It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First POTUS in space?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Do you think there'll ever be a future POTUS who will go to space or the moon or whatever? Do you think they'd (even) want to? Drawbacks?

Personally, I don't think in the near future and in the future of the current modern US, we'll see a POTUS go into space (at least publicly).

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
There was a story that Barack was one of the people who went to mars years ago via some type of transport machine. Im not kidding either.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
There was a story that Barack was one of the people who went to mars years ago via some type of transport machine. Im not kidding either.

"some type of transport machine"?

The hell do you mean? A spaceship?

That is highly doubtful. According to public media, no human has yet set foot on Mars.

In secret? Dunno. But they certainly didn't tell the American people...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IndigoLLC

Presidents tend to be, excuse me, I'm a millenial... Old AF? So I'm guessing they'd never pass the fitness test.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndigoLLC

"some type of transport machine"? The hell do you mean? A spaceship?

No, not a spaceship. It was allegedly some sort of transport machine. Easy enough to lookup: like here, don't you think?

That is highly doubtful. According to public media, no human has yet set foot on Mars.

"According to public media"? Wow. Thanks so much for providing us your expertise on the matter,

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IndigoLLC

I think they should all go into space and stay there, preferably coupled with a visit to the sun's surface.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

"some type of transport machine"? The hell do you mean? A spaceship?

No, not a spaceship. It was allegedly some sort of transport machine. Easy enough to lookup: like here, don't you think?

"According to public media"? Wow. Thanks so much for providing us your expertise on the matter,

"Time travel" in the conventional science fantasy idea is scientifically impossible and absurd. You literally cannot "go back" to the 1800s and kill baby Hitler.

In a technical scientific sense? Well, then it gets complicated.

Theoretically speaking, I can "travel" to a future Earth by embarking on a journey away from Earth, say to a system 10 light years away. I travel at the speed of light and arrive in the system 10 years later. I then have some tea and then travel back to Earth - at light speed. All in all, 20 years have passed. It is now 2040 on Earth. Abracadabra, I've "time travelled" to the future! (I could repeat the same trip and go again and it'd be 2060 on Earth and so on and so forth, but I could never "go back" to 2020 on Earth.)

Of course, all this being said, space travel at the speed of light is virtually impossible according to current understanding of science. Even 15-20% of the speed of light is difficult without future advanced shielding/defense mechanism and protection for internal biological life.

Then, it gets murky. Then there's the multiverse theory or the many world's theory. But we haven't even figured out how to safely travel to the next star let alone travel to "a different universe" or even verify the theories are even correct!
edit on 5-2-2020 by IndigoLLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Obama paid good money to get into that machine. He was actually gassed with thai sticks and he did not realize that the other door out of the booth went to a different room. I could write TV shows.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Obama paid good money to get into that machine. He was actually gassed with thai sticks and he did not realize that the other door out of the booth went to a different room. I could write TV shows.

Is it the same machine Marty McFly took? The Delorian?

Yawn with all this science fantasy...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
No.

To many things that could cause harm... can you imagine. Watching a president get on board of a rocket then explodes or the heat shield get damage and explodes on reentry... even if space becomes an every day thing like in the Expanse. He or she would still not leave this planet.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Can we send Trump to the sun?

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

It would have no effect, my bosses spray tan would protect him, he would need eye pro though, that area is not protected. It may even increase solar activity so the sun doesn’t explode like it was going to the other day from the solar minimum or whatever.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Not accurate, John Glen was not only the 1st to orbit, he was the oldest astronaut at age 77 to go to space.
www.space.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

No. a dimensional transport machine. It was an in depth story too. It was awesome. The guy telling it went too. There were teams. Its on youtube. I saw it months ago. The guy was someone very believable too. I should have saved the shortcut for you. Sorry

new topics

top topics

join