It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sun is exploding

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The Solar minimum is upon us
with scientists determining that
the mini ice age started 2 weeks
ago:

www.express.co.uk...

But then again can we trust what comes
from the UK?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDidHappen

Our Sun "exploding" sends Earth into an Ice Age?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Not the express, its the equivalent of the weekly world news. Also when it comes to the UK, trust the Scots, Welsh, and Irish, not so much the rest to be honest

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Well, the approaching solar minimum has been known to be coming for decades now. It is cyclical.

Using "express" for a source on a scientific topic is blasphemous though.......lol.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Here is an article talking about the sunspots in more detail. It is an April 2019 wapo article

Sunspot activity

But it does say this which is interesting

“ The decline in sunspot activity through cycle 24 was worrisome to some space weather scientists in that it suggested a return to a lengthy “solar drought,” reminiscent of the Maunder Minimum period of 1645-1715. Records show the sun was essentially spotless for this lengthy period, coinciding with the “Little Ice Age” in Europe and tickling the interest of scientists to wonder whether there is a cause-and-effect relationship between solar behavior and Earth’s climate.”

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I guess I don’t have to worry about the Coronavirus now.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

How do you justify "exploding" in your title when the title of the piece is,
Weather warning: Earth could be hit by MINI ICE-AGE as Sun ‘hibernates’
edit on 3-2-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

But then again can we trust what comes
from the UK?

But we can trust what comes out of the USA.....where Holywood's constant re-writing of historical fact is swallowed en masse and the where the very notion of fake news originated?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: weemadmental

Also when it comes to the UK, trust the Scots, Welsh, and Irish, not so much the rest to be honest

Never trust those bastard English, they are responsible for most of the world's ills and all of Scotland's.

Good job I know most Scots aren't quite as bigoted as you appear to be.

Anyway, back to reading more of this doom and gloom.....its not as if I haven't read enough of it recently.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
THE SUN IS EXPLODING?

Oh my god, we'll have to wait till it's night time to go there and put it out.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Technically, in terms of the long history of the Earth, we are actually still in an overarching ice age period, known as the Quaternary glaciation, which has been going for the last 2.6 million years.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Here is a scientific source.
www.livescience.com...

A periodic solar event called a "grand minimum" could overtake the sun perhaps as soon as 2020 and lasting through 2070, resulting in diminished magnetism, infrequent sunspot production and less ultraviolet (UV) radiation reaching Earth — all bringing a cooler period to the planet that may span 50 years.

The last grand-minimum event — a disruption of the sun's 11-year cycle of variable sunspot activity — happened in the mid-17th century. Known as the Maunder Minimum, it occurred between 1645 and 1715, during a longer span of time when parts of the world became so cold that the period was called the Little Ice Age, which lasted from about 1300 to 1850.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

You know if it stopped exploding, about 8 minutes later we would all be up crap creek without a paddle.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I live in Northern Ontario Canada.
We have never seen such a warm winter.
I think we dropped to -18c one day this winter so far.
Usually its -30c by December and once mid January hits -40c, until mid or the end of Feb.
Ice age my arse!

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
good. about bloody time.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I believe the magnetic fields are in harmony storing energy, that is not being released in solar flares. I do not know what will happen once they destabilize. It could possible create a mini nova, science believes it has happened in the past from studying moon rocks. So the sun can possibly explode in a mini nova. Its also a theory of why we have come out of Ice ages very rapidly in the past.

edit on 3-2-2020 by Joeshiloh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Just what would be the consequences of a "Mini Ice Age" ?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Joeshiloh

Our Sun is not massive enough to go nova, instead, in about 5 billion years it should dramatically expand to become a red giant and will fry the Earth.

Where are you getting information that our star, could, or has in the past gone nova, mini or otherwise?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

The deserts would turn into the bread baskets for food.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

The deserts would become the world food production.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join