It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N95 Masks on lockdown / shortage thanks to the Chinese Communist Government

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Lol, well as smart as I thought I was around ten years old I'm not sure I would have been able to contribute anything worthwhile. It was just fun getting my heeby jeebies reading about aliens and other paranormal stuff.

As a teen and a large chunk of my twenties I was too busy with work and other life stuff to ever do anything but read.

I joined recently because I wanted to contribute some well thought out stuff, but my computer got destroyed, and it's hard to do so on a phone. Maybe when I get my life bacl to normal and not so nomadic I'll be able to sit down and create some decent OPs.

Legend. I'm just 34 and have been around here since 16 onward and never post or use account but have here and there.
There's so many of us lurkers out there, reading but not always taking part. I've had some amazing experiences reading sone threads.

This current virus situation has left me very interested. I've made a few preps and got a suits and masks earlier in January at market price and now see how much it's risen.

I now await further news and will take precautions in the mean time.

Good luck to all.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Attention Please:

The topic is "N95 Masks on lockdown / shortage thanks to the Chinese Communist Government".

This is not a chat room, please stick to the topic. This is also not a political topic.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Attention Please:

The topic is "N95 Masks on lockdown / shortage thanks to the Chinese Communist Government".

This is not a chat room, please stick to the topic. This is also not a political topic.

Do not reply to this post.

I do hope you realise I hardly ever post and actually in this post talked about masks which I have purchased before the shortage?

I can give more information if that is necessary. I purchased some n95 masks back on 28th January for £14.99 for a box of ten. The same ones are now £60 on the same site.

I hope that goes toward the topic of this thread and apologise for and misunderstanding. My previous post also talked about the mask. I do have the sense to realise this isn't a chat room but thanks for your input.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Diamondgeezur

Moderator Note:

Since you are so new I'll give you a pass on this one. "Do not reply to this post" means to not reply to instructional posts by moderators. If you have questions we prefer you use the Alert feature to speak directly with Staff, to keep it out of threads.

Don't sweat the small stuff, just try and stick to the topics.

edit on 2/6/2020 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So, why the hell do the countries get so dependent on a different country to supply so much of what they sell. We should have factories making way more stuff here in America, especially the stuff we need.

You would think we were smart enough to do just that but....

WalMart
Clintons
Democrats
Amazon
Alibaba

Need I say more?

We all but sold out country to China.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So, why the hell do the countries get so dependent on a different country to supply so much of what they sell. We should have factories making way more stuff here in America, especially the stuff we need.

GREED okay. There is no need to complain. The mafia runs America and destroyed all legit businesses. Now, they are doing it to the world under US military dictatorship.
edit on 6-2-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
I bought over 30 two weeks ago

No stupid here

30, what will you do with them all ?

Actually, they do not last forever, and once they become wet, you will have to replace them eventually. A family of 4 that will drop that number to 7 each which should be okay but you never know.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I missed the boat, but investing in a face mask company a couple of weeks ago would have a solid financial decision.

I do see your point though.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I missed the boat, but investing in a face mask company a couple of weeks ago would have a solid financial decision.

LOL yeah I wish but you would have had to put your money into 3M which is a biggest maker at least for the US market.

This kind of stuff may need to be treated like a 'strategic asset" like we do with shipbuilding etc

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

That would be ideal , won't happen under the" strategic profit " stance currently adopted.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

That would be ideal , won't happen under the" strategic profit " stance currently adopted.

You and I have common ground on that.

Perhaps the Dems and the GOP can be proactive (hahahaha who am I kidding) and create a "Strategic reserve" similar to our Oil reserves

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Yeah those reserves would be allocated to offshore accounts and squandered accordingly. Indeed the pessisimism is shared.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

LOL yeah I wish but you would have had to put your money into 3M which is a biggest maker at least for the US market.

This kind of stuff may need to be treated like a 'strategic asset" like we do with shipbuilding etc

3M also has its hands in almost everything from pharmoceutics to manufacturing and construction to the mikitary. They're a good company to invest in, and I hear now is a better time than ever.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alchemst7
Homedepot here in So. Cal has a full shelf of N95 face mask. Homedepot brand HDX N95 mask pack of 30 for $24.97. Can stock up and sell for $5 bucks each when the panic hits here. Whats that saying, "Never let a crisis go to waste!"

Just got back from my Homedepot and they are sold out! On the 5th, there was at least 4 cases of 30 count box N95 masks.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Yeah im not surprised they are sold out. There is always a run. Ill bet alot of them are on ebay for exorbitant prices too.

My team is getting refresher training on our PAPR systems which run about 1200 per and provide powered filtration.

www.3m.com... pirators/Powered-Air-Systems/?N=5002385+8709322+8711017+8711405+8720539+8720547+8720780+3294857497&rt=r3

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join