It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese woman lands in Copenhagen with symptoms that resembles Corona

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 03:56 AM
link   
This morning a Chinese woman landed in CPH airport with symptoms that resemble Corona.
The plane touched down at 7.40 and she was taken into isolation on Hvidovre Hospital.
The Danish equivalent to the CDC expects to have test results in a few hours...

Apparently the woman was on a plane that came in from Finland. It is assumed that the other passengers on the plane had already left the airport.

Big sections of CPH Terminal 3 were shut down and they started cleaning right away...

If it was a standard Finnair craft it was an Airbus321 type plane. Capable of seating 200 people.

Thats a lot of people. I hope she wore a mask during the flight.
edit on 7/2/20 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Update:

Plane was a A330-200 with 269 seats. Plane came from China and had a stop over in Helsinki.
According to the woman she wore a mask the entire time in CPH.

Airline: sichuan Airlines, flight 3U8271
edit on 7/2/20 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Well, looks like Finland and Denmark are going to be seeing new cases of infection.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:55 AM
link   
as neither finland - nor denmark have any prior cases

the fall out from this incident [ if the female tests NC positive ]

will give a better insite into NC morbidity rates

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I thought Finland had a case, in Lappland?

Cheers

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Finland had a confirmed case in Lappland, chinese woman was treated in Rovaniemi hospital she recovered and was released from care couple days ago.

edit to add
They required 3 clean test before release.
edit on 7-2-2020 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Thanks. BTW, that recovery is not noted on the John Hopkins page. I wonder how much data is missing there.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Just in.... subject 1 was negative.... they dont state how many tests they did. I hope they did more than just one :/

Another person is in isolation (non related to the plane and other woman), answer expected later tonight

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

This morning a Chinese woman landed in CPH airport with symptoms that resemble Corona.

And the train just kept on rolling...

Watch this space.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Meh, the symptoms of the cold and flu are about the same as CV

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 04:17 AM
link   
They’d need to be tracking her travel history and pulling everybody off the streets and plane that was in revertive close quarters to her to stop the outbreak

Which isn’t likely

The problem I see is this

The simulations they’ve run to deal with epidemics & pandemics seems to be protect the world economy first and foremost, try to keep things moving because they fear the economic damage would be global recession or worst

But what I’m starting to realise is they never run a simulation of a virus as potent as 2019 nCoV

nCoV is surprising the worlds scientists and doing things they never thought possible, or a combination of characteristics they never thought they have to deal with all at once

The method in dealing with this virus is utterly wrong imo

With nCoV it seems unfortunately the only way you stop it is literally by building a wall around China and filling it with concrete, not really... but #ting down all flights sooner would had limited it to mainland China, and then have all nations send resources and doctors to the quarantine

Unfortunately China acted far too late, and didn’t get the quarantine down on Wuhan fast enough, but has make monolithic efforts since to contain, their 2nd biggest mistake was not being honest to the rest of the world and wrong footing them on what course of action to take

At that point the cats out the bag and a global pandemic is well on the way, tbh I get the feeling Chiba knew how bad it was and lied because they knew exactly how potent nCoV is, and thought ... if we’re going down the worlds coming with us

The rest is history, soon

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: flice
Update:
Plane was a A330-200 with 269 seats. Plane came from China and had a stop over in Helsinki.
According to the woman she wore a mask the entire time in CPH.
Airline: sichuan Airlines, flight 3U8271

what good is her wearing a mask? they have been saying masks are not much help, instead things like washing hands constantly is best. and that you are in more danger from contact with a sick person, or contact with things they have touched. so even wearing a mask EVERYTHING she touched is a possible point of spreading infection. how many times did she use the washroom? touching the faucet, door handle, toilet paper, etc? every person to touch it after her is a potential victim. and most of those over 200 hundred people are sharing 2- 4 washrooms. my flight a few weeks back had 1 washroom for the 12 people in first or business class section. while the other couple hundred of us had 2 to share, with a long lineup both just after takeoff due to having a major delay waiting for the aircraft to arrive. as well as the normal after meal long line. and while waiting i am sure i touched pretty much every seat where the lineup was, as the aircraft bounced around from minor turbulence. not to mention brushing up against people returning from the washroom trying to pass through the line with the narrow isle. and for anyone who doesn't know it seats, the walls beside the seats, arm rests, magazines, safety cards (that they tell people to look at), seatbelts and especially the tray tables and entertainment system (if they have one, our flight you had to download an app before t he flight to access it on your phone or tablet), are all germ infested and on an ordinary day make it likely you will catch something. heck they make people sit in seats still wet from puke and piss (although they generally will wipe off what they can of the chunks in the puke when you complain, i have seen that a few times). forget about actually cleaning anything. heck you are lucky if the seat pocket doesn't have old trash in it. and if there is no trash on the floor.

and they certainly can track down everyone who was on that aircraft even if they have left the airport. they have all the names and passport information of everyone. all they would have to do at the very least is give out those names on the news, radio and newspapers, and they are sure to find even those who are not citizens who are in the country. and they also know where and on what flight anyone who has left the country was on. and who of them are in the country thanks to immigration checking every passport and entering all the information, which in many countries also means having your picture and fingerprints taken, on both entry and exit. and it's all on their computer systems for easy retrieval. some countries even require visitors to put down the address of where they are staying at the least. sometimes even a contact name of a person in the country and t heir phone number (which for most would be the hotel phone number/staff, unless you are staying with friends or relatives).

top topics

join