It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Director-General of World Health Organization Warns Overseas Virus Spread may be tip of the iceberg

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Here is Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus@DrTedros who is Director-General of the World Health Organization from the World Health Organization making that statement from his twitter account. The story was picked up by Yahoo who is also running it in the USA on the ATT web page. I also attached this story from the Jakarta Post for now.

The head of the World Health Organization has warned that confirmed cases of coronavirus being transmitted by people who have never traveled to China could be the "tip of the iceberg". Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus's remarks come as members of a WHO-led "international expert mission" flew to China on Monday to help coordinate a response to the outbreak that has so far infected more than 40,000 people and killed 908 in the country. "There've been some concerning instances of onward #2019nCoV spread from people with no travel history to (China)," Tedros tweeted Sunday, using the virus's provisional scientific name. "The detection of a small number of cases may indicate more widespread transmission in other countries; in short, we may only be seeing the tip of the iceberg."

World Health Organization - Agence France-Presse Geneva, Switzerland / Mon, February 10, 2020 / 05:51 pm

I kept a screen shot of his tweet and here's a cut and paste of it here

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus @DrTedros · 13h There’ve been some concerning instances of onward #2019nCoV spread from people with no travel history to 🇨🇳 . The detection of a small number of cases may indicate more widespread transmission in other countries; in short, we may only be seeing the tip of the iceberg.

edit on 10-2-2020 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 10-2-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 10-2-2020 by Waterglass because: another

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass
As for non travellers contracting the virus, it's not autonomous around the world. They MUST have come into contact with some one who did come from there. Or some one who had contact with some one who had contact with some one etc. etc. That's the bad part about a pandemic.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

who needs to go to China to get infected when the Chinese people are travelling around the world 🙄

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Check. Well as far as I am concerned I will take all others comments along with a 55 gallon drum loaded with rock salt.

Hay so do what you do as the guy said something.

For me its off to Walmart today to get two [2] 36 rolls each of Scott's toilet paper. Whiskey. I will refill all [3] of my prescription Inhalers for Asthma,. Will buy 24 gallons of reverse osmosis drinking water from Food Lion at $0.69 each. Two [2] cases of beans and fill the propane tank.

Do you know why? Because if it does get worse people will go nuts and then its too late. If I am wrong so what. All of that stuff has an extremely long shelf life and we will use it all. I mean you read my stuff so you know that I am full of sheet once in awhile.

So its simply getting ahead of the game.

I also want to join The New World Order. So I need a sponsor. Just getting ahead of the game you know.

edit on 10-2-2020 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
www.theguardian.com...
Coronavirus: 66 more cases on cruise ship as 'depression sets in'
Passengers on Diamond Princess face at least another nine days in quarantine

Another 66 passengers onboard a luxury cruise liner quarantined in Japan have tested positive for the coronavirus, bringing the number of infected people on the ship to 136.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I've no need to prepare as my wife is a serial hoarder, and that includes food. If there was a nuclear Armageddon tomorrow we would have enough food for 9 months.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

Along with massive amounts of birds leaving Wuhan as its the month for annual migrations. Wuhan is a large migration location for birds. Most are heading back to Russia!

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: crayzeed

Check. Well as far as I am concerned I will take all others comments along with a 55 gallon drum loaded with rock salt.

Hay so do what you do as the guy said something.

For me its off to Walmart today to get two [2] 36 rolls each of Scott's toilet paper. Whiskey. I will refill all [3] of my prescription Inhalers for Asthma,. Will buy 24 gallons of reverse osmosis drinking water from Food Lion at $0.69 each. Two [2] cases of beans and fill the propane tank.

Do you know why? Because if it does get worse people will go nuts and then its too late. If I am wrong so what. All of that stuff has an extremely long shelf life and we will use it all. I mean you read my stuff so you know that I am full of sheet once in awhile.

So its simply getting ahead of the game.

I also want to join The New World Order. So I need a sponsor. Just getting ahead of the game you know.

Hey dude, go for it. All it takes is "panic" and from what I can tell, there's some pretty mean gangs in America that have weapons beyond belief.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Thats awesome....will it be the Coronet virus in Russia?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I do know the hillbillies around me have automatic weapons. Many are all ex military. No not semiautomatic. Fully automatic. They were 223 Remington sounding.

My cousin was a sniper in the Marine Corp. He attained whatever was the highest level. Dude had a round of some really bad bubblegum stuff to combat a gang.

edit on 10-2-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I hear Jeffrey Epsteins Island is empty.....time for a flight maybe? Whats the Virgin Islands policy on squatting?

a reply to: musicismagic

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Really type in in and look for your self.

Amazing China: The perfect stopover for migratory birds ... 13 hours ago - Amazing China:

The perfect stopover for migratory birds. chinadaily.com.cn ... Wuhan strengthens disinfection measures to contain virus spread. en.hubei.gov.cn › photo_gallery › scenery

Wetlands in Wuhan witness arrival of migratory birds Jan 25, 2016 - Wetlands in Wuhan witness arrival of migratory birds,Scenery,Hubei,province,government,The peoples government of hubei province.

edit on Mon Feb 10 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: SOURCE NEEDED ASAP

edit on Mon Feb 10 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: global.chinadaily.com.cn...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

You will have to beat out the CIA for that island. Kind of like playing capture the flag

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I believed you, I just wanted to make a really cheezy joke.

Corona....Coronet(bird)....nevermind. lol

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Damned CIA....probably a safe house now. Safe for whom is another thread.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
www.theguardian.com...
Coronavirus: 66 more cases on cruise ship as 'depression sets in'
Passengers on Diamond Princess face at least another nine days in quarantine

Another 66 passengers onboard a luxury cruise liner quarantined in Japan have tested positive for the coronavirus, bringing the number of infected people on the ship to 136.

i don't think people really understand how such a quarantine is supposed to work. the time period is supposed to reset to full anytime there is a new case discovered. and to be honest there has been talk of a longer incubation period over two weeks. so perhaps they need to make it a 3 week quarantine. especially since one doesn't have to have symptoms before they can spread the sickness.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

well it now seems that the virus may have an incubation period of 24 days. that means any quarantine time period should probably be 4 weeks from last new case. which would mean those poor people should be stuck on that ship until march 10 at the earliest if no new cases are found.

“In presenting data on over 1000 cases of 2019 nCoV, Guan and colleagues have done a remarkable job. The suggestion that the incubation period may extend up to 24 days is definitely worrying, especially for people currently in quarantine who may, therefore, expect to spend longer is isolation.
www.sciencemediacentre.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Where was the World Health Organization when the FIRST Cases of the Coronavirus were Reported in China ? Why was there not an Immediate Reaction to this Heath Threat with Travel Bans Enforced for People Entering and Leaving China ? The WHO is a Freaking Incompetent Joke , and Now Thousands of People stand on Losing their Lives Because of it .

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
Where was the World Health Organization when the FIRST Cases of the Coronavirus were Reported in China ? Why was there not an Immediate Reaction to this Heath Threat with Travel Bans Enforced for People Entering and Leaving China ? The WHO is a Freaking Incompetent Joke , and Now Thousands of People stand on Losing their Lives Because of it .

perhaps a better question would be how long was it between the Chinese government knowing about the problem, and when they reported it?

but i will agree that China did not do anywhere enough to stop the spread of it, especially to outside countries. it goes far beyond not having travel bans soon enough. but even worse was the fact that when they even did do it, it was done in such a way that there was more than enough time for many people to escape, before it was put into place. like for example several hundred people being able to charter two aircraft to escape the quarantine, and travel ban, taking of just before the travel ban went into effect, and flying to a smaller area of the Philippines. seriously it takes time to charter such aircraft, bring them to the place (if they were not already there), not to mention getting those few hundred people to the airport and going through things like immigration and such before leaving. and why did the government not even stop those aircraft even when they were in the air. the Chinese government has a lot to answer for in this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join