It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I just heard from a friend that he finally made contact with his business associate in China. The man said that he has been confined to his home for over a week. He says that there are thousands dead and they have no access to food.
I did not get the name of the city where he is, but my friend says it is well south of Wuhan.

link   
Not a good day for China. Still don't believe the official numbers.

link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: DetectiveT

When I see Trump,Pompeo or Pence with a mask I might get concerned

what if they go to camp david?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Wuhan virus compared to MERS and SARS.
What can we learn from previous epidemics.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Encouraging sign: On Jan 31 the cases outside china stood at 183. Today (3 days later) they stand at 188. If this number doesn't balloon rapidly in the next few days, it's possible that we have found a good containment method.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

The official numbers out of china are wrong if for no other reason than the lack of resources to test massive quantities of people for a new virus, quickly. I expect they're actually double or triple the current numbers.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Market Summary > SSE Composite Index
SHA: 000001
2,756.42 +9.81 (0.36%)
Feb 4, 10:08 AM GMT+8 · Disclaimer

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
a reply to: ketsuko

Is it engineered to affect the genome of Chinese persons over & above the genome of persons of non-Chinese heritage? We all know that can be done, it's been possible for decades - but who the heck would have done so, unleashing something so chaotic which might evolve to affect persons of all genetic background?

Maybe something like this,

Coronavirus was Engineered

Text

If the Chinese government has been conducting human trials against SARS. MERS, or other coronviruses using recombined viruses, they may have made their citizens far more susceptible to acute respiratory distress syndrome upon infection with 2019-nCoV coronavirus.

Above is speculative of course but main article has outside links for its factual claims of lab made virus and how might work.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
So I was looking into the cases in germany and just out of curiosity I checked the google maps location where the dot on this page shows the cases happening.

According to google maps it's just trees, but the interesting part is that there is a part that is being blocked out with a bluish, translucent square on the satellite image. To me this is a little southeast of where the dot is on the ncov map, but it's an odd coincidence... Maybe there is a military base there that they don't want satellite images of and that's where these people are being treated?
edit on 3-2-2020 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: DetectiveT

When I see Trump,Pompeo or Pence with a mask I might get concerned

1. The masks dont work

2. By that time its already too late

3. its this stupid sort of thought process that leads people like you to spread this all over the place, your kind of thinking kills people
edit on 3-2-2020 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Maybe a good news.

Paper on Non-symptomatic transmission was wrong

Science mag

Twitter

edit on 3-2-2020 by Maker22 because: Added link

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Maker22

That makes sense. It's very difficult for a virus to spread from asymptomatic people. Not impossible, just not very likely. The reason for this is two fold:

1) In most cases of persons without symptoms the virus hasn't replicated enough to be systemically present in the infected person. There's simply not enough of the virus present to be a major risk of transmission.

2) Symptoms are mechanisms that typically transmit the virus. Sneezing, coughing, sweating, runny nose etc all produce contaminated bodily fluids which contain a high concentration of the virus. These fluids are expelled from the body and deposited on surfaces or directly onto people.

To expand a little bit for those who may be curious, viruses don't fly on their own. They don't float around you like a fairy aura. To transmit a virus with no symptoms would mean that it has to be on your skin and/or in your breath. IF it's on your skin you need to touch another person. The skin is your greatest defense against sicknesses, it's the biological equivalent of armor. A little virus on your skin isn't reproducing in most cases (certainly in this case). With proper hygiene a virus on your skin finds itself dead pretty quickly.

If it's in your breath you need to breathe on someone else (or a surface that they then touch and touch their face) to get them ill. For it to be in your breath you would need a high concentration of the virus in your lungs/throat/mouth and with a virus whose main complications are coughing fits and pneumonia, the idea that you could have a high concentration of it in your lungs/throat/mouth with no symptoms is pretty bizarre.
edit on 3-2-2020 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

LOL

calling a case asymptomatic without talking to the person is problematic.

Problematic. LOL. Not exactly the word I would use.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

OMG … that is a MAJOR flaw. Let us hope it can't be transmitted before symptoms!

Edited to add: they made the classic mistake of confusing signs (things others can detect) with symptoms (what the patient feels), and they assumed signs = symptoms hahaha. Well, they didn't have peer review because everyone is working really fast right now, so I will forgive. But whew … that really is some good news.
edit on 3-2-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: .

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It had been mentioned in part 1 of the thread right before it closed the idea of a book written from the perspective of a zombie without control over their bodily actions but being fully cognizant of them... "I Zombie" by Hugh Howey - good read. Sorry to digress from the thread but couldnt help myself.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Which would mean checking temps at airports is a good idea to contain the spread.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Funny thing is, you don't see the humor and sarcasm in that comment.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

OMG … that is a MAJOR flaw. Let us hope it can't be transmitted before symptoms!

It was established in the other thread last week, that it can indeed be transmitted asymptomatic, the CDC has reported the same.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: SailorJerry

Funny thing is, you don't see the humor and sarcasm in that comment.

No because i watched the poster in the other thread continue the same sort of posting, playing down the whole thing like its nothing

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

And it means that it is stoppable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join