It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D Food printers can make a fake steak and just about anything else!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The technology of 3d printing is expanding into the food industry. Recently I purchased what I thought was roast from a major grocery store chain. When I removed it from the plastic wrapping, the meat had no smell, no blood, and seemed more like rubber than meat. I have been cooking for awhile, and something didn't seem right about it. So, I cut a small piece of the raw, (whatever it was), and flung it at the wall like a piece of spaghetti. My grandmother had taught me that's how to tell if pasta is ready...when it sticks to the wall. Well, it stuck to the wall, and stayed there for several days. When I finally removed it, it had no signs of decomposition whatsoever, no smell, or anything. So then I started investigating and came across 3D food printing machines. My friends and a few professional chefs I told this story to, refused to believe it, but I think now it's being used to create fake food sold in stores.

From a base goo, they can print many different kinds of food, texture and colour can be programmed, it can even print the fat and bones. Flavour injectors add the final touch, and it's ready to be sold in your local market. It makes sense really, they can print fake food at a much higher rate, and at a fraction of the cost. I know, it's hard to believe, but look at this video and see for yourself!

www.youtube.com...

How would you know the difference?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LiveWire007

It's true. They also make a Roomba wall cleaners.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I don’t think that would work well with my all natural diet.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Food is very expensive these days. If this technology can make it considerably cheaper, it'll be successful. Like it or not.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I cut a small piece of the raw, (whatever it was), and flung it at the wall like a piece of spaghetti. My grandmother had taught me that's how to tell if pasta is ready...when it sticks to the wall. Well, it stuck to the wall, and stayed there for several days. When I finally removed it

You flung a piece of meat at your wall that stuck, and you left it there for several days?

You're single, right?

I mean, we know there are processed ("fake") foods that are full or preservatives and fillers that have a hard time decomposing (McDs?), but 3D printed foods? Not buying it.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I suspect this might be soylent green so to speak.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

So, I cut a small piece of the raw, (whatever it was), and flung it at the wall like a piece of spaghetti. My grandmother had taught me that's how to tell if pasta is ready...when it sticks to the wall. Well, it stuck to the wall, and stayed there for several days. When I finally removed it, it had no signs of decomposition whatsoever, no smell, or anything. So then I started investigating and came across 3D food printing machines. My friends and a few professional chefs I told this story to, refused to believe it,

...your friends might just be worried about you, dude.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Tea. Earl Gray. Hot...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Food is very expensive these days.

Only if you buy it.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
There's something called the FDA that has to inspect the facilities that animals are butchered and packaged in before the meat hits the shelves. One does not simply mass produce literal tons of meat with industrial 3D printers in secret.

It sounds like you just bought a really bad cut of meat. You couldn't see it through the clear plastic? You can cook it into something decent. What cut was it? Beef I assume? You should've taken a picture, esp of the piece on the wall.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Plastic tastes funny.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   

It's probably a bunch of meat scraps that are glued together.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: Trueman
Food is very expensive these days.

Only if you buy it.

Not me, but it'll be a millennial's favorite. It just fits well in today's world.

ALso, imagine the first "Trekkies Restaurant".

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Do they have any 3D-printers, that can make 3D-printers ?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
Do they have any 3D-printers, that can make 3D-printers ?

What they really need is a 3D printer that can print the stuff a 3D printer prints with.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Yes, I remember that movie! They were dissolving the dead corpses in large tanks of some kind of emulsion, then making the soylent crackers out of them that they fed to the people. I thought the base goo was made of some kind of cellulose, like refined wood pulp, but now that you mention it, soylent would be much more efficient! It wouldn't waste the natural resources. Intriguing, Thanks for posting!

a reply to: yuppa

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LiveWire007
Yes, I remember that movie! They were dissolving the dead corpses in large tanks of some kind of emulsion, then making the soylent crackers out of them that they fed to the people. I thought the base goo was made of some kind of cellulose, like refined wood pulp, but now that you mention it, soylent would be much more efficient! It wouldn't waste the natural resources. Intriguing, Thanks for posting!

a reply to: yuppa

ya welcome. i seem to remember a TED talk a while ago about cannibalism being OK if it was done in a certain way. This fits in.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Can they 3-D print me a Raquel Welch from '1,000,000 B.C.?'
I would eat her liver with fava beans and a nice chianti.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Wonder if there's any creation stories, that begin with 3-D printers ?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think 3D printing is interesting, and I've always wanted a 3D printer. I don't think I would want to eat 3D printed food though.

new topics

top topics

join