It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK GP has been closed as Staff Member tests positive for Coronavirus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru
Well this had to happen eventually.

Still being updated but as of now ....

www.bbc.co.uk...

"A GP practice in Brighton has been temporarily closed after a staff member tested positive for the coronavirus.

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version."

And so it really begins for the Brits...

Good luck guys.

When this first broke weeks ago I told my lady that this was going to get much, much worse re: number of people infected.

I didn't make any predictions or prognostications regarding # of deaths as a result of being infected, since:

1 - I am not a doctor
2 - I don't even play one on TV

edit on 2/10/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
You think thats gonna help? Im going with no. Peeps are pussies nowadays. Hittin up the ER for hangnails. He NHS needs to re-invent itself somehow. I mean funding IVF? Really?

NHS. and the public need to get real.

a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Well, that article also stated: "Meanwhile, the Department of Health has introduced new measures in England that mean those in quarantine will not be free to leave their accommodation, and can be forcibly sent into isolation if they pose a threat." YIKES!!

Scary Wuhan videos coming to a town near all of us if it does spread way more. I would like to think they won't enact laws like this in the US, but...

I am hoping that this all plays out on the larger scale. And my heart goes out to those who are suffering and am praying for them all to get through.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

The NHS save 100,000s of lives every day of the year.

I think it canny hurt if spent wisely, put it that way.

And they do a hell of a lot more than just deal with people's hangnails, that's for sure, i can tell you that from personal experience.

The NHS requires proper funding one way or the other, as to the public getting real, well are they not a little busy enamored with Brexit whilst the likes of the House of Lords sit back and give themselves a hefty pay rise?

The public doesn't want reality, they are quite happy to play the 3 little monkeys if we are honest.
edit on 10-2-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Im not disputing the good the NHS does...that is without debate. I am just saying stupid people are overwhelming the place for dumb stuff that they could go to the chemist for.
Of course funding is going to help, but I just think it needs to refocus as it just cant handle the modern society. Now we have the mental health craze. How much is that going to add to the burden.

a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Two of the eight people diagnosed in the UK are understood to be GPs.

thats so strange... 2 gp's? really? ..

I guess a GP is a great test study to learn things from.

all appointments are catalogued and booked, you have a wide range of people to observe..
edit on 11/2/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Well, we do have a minor ailments department in most Chemists that people can use.

Might be different down your end all the same, or people may not know about the service.

Anyhoo if they all start turning up there seeking aid or provisions we would be in a similar kettle of fish to them all attending the GPs.

We live in a modern society, handling our NHS is neither here nor there, as its a service that the people of the nation require, thus must be funded and attended to appropriately.

All those people getting stabbed on our streets and the idiots doing so prove we have mental health issues to contend with, no craze there just crazy people.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Two of the eight people diagnosed in the UK are understood to be GPs.

thats so strange... 2 gp's? really? ..

I guess a GP is a great test study to learn things from.

all appointments are catalogued and booked, you have a wide range of people to observe..

Yes, how many patients have those GP's come in contact with since exposure, and how many people have those patients come in contact with, and so on...

Scary

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Churchhousecreeper
Just had a debate with someone on FB as I shared a BBC article with the title 'coronavirus' presents imminent threat to public. I used the caption 'has it now escaped UK quarantine?' and was shot down and told it was hyped up by the western media.

Now this story has come out, he is eating his words

Don’t worry they’ll definitely remember you and your warning

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join