It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silent Outbreak or is North Korea in trouble?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
One country we have zero to little news from is North Korea. While the border with the South is an armed camp, and despite closing the border with China is a bit more porous than Crazy Kim would like has perhaps set up a perfect storm in the hermit kingdom. The most glaring evidence was the lack of a parade on the 72'd anniversary of their armed forces.

Given the overall poor state of health for most of the NK population (remember all of those tape worms that defecting solider had) and iffy healthcare with little to no reserve, means that if it takes hold it would be very difficult to stop even with Chinese support. On the other hand given that he can snap his fingers and literally kill an entire city with impunity, they may be able to confine it for a while

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Good to see this brought up.
Are we hearing anything reliable about the virus from Russia?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Russia is claiming to have 2 potential cases as of this morning.

www.themoscowtimes.com... us-in-russia-the-latest-news-feb-10-a69117

edit on 10-2-2020 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Russia right next to China I'm having a hard time believing they only have 2 cases I'm mean the US has 12 .

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yeah, we haven't heard much of anything from NK lately, If they already have not a corona virus problem, they will probably be getting one shortly. They do trade with China somewhat.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: slapjacks

Russia right next to China I'm having a hard time believing they only have 2 cases I'm mean the US has 12 .

That's my exact thinking as well.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

And we still have people saying this is fear mongering and everything will be fine.

They'll be the first ones rioting.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

And we still have people saying this is fear mongering and everything will be fine.

It is fear mongering, and things will be fine.

Period.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
One country we have zero to little news from is North Korea. While the border with the South is an armed camp, and despite closing the border with China is a bit more porous than Crazy Kim would like has perhaps set up a perfect storm in the hermit kingdom. The most glaring evidence was the lack of a parade on the 72'd anniversary of their armed forces.

Given the overall poor state of health for most of the NK population (remember all of those tape worms that defecting solider had) and iffy healthcare with little to no reserve, means that if it takes hold it would be very difficult to stop even with Chinese support. On the other hand given that he can snap his fingers and literally kill an entire city with impunity, they may be able to confine it for a while

www.thedailybeast.com...

deleted as I was told not to post this info yet. sorry guys.
edit on 2/10/2020 by tennisdawg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

It is fear mongering, and things will be fine.
Period.

Classic reaction of a person who can't handle a crisis of this size.

Refusing to acknowledge that something is wrong is a way of coping with emotional conflict, stress, painful thoughts, threatening information and anxiety. You can be in denial about anything that makes you feel vulnerable or threatens your sense of control,

www.mayoclinic.org...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

I agree only because the flu kills way more but we don't talk about it because we are numb to it.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Russia right next to China I'm having a hard time believing they only have 2 cases I'm mean the US has 12.

Rooshen peoples is very stronk, have bones made from Stalinium. Eat virus like drink vodka.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I don't need to riot, I have guns and my neighbors don't. It'll be more like permanent borrowing.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
There was a post claiming to have reports of cases already in North Korea through Chinese smugglers.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Coronavirus outbreak in North Korea ... Now, there's something that just hadn't crossed my mind ... But, my, what a nightmare!

An probably, as the report says, inevitable given the geographic proximity and economic dependency. We may never know - at least, not for a long time hence - and I could see the nut-jobs at the top of that food-chain doing some ugly things to try to contain it. When megalomaniacal psychopaths are in control with not checks or accountability in place ... Well, let's not even go there.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Don't think of it as borrowing.

Your just an ambassador of America's first cashless society experiment.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou
Don't think of it as borrowing.

Your just an ambassador of America's first cashless society experiment.

I like your thinking, it'll weigh even less on my conscious using your thought process.

edit on 10-2-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg

originally posted by: FredT

www.thedailybeast.com...

deleted as I was told not to post this info yet. sorry guys.

Well aren't you the tease?...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Its fear mongering till its not. I would rather be prepared and say the sky is falling than not IMHO as once the infection reaches a critical mass than will spiral beyond our ability to control.

ITs this overreaction that has kept this at bay in the US and elsewhere for now

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I haven't heard about many cases in Africa. Being as the Chinese are supposed to be all over African countries.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join