplement Milk Thistle. It's a super liver tonic.

As for the cat issue, im afraid I wont be much help.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Congrats and good luck with quitting the drink... My thoughts and prayers are with you.

For the kitty, if it came inside, it's probably been abandoned, and isn't a true feral cat. I've only ever had one feral kitty come inside on its own, and we're pretty kitty friendly here.

Try offering a little bowl of milk. In my experience, cats either love milk or turn their nose up at it. But if this kitty is one that loves it, that's probably the quickest way to befriend it. If milk doesn't work, you could try some canned cat food, or some canned tuna to draw it out.

Do you want to keep it and domesticate it? Or do you want to catch it to get rid of it? If the former, just time and patience... If the latter, set up a kennel or cat carrier and put the food inside the crate. The kitty may not want to enter the crate if you're close by though. I've had to tie a string to the door so that I can walk away, then when the cat feels safe and enters the crate, I pull the string to close the door. I've caught many a feral kitten this way.

You probably already know this, but just to be safe, if you should get clawed or bitten, wash it well with soap and water immediately. Kitties have some nasty germs. Their bites/scratches hurt like hell!

Good luck!

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Hey man...

Glad to see you're making an effort at bettering yourself and getting some control back.

I cut back a while ago.... And while I wasn't drinking in excess all the time, I'd typically at least have a beer or two after work and noticed my gut and sleep patterns weren't thrilled when I decided to take a long break.

Id look into some things that will help soothe your gut while getting your healthy flora back. Daily drinking really gets that flora used to the sugars and what not. Look at getting that back into balance and I think you'll be golden in no time. The first week of any big change is the hardest. Keep at it brother.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

Thank you.

My parents are always calling a lot and just being there, alone with my sober roadie friends.

edit on 12-2-2020 by theatreboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Thank you very much.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Thank you for the advice, that is my plan, mostly. The thing helping me right now is Coke in ice.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thank you. The food I left was spilled but not eaten when I just checked.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Thank you. I just bought a gym membership to fill some of my drinking time.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
a reply to: ColeYounger

Thank you for the advice, that is my plan, mostly. The thing helping me right now is Coke in ice.

I've been doing the flavored seltzer waters. I figured if I'm going to try and be more healthy, might as well cut sugar out all together.

Good move on the gym. The whole reason I decided to dial way back is to get back in shape. I haven't drank since new years and have lost 12 pounds with just a little exercise and dietary changes. The more I'm getting back into shape, the more excersize I'm adding.

I'm already back to 45 percent muscle mass and down to 20% fat. Feels good man.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

No need for thanks, your doing what you need to do, so You deserve the thanks.

It's good you have people around to lend an ear or shoulder, imo that's crucial. And if no-one is available, PM me, I pop in and out of here at random times, but I will get back to you asap.

One thing that helped my buddy who quit was metal detecting, he said the walking around around outside paying attention to the machine was a good distraction, and finding stuff gave him the little adrenaline/serotonin boosts that helped with the depression he had.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
New apartment? Maybe it was there before. It will come out and eat eventually, like cats in trees.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

Thank you. The food I left was spilled but not eaten when I just checked.

Interesting... it just occurred to me that maybe the cat is injured? If so, it might be having trouble maneuvering itself. And it's probably scared and jumping at its own shadow too.

Have you been able to catch a glimpse of it? Or just heard/felt it?

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Nothing yet.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

That is what my buddy said, used to do shows together. He's 10 years sober, I can work big Broadway shows..lights, sound, anything but act, sing or dance. He handed me a guitar and told me I was horrible at playing sound check with guitar at concerts. So....

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Argen

Nope been here 11 years.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

That sounds promising!

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Good luck with your detox!

Poor kitty. I hope you find it soon. It may need medical attention. Unusual for a cat not to eat.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join