It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic connection to and between pets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I will try to give my story without rambling on for too long... I have a cat who in every way is my sidekick. We have lived together for many years, and he knows me so well, he knows my thoughts (when to hide because he has a vet appt or travel even though I try to act like its just another day...and similar). So it never seemed odd to me when he seemed to just know things, but a very strange thing happened last week.

Very sadly, the family cat (not the cat I live with) passed away. I had a dream one week before, and awoke knowing that he would go. Then I felt purely exhausted all week long...More strange dreams came. In a semi-lucid state, I remember animals visiting me, thinking "oh spirits of the living can visit you" as I met my favorite childhood pets, including the cat who died that coming morning, drifted through my hazy dreams. It was peaceful, and when I finally did emerge from bed for the day, I had a weird feeling like I had to call my parents...

And finally I did because I had something I needed to ask my dad. He told me that sad news. I played tough and didnt cry all day; then later that night I broke down in my bed and cried. Then it was very odd my cat came into bed with me for the first time since the weather got cold. (He had seemed sad and sulky earlier on that day too). He curled up with me and wiped tears off my face and somehow even lodged himself between my face and shoulder. In a freakishly human way he extended his arm across my chest and pulled my face over into his fur, not minding tears getting on him... He stayed that way til I had at least fallen asleep.

I swear somehow he KNEW that his friend had passed....

But how?? We live hundreds of miles apart, and hadn't visited in months. I think that, because these cats knew eachother well, my cat understood his friend had died. His behavior was very unique to the situation. Do you think its possible that my cat has a connection to these other animals? I know that I have psychic dreams regarding family pets, that are always correct...Could my cat also?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It may sound freaky, but we let our cat out to use the bathroom, and I know when he wants back in without looking out the door. I just somehow can tell he's there.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
your cat sounds like a dog! But yeah, I guess that could also be considered a psychic connection. Its strange how well some people (myself included) know our pets...

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I think if you have a close relationship with your pet you can have some type of psychic connection. My cat Bruce for example I'll think his name while watching tv or something and he comes to me a moment later. It doesn't always happen but it does often. My other cat does the same thing.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I actually don't think it's all that uncommon an occurance. I've always felt a very close bond to my animals. My current dog, a border collie, always seems to understand everything I say to her, as well as how I'm feeling at a given moment. I have a bad day, and she's there doing everything she can to cheer me up. I'm upset with her for some reason, she immediately knows it, and slinks around, knowing just what she did wrong. I'm happy, and want to share the love, she's right there, sharing my happiness with me. I know she doesn't understand most of what I say to her verbally, but she always seems to understand the meaning of my words. I tell her to keep the kittens out of trouble, and immediately, she's watching the kittens, playing mommy. I tell her to calm down, and she goes and lays down. I tell her to guard the house,and she barks at every little sound outside. I tell her not to guard the house, and she's silent. How else, if not through a psychic bond, could I communicate so well with my dog? Often, I feel she understands me more than most humans do.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I agree we can have a psychic bond with our pets, but I think it is just as possible with other Humans also, but we don't notice because we actually love our pets more unconditionally than we do people.
With people we hardly ever let our guard down.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I don't think it strange at all that your cat (and you) felt/behaved that way at all. I have had pets, dogs and cats, but mostly cats for as long as I can remember. I've noticed that most of my cats have mysteriously "known" things that they should have no way of knowing. Some of my dogs have also, but not nearly to the extent that cats do.

As a matter of fact, I have grown so used to it, that I just take it for granted that my cat not only seems to know things in advance, but that she willl understand me when I sometimes talk to her. I mean, really ramble on sometimes. Telling her whole stories about so & so who just left, or whatever is on my mind. She seems to understand every word, and act accordingly.

We live in an apartment complex where the unit we are in is in like a 4-plex. There is one door leading in from the outside, then when you get inside that door, there are four separate apartments. We live in one of the two that are upstairs. So, whenever the cat wants to go out, we have to let her out both our apartment door, and the door to the outside downstairs. I almost always know when she wants to come in. I can "hear" her meowing. But, I'm not really hearing her with my ears, I hear her in my mind. Almost every time I go down stairs to check, she is right by the door, ready to come in.

There has been a lot written about cats being phychic, having a 6th sense, etc...I think that although no one has been able to actually prove it, there is a lot to it.

How do they purr anyway? Even veteranarians don't know for sure.

[edit on 3/10/2005 by CyberKat]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I just get the feeling that, even though my cat doesn't see my family's pets for months at a time, he knows when something is going on with them. I am pretty sure he figured it out before I heard the news about the other cat. (of course its possible he just knows me so well, that he figured out what I was upset about...)

I wonder if animals who are "friends" know whats going on with eachother, even when they rarely see one another. Just as I had dreams and inklings about my family's pets, I think my cat could too. Animals certainly do seem to have a knack for communicating with others without words...maybe they can still do that long-distance?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I too have had similar connections with animals. When I was 19 I went to San Andreas Island for a grad trip with my buddies and the day after I left my cat(17 years old), started to get really sick and wouldn't leave this spot in my moms living room. For days she just layed there not moving(doing her business and such). My mom didin't know what to do as the cat was basically mine and she didn't want to put it down until I got home.

I got home around 4am to find out the horrid news and I spent some time with my cat where she had been living for the last 5 days behind a winged back chair in the corner of the living room. I stayed with her for about an hour and a half then went to bed.

The amazing thing is that not 2 minutes after I got into bed, my cat showed up and jumped up onto my bed to go to sleep(She always slept with me). So for 5 days she doesn't move and then when I get home she comes to sleep with me. We always had a special bond. When I was younger my mom would be giving me SH$t for something and my cat would get between us and try to ward off my mom.

Cats are truly amazing animals and are very intelligent and almost HUMAN in their behavior.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I've been giving this some thought, and I am beginning to conclude that animals, even domesticated, are inately reliant on their instincts for survival. Intuition is really just a ( developed form of) natural instinct, and psychic abilities all come from a strong intuition.

There have been studies about animals having such abilities, and I think that maybe they do send eachother the little "psychic phonecall" just as they do to their human friends.
I know I randomly saw a package of my cat's favorite treats (in my mind's eye) a couple times as I've been drifting off. He will do whatever it takes to get his junk food!

Kind of based on ANOK's post, I can say that I think the most genuine and unconditional love relationships enable the psychic/spiritual connections . It seems as though such relationships are defined by pure honesty (aka not having a guard up) between 2 parties, regardless of species. Generally, any pet we have a close bond with, does not lie to us, nor us to them, and most likely the same goes for their relationships with other animals.

I can relate to your post, DEEZ. Many years ago, I had a pet wait for me to come home before he parted. (My dog who behaved as though I were his own offspring since I was a small child.) Its one of those very powerful things thats hard to put into words, and simply put, its a very fortunate bond to experience.

top topics

join