It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikipedia has Rush under ‘’Hatemomger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Looking at Wikipedia on my iPad, it breaks down medal of freedom recipients by categories.

Low and behold Rush has his own heading: ‘Hateminger’. It’s number 6, between ‘History’ and
Humanitarian’.

This special designation is on my iPad and not my iPhone

Remember this when reading Wikipedia

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Wikipedia has always been controlled by Leftists. That is one of the reasons it isn’t considered a legitimate source of information.

edit on 2020/2/4 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
At the bottom of the page you can see a list of edits performed. Anyone can edit wikipedia, but malicious edits are generally changed rather promptly.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Wiki is used for basic common knowledge, like the sky is blue.

Anything beyond that is dismissed.

You can't even use Wiki in a scholistic setting either, you'll recieve no credit for any source you used with Wiki.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

I'm not seeing the hatemonger thing...
But wiki was updated

This happens all the time. Wiki did it to ATS years ago.

The editor...
en.m.wikipedia.org...:Ad_Orientem

Edit: just click on the green where it says "Ad Orientem" seems adding the wiki link goes elsewhere..

EDIT: this is why SCREENSHOT CAPTURE is so very important.
edit on 4-2-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
He's donated millions to charities. Not many Democrats can make that claim in broadcasting. I don't even think one exist to be honest.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hate monger?! How dare they!!!!

“Take that bone out of your nose and call me back (to an African American female caller).”

“I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”

“You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.”

“Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

“The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.”

“They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?”

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Wikipedia is owned by whom? Have they ever self-identified?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
He's donated millions to charities. Not many Democrats can make that claim in broadcasting. I don't even think one exist to be honest.

Bill Cosby put thousands of people through college. Does that makes him less sexual predator?
edit on 4-2-2020 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek
Hate monger?! How dare they!!!!

“Take that bone out of your nose and call me back (to an African American female caller).”

“I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”

“You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.”

“Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

“The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.”

“They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?”

Prosecutors seized Mr. Limbaugh's records after learning that he had received about 2,000 painkillers, prescribed by four doctors in six months, at a pharmacy near his house in Palm Beach. The investigation was held up as the prosecutors and Mr. Black battled in court over whether the records had been properly seized.

Mr. Limbaugh reported five years ago that he had lost most of his hearing because of an autoimmune inner-ear disease. He had surgery to have an electronic device placed in his skull to restore his hearing. But research shows that abusing opiate-based painkillers can also cause profound hearing loss.

Before his own problems became public, Mr. Limbaugh had decried drug use and abuse and had mocked President Bill Clinton for saying he had not inhaled when he tried marijuana. He often made the case that drug crimes deserve punishment.

"Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country," Mr. Limbaugh said on his short-lived television program on Oct. 5, 1995. "And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs."

He added, "And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up."

On the same show, he commented that the statistics that show blacks go to prison more often than whites for the same drug offenses only illustrated that "too many whites are getting away with drug use."

www.nytimes.com...

You're not going to get much of anyone publicly agreeing with you here, and yes the man was garbage. Even if he's reformed, the amount of hateful bull# that has come from his mouth is a testament. I've been seeing the ugly, ignorant mess without looking for it or trying to since I was a teenager and I'm creeping on 40.

He's outspoken far right, Trump gave him an award, he's been pro-Trump because Trump is the current GOP President. He's the top right media guy and has been for decades. The mere fact that it happened devalues the award into the future. "What's so special about it? Even Limbaugh got it. It's whoever the President at the time is most fond of politically."

It could be anyone except a woman or a black man and I hope everyone reading can admit that while also knowing neither would ever be a GOP President. I'm not demonizing the GOP, it simply is what it is considering the political demographics and party culture. Considering history to present, it's the voice and power of the people it represents, who should be represented. It's unfortunate, but it's what has grown out of our system. The minorities, women, homosexuals, "communists" and the sympathizers to all get on one side, while most of the white men with some cheerleaders for good measure get on the other side.

I see what he says and understand where it came from, who agrees and wants to hear it, thus it is a thing that's popular among those who like it, who identify with it. In the United States, regardless of who the administration is or who has the majority in Congress, he should and does have a right to say it, to broadcast it too. The people who like it have a right to follow it. A Republican President has the right and the power to give him a freedom award and the people who like him have a right to be happy about it.

Yes it's incredibly simple, divisive, and lame for a President to give him or anyone like him, regardless of their political party, such an award. But, these things happen and getting triggered by it into strongly worded internet posts of praise or abhorrent disdain are a waste of energy as soon as you debate them.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   
No one's perfect and many have issues. It's not pointing the finger and saying, "Ha! He's done bad things". It's the level of shock factor hypocrite he is. It could be anyone of any political affiliation. They could be about something that isn't political at all.

In the end, he was betrayed by his own housekeeper. Law-enforcement sources tell NEWSWEEK that Limbaugh's exposure as a pain-pill addict began when Wilma Cline, 42, who had worked at Limbaugh's $30 million Florida estate from 1997 to July 2001, showed up at the Palm Beach County state attorney's office late last year eager to sic the cops on her former boss. Her motive remained murky, but her story--how she had met Limbaugh in parking lots to exchange sandwich bags filled with "baby blues" (OxyContin pills) for a cigar box stuffed with cash--was luridly damning. Between July 2001 and June 2002, Cline delivered enough pills to Limbaugh "to kill an elephant," she told the National Enquirer, the supermarket tabloid that broke (and paid for) Cline's story.

She gave e-mails and ledgers to the cops showing that Limbaugh had purchased more than 30,000 hydrocodone, Lorcet and OxyContin pills, the Enquirer reported. Law-enforcement sources confirmed the basic facts of the Enquirer story to NEWSWEEK. Limbaugh protested that the stories contained "inaccuracies and distortions," but last Friday, his vast listening audience heard that resonant, righteous, morally certain voice admit that he had become an addict and was entering rehab.

Limbaugh clung to the ideology of self-reliance to the last. "I'm not going to portray myself as a victim," he said. Millions of pain sufferers who use powerful medications could sympathize. But the mockery was instantaneous. Liberal mouth Al Franken (author of "Rush Limbaugh Is a Big Fat Idiot") hit the airwaves to relish Limbaugh's greatest hits of hypocrisy and his sneers at celebrity dopers like baseball player Darryl Strawberry and rocker Kurt Cobain, and virtually every newspaper dredged up this 1995 quote from Rush: "Too many whites are getting away with drug use. The answer is to... find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them, and send them up the river."

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Thats nice, I wonder what PERSON decided that. I have several people, mostly elected Democrats, under that heading myself. I wonder if people will take me any more serious than someone who can willy nilly edit a wiki page.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

So where's the Rush got cancer party I keep hearing about?

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

good luck, it's like showing card tricks to a dog around here

the left/right people on this site just keep defending these monsters, whether it's rush, clinton, trump, obama or some other tool who wants power over them, it's so pathetic.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

good luck, it's like showing card tricks to a dog around here

the left/right people on this site just keep defending these monsters, whether it's rush, clinton, trump, obama or some other tool who wants power over them, it's so pathetic.

It's not the point of defending anyone it's basically not wishing cancer on people. Thankfully I'm not a celebrity and people won't dig up my past and say I'm glad he has cancer.

top topics

join