It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to send Private Messages?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Anybody know how to send private messages? Do you have to wait or something?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
myATS, click the "envelope icon" upper right, then fill in the name etc...

You're very new, there may be posting restrictions. Theres a thread for new folks, check forums for further guides.
edit on 8-2-2020 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AlmightyGawd

Just play back and forth with replies here until your post count hits 20. That should give you full access. Then as already stated, click the envelope under the top right corner.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Thanks will try now since i'm at 20 posts

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If you want to send a message to a specific member, click on the icon just underneath the stats in their mini-profile, displayed on the left of one of their posts. "Send message" will be one of the options.

edit on 8-2-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Even if you do send one.. you probably have to alert that member in a post that they have a message.. the envelope icon button doesn’t show white anymore when you have an unread message.

Not everyone checks messages often.

I see you are very new here.. welcome.

Oh.. also at times the pm’s just don’t get received..🤷🏻‍♀️

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Even if you do send one.. you probably have to alert that member in a post that they have a message.. the envelope icon button doesn’t show white anymore when you have an unread message.

Really?

How long has that been going on?

Now I need to check my messages...

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Really?

For awhile now.. it’s always good to check periodically.

Also.. if you do send one .. and have alerted the member to it.. check if they got it. I think maybe because of some tiny glitch.. some actually don’t reach their destination. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Not sure why.. but I know it happens at times.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Really?

For awhile now.. it’s always good to check periodically.

Also.. if you do send one .. and have alerted the member to it.. check if they got it. I think maybe because of some tiny glitch.. some actually don’t reach their destination. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Not sure why.. but I know it happens at times.

Mine show up white. Not that I get a lot. But if I get an applause or something it appears bolded white. It will only unbold after reading it.

If you're not not showing bolded you probably got someone with permissions and access reading your PMs lol.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SimpleIdea

If the person sending the message goes into their outbox and reads the message before you read it then it shows as read in your inbox.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: SimpleIdea

If the person sending the message goes into their outbox and reads the message before you read it then it shows as read in your inbox.

Oh wow.. that’s good to know !! Sometimes I reread them just to check how I said things.. I sometimes even forget what I said. 😕

Thanks for that info !

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

And that happens a lot
edit on 10-2-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Does this still stand that you need 20 posts to be able to PM? a reply to: mysterioustranger

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   
5 or 20 messages ?

top topics

join