It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barr announces sweeping new sanctions, 'significant escalation'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: chr0naut

American citizens commit these crimes too. Should all American citizens be prosecuted because they are in an arbitrary group of people that has some criminal members? Or would it be more rational to beef up policing to deal only with those who commit actual crimes? Remember that some of the people groups who you are calling illegals have been coming into America as seasonal workers, for a generation. Some are seeking asylum and fear to return, some simply want a better life for themselves and their families and would be happy to become citizens. They aren't all criminals, despite the recent definition of "illegals" being applied against them.

if they don't have work visas, green cards, or any of the other legal means to be in the U.S. they are illegally here and they are breaking U.S. law. hence the term illegal.

Do you have a green card or work visa?

You do realize that for ages, no-one cared if they crossed the border. Hence there are lots who did so. Now, they have been declared illegal due to policy change. Most aren't guilty of breaking any law in place at the time they migrated.

Did the Pilgrim fathers have all the required paperwork registered with the American Native nation/s? Because my guess is that most people in the US, of European origin, arrived illegally without the explicit permission of the Native peoples.

you really don't get it.

if you are short 4 bucks for your lunch, is it OK to just take the 4 bucks off the table next to you that was left for a tip? If not, why?

Yes, stealing is wrong but would you judge someone who was starving as a criminal because they stole $4 for food?

Is your life and health worth only $4?

I asked an esteemed member here yesterday if he would shoot a hungry person if they stole food from him, the answer was a definitive yes and with prejudice...

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: chr0naut

American citizens commit these crimes too. Should all American citizens be prosecuted because they are in an arbitrary group of people that has some criminal members? Or would it be more rational to beef up policing to deal only with those who commit actual crimes? Remember that some of the people groups who you are calling illegals have been coming into America as seasonal workers, for a generation. Some are seeking asylum and fear to return, some simply want a better life for themselves and their families and would be happy to become citizens. They aren't all criminals, despite the recent definition of "illegals" being applied against them.

if they don't have work visas, green cards, or any of the other legal means to be in the U.S. they are illegally here and they are breaking U.S. law. hence the term illegal.

Do you have a green card or work visa?

You do realize that for ages, no-one cared if they crossed the border. Hence there are lots who did so. Now, they have been declared illegal due to policy change. Most aren't guilty of breaking any law in place at the time they migrated.

Did the Pilgrim fathers have all the required paperwork registered with the American Native nation/s? Because my guess is that most people in the US, of European origin, arrived illegally without the explicit permission of the Native peoples.

you really don't get it.

if you are short 4 bucks for your lunch, is it OK to just take the 4 bucks off the table next to you that was left for a tip? If not, why?

Yes, stealing is wrong but would you judge someone who was starving as a criminal because they stole $4 for food?

Is your life and health worth only $4?

I asked an esteemed member here yesterday if he would shoot a hungry person if they stole food from him, the answer was a definitive yes and with prejudice...

Well, there you go. There are some damaged people in the world.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Echoing an earlier post, as Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren, Hillary Clinton, Barrack Obama, and every talking head on MSM have said:

"No one is above the law."

This applies to illegal aliens too.

They must go back.

edit on 12-2-2020 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I don't think immigrating equates to scum of the earth... That said, sanctuary cities just perpetuate the issues being dealt with on the border. Illegal immigrants see sanctuary cities and it's like moths to flame. Now, those that have been here for years busting their hump to forward their family...Not an issue for me. reply to: OccamsRazor04

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: whosWatchingyou

Why would immigrating make you scum? My wife is an immigrant.

Illegal immigration also doesn't make you scum, it DOES make you a criminal though.

Now maybe we can get back to the topic which is Democrats protecting child molesters from deportation.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Then why must ICE get an arrest order approved?

You just destroyed your own argument. If deportation was linked to a criminal sentence then ICE would not have to do anything.

Please show me these state level judges ordering deportation as part of sentencing.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join