It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones experience and recommendation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So it's finally time for me to get a drone or two. I have been looking for a long time now but the market seems all over the place. If anyone has some experience with some drones under $200 better high quality or really good deals.

I see a ton of them that are listed at like a thousand but are selling for like $50 but I'm sure that's just a marketing tactic.

I just can't seem to pull the trigger on anything because I'm not too sure.

I'm thinking of starting with one under a hundred just to get used to it and then purchasing them much better one. If anyone could help that'd be great.

Please move if I posted this in the wrong forum.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

Hey, full-time career drone pilot here.

With that type of budget your limited.
Your going to find a bunch of fly once and garbage.

Buy this: its your absolute best option.

www.drdrone.ca...

The company is well known in the drone market. I send my industrial level drone to them for any warranty issues we have had.

Its a good introduction drone, made from quality parts, and is actually covered by a warranty. Not like the Walmart junk your going to find at that price range.

edit on 3-2-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
My company owns a drone. We are mainly interested in the quality of the image so 4k is mandatory.
We use the drone shots as a way to establish "place" in the opening sequences of our films; However those type of shots in the indy world has almost become a cliche. Everyone has a drone!

edit on 3-2-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm with Macenroe82.

What he linked looks good and is beginner friendly. The drone hobby has grown exponentially. Saying you want to buy a drone is like saying you want to buy a car.

There are sport "racing" drones. Photography drones.. smart drones.. toy drones..

What are you looking to do with this drone? Just point and click?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I suggest getting yourself something to practice on. Get yourself an inexpensive quad copter off of amazon.

Maybe a hubsan x4 like this one to learn how to actually fly one. And you won't be too upset if it gets taken away by the wind or crashes into a lake.

hubsan on Amazon.

Practice for a while and when you get the hang of it. Get yourself a nicer model.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Ummm...I've been looking at this one...the Autel Evo II

YouSir

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

That one looks good! Definitely a Mavic contender, but maybe without annoying DJI flight restrictions.

I just browsed the specs and it looks solid.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Thanks everyone. I will narrow down a purchase soon.

I plan on using my first one to get use to drones. I'll use it while fishing as a fish or spot finder. I will possibly use it to do some video taping and pictures of wedding events and football games. Im using my first one to start deciding what specifically I want to use a more expensive one to do. Also using it to get into the field and industry at some point.

part of the reason I am getting one is to find all the overall uses I can come up with.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I think this will be one of my top options. I love the Iron man armor one on sale.

I keep seeing mavic and other drones on wish under 100. That seem to sell for 400 or more elsewhere. If I narrow it down ill check back.

Do you know anything about the ones they sell through wish?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I would have to see the specific drone.
I've never used wish before.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
My production company has a small cheap drone but we usually outsource to a company that specializes in drone footage in industry standard 4k/8k I don't know the kind of drone they use but it's capable of hauling a Black Majic cine rig, batteries for the camera and a heavy lens. The images we get are butter smooth and beautiful.

We own an Inspire but it just can't handle the camera we want to use.
edit on 17-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join