It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost my Mom tonight

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Just getting in from a tough night. I'm ok and at peace with it, we all knew it was coming sooner than later but you're never ready for it until it actually happens. She was 93 and her health took a major turn in just the last few days. She had no quality of life left so it was for the best. I'll miss her as I do my Dad. Lost Dad ten years ago so there is a certain feeling of finality (for lack of better words) with having both parents now gone.

Thank you ATS for being here and allowing me to express my loss.

For those with parents still alive, cherish and value the time you have with them, because once they're gone, we're only left with the memories.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

They live on in your heart.

Cherish the memories and remember those that brought joy to you both. Those are the ones that bring peace at the loss.

Condolences.

P

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Just know she'll always be there with you.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   
So sorry for your loss, it's never easy losing a loved one, just be glad she had 93 years. That's far better than most

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Thank you all for the kind words. Going to try and get some sleep, been up for awhile now.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
For those with parents still alive, cherish and value the time you have with them, because once they're gone, we're only left with the memories.

This needs repeating! .. Lost my Mam when I was 26, I'd give everything for one more day!

So sorry for your loss! sending my thoughts.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I know how you feel, for me the loss of my mum was utterly devastating and still is, I believe and I would argue know though that she is still with us and watching over us.

The love that mother's feel for there children even after the death of the body is still there, my mum would know if one of her children was ill even if they were very far away and would start to worry, this link is still with us but the thing I miss is the feeling of her living presence and the powerful aura she had, it may take time for her to gain a little strength over there but the Lord willing your mum may be able to give you a sign, perhaps a smell of her scent or the light's flickering in a room with her picture to let you know she is still there and still loves you, she always will it goes without saying and one day we will all hopefully see our mother's again Lord willing.

Jesus bless you and your family and keep you safe.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:32 AM
link   

May she rest in peace.

I hear you about finality. When both of my parents had passed away, I had a terrible sensation of realizing that I no longer had any living ancestors.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Hold Fast & Stay Strong brother, it's times like these that define who we are, and what really matters. 93 is a good innings, I hope this thread goes some way in honoring her memory.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Words can’t express my condolences OP. I won’t say I understand how you feel because my mom is still with us. I will say this though.. I have thought many times about how I will feel when we lose her.. and I have no living parents. There is a very ‘alone’ feeling when thinking of that, so I really hope I can feel both my parents prayers and love after they have passed away.

Take care OP.. hope you feel better soon.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I think people tend to think that age makes it less painful but it really doesn't. It's never a good time to lose someone.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
So sorry to here such news.
Tomorrow my mother 89 years old will be admitted to a care home. I feel your sadness also.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   

They're not Gone..

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
So sad to hear. Both my parents are gone also. The memories will always be there as they live on in you.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss. I lost my mom a few years back after a long fight with cop-d, and other respiratory problems.

Try to remember that she's now with your dad , where I'm sure they are both smiling at each other while keeping an eye on you.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   

In my 60's and just had surgery, my Mom, 85 has been helping take care of me. It doesn't matter how old we are, we love our Mommies.

I can't imagine the pain you are feeling. Even if your parent has lived a long and healthy life, they are still your mommy and daddy and you are still their child in your hearts.

I cry with you my friend in solidarity of the great love of a Mom that can never be replaced, just looked back on fondly once they are gone.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Sorry for your loss mtnshredder.

One thing though, you did have your mom for a long long time, you are blessed in that respect. I lost mine 26 years ago, and dad 24. Seems another lifetime to me.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Know the feeling. The pain never goes away, you just deal with it. Atleast you had a long time with your mom. Mine died when I was 24. She died at 53.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I'm so sorry.

You have my condolences.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I'm extremely sorry for your loss, but it sounds like she lead a long (93!) and mostly healthy life, so be thankful for that.

I'm dreading the day I lose either my Mom or Dad, they are both 0ver 80, and not in the best of health. I know it will come one day, but I'm just trying to spend as much time with them, and bringing the kids to see them as much as possible for now, and not dwelling on the inevitable.

Cherish her memory!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join