It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I won't shop at Walmart

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Walmart is pretty much the complete opposite of everything I enjoy or believe in.

Totally agree with this and am mad at myself for even going those two times!
Like I said, never again!

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I just pick up two items and go to self checkout. Greeter person sees me and asks for my receipts.

That must have been truly traumatic for you, I'm so sorry you were made to experience such an inconvenient situation. Life can be so unfair sometimes.

lol...First world problems.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

That must have been truly traumatic for you, I'm so sorry you were made to experience such an inconvenient situation. Life can be so unfair sometimes.

Dude, you a Walmart shareholder or what?

Notice this forum's name? It's called rant for a reason. If it were high level real world serious issues it would be in Civil unrest, or pandemics etc.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Which one is “risking your life”?

Walking by a police officer or presenting proof of purchase?

And why would you care if you had to scan your face to access a bank account? It would be more secure and they already have your face and name attached to each other along with countless other data points when you have a drivers license.

So how specifically would a face scan adversely affect your life other than you being afraid of it?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
You guys should just let the lady have her rant. I think we all know she's intelligent enough to understand the difference between wanting to vent about something frustrating and an actual serious matter.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

Which one is “risking your life”?

Walking by a police officer or presenting proof of purchase?

And why would you care if you had to scan your face to access a bank account? It would be more secure and they already have your face and name attached to each other along with countless other data points when you have a drivers license.

So how specifically would a face scan adversely affect your life other than you being afraid of it?

Not just walking by a police officer, (which by the way I support the police) but let's face some have an itchy finger and bad aim. I'd rather not be part of a shootout that when I'm trying to buy lettuce. If you don't think that happens, it does. Right here in Milwaukee cops shot a teen running away from the Mall.
www.wbay.com...

And why would you care if you had to scan your face to access a bank account?

WUT............ I am flabbergasted that anyone, and I mean anyone on ATS would ever ask that question...

edit on 4-2-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Wallyworld went to crap after Sam Walton was gone.The final straw for me was stopping selling handgun and ammo.F@@$$ them,haven't set foot in one since and by God I'll pay more somewhere else to not go in there and put up with the crowds.suspicious employees and the weirdos that hang out there.Our local one had a guy commit suicide,a illegai guy masturbating on the shirts and other crazy stuff going on.The slum of stores,that's Wal Mart.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Maybe he was flirting?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Were the items bagged or in hand? Greeters are trained to ask about unbagged items as it's one situation in which items may not have been paid for. The same goes for unbagged items in carts, especially underneath the cart.

Also large containers. It's very common for people to grab a tote container with a lid and load it up, pay only for the tote, then walk out.

They can't check everyone. It would take too long.

I can give you some insight about the check-out thing. As someone who works there and is a floor employee, at our store we are horribly short staffed and are some of the only till trained people. They do call for more tills to be open. They call it a Code Fast in our store (Canada). If there is no one on the floor because we're short, who do you think is going to go to any open tills?

We're responsible for covering Electronics and Electronics breaks, doing safety sweeps of the floor every couple of hours, handling the Walmart Pickup service, answering any and all phone calls from customers, helping customers with questions and doing carry-outs of groceries and heavy/large items, covering breaks at the tills if needed, self-checkout if needed. We even have to cover breaks for the Line managers at the tills and Customer Service desk if they're short cashiers. We also have to go outside and bring in the carts when the inside cart corral is empty, which is several times per shift.

Add in we have to work Cosmetics freight, help unload trucks when the backroom crew is short, keep every department tidied, work featured items back to their homes, help other teams with picks, counts and audits and do modulars when departments have new lines of stock to add.

Lately, it is not uncommon that our floor team has 2 people. One covers Electronics and Photo Center and the other has to do all of the above alone. We are over-worked and the job is stressful because of it. I have to force myself to take a deep breath and not lose my cool most days as I need this job.

Yes, the entire situation sucks, but it is something the employees cannot control and we get enough abuse from customers about the long lines and everything else.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Wally World wore out thier welcome with me a while back. I shop local, my neighborhood thankfully has a small grocery and other specialty shops to get most of my needs. Or I'll trek to Jewel.
Wal Mart, while I understand it's necessity for some, is expendable for me.
I feel for those forced to rely on them only to be letdown. I'm sure not all of them are this way, but this became a sign of the times, a long time ago. Shame.

edit on 17Tue, 04 Feb 2020 17:50:27 -0600pmvAmerica/ChicagoTuesdayb20202America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: I'm still a newb sometimes.

edit on 17Tue, 04 Feb 2020 17:50:59 -0600pmvAmerica/ChicagoTuesdayb20202America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: Typo twice times

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: highvein

Maybe he was flirting?

That is a possibility. Nothing says flirting like, "Hey, are you a thief? Cause you just stole my heart."

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

Everything you just said is why I loved working night shift for Wal Mart (Canada as well). No customers to bother you, just 8 hours of "Go"

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

My point is that if your worried about the government having a scanned version of your face on file then it’s time to really freak out because guess what. . . They already do, and they didn’t need your permission.

The information is already held by those in power, you declining to use it at your bank when they roll out face scanners in 5 years isn’t going to stop them from having your face on file, they already do, that battle is lost, might as well get some convenance out of it.

Or have you been concealing your face everywhere in public for the past 30 years?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I just pick up two items and go to self checkout. Greeter person sees me and asks for my receipts.

I don’t think you understand the complexity of the issue

If I pay for something, its my property and no one has a right to accuse me of stealing. Walmart are accusing all of their customers.
Wait in a line to prove you are not a thief, a suspect in a line up.
Please line up as requested, if that suits you but

Legally, if I purchased something it is my property and legally I don’t have to prove it’s my property by showing a receipt
You want to be a sub, “submissive corporate little bitch” to any company, that’s fine, you do that.

It is a problem, bigger than you could imagine, it is eroding your rights, it’s forcing people to do something that they don’t have to do, it’s stealing by increments, stealing freedom of innocence and attributing guilt with no evidence

Yes it’s a first world problem, guilty till proven innocent, erosion of right by a greedy business

I don’t think you understand the flag in your picture, pretty isn’t it, it does represent something other than pretty though.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I abhor wal mart. It's a scary place. They have pummeled the small businesses into non existence. The people that shop there are frickin scary, freaky, and weird. Seriously, who shops in their pajamas? I go there about once a year, sneak in thru the garden area and buy my pond goldfish food only because it's way cheaper there. But it never fails, I encounter something terrifying. Wearing pajamas, half dressed, trailing toilet paper, whatever. It's always an experience I'd rather not encounter in public. Last time I went I parked next to a light pole with dirty diapers discarded on the ledge. nice.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
You are clearly be singled out and persecute I wouldn't shop there either you are clearly Target material./Sarc

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

The Flaws and Dangers of Facial Reconition

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
We started avoiding Walmart years ago.

It was less because of Walmart itself and more because we noticed that people just sort of become jerks the minute they passed into the parking lot. Seriously, sweet little old ladies would become raging d!cks over parking and space when they drove into the lot! And it gets no better with people inside.

So rather than enter the Mad Maxian world of the People of Walmart, we try to shop elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   

i dont play the papers please #, call the cops if you think im stealing bucko

then again idfw walamrt.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
automate everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join