It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you like sushi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Wish I were invited.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Your video is broken. Here you go.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
That looks like heaven.

I wished I was little Japanese child. Have you seen the lunchboxes they have?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: WitcheeWuman
That looks like heaven.

Love me some Bento boxes!

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Your video is broken. Here you go.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: WitcheeWuman
That looks like heaven.

I not only saw them, but the daughter ate them for 6 years. Elementary school lunches are provided, but junior and high school the parents make the bento lunches. sausage, egg, daikon, bacon, fruit and whatever after that , oh, the white rice too and many time nigiri (rice balls wrapped in seaweed)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Sure would be nice if in america both parents didn't have to work so one of them could make good meals for our kids.

But we can't. both parents have to work just to pay the bills. That means we have entire generations of kids that have no home teaching and no good home made meals.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Oh man !!!!…. I love sushi !!!!

I have no clue what they say but I wouldn't waste time talking and I'll hit those trays like those dudes never saw before.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Yes. I have seen pictures of American child lunchboxes. I would not feed to a dog!

Still, it does not take much time to make a healthy box. It not have to look good, like the Japanese ones.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Imagine opening lunchbox every day and seeing creations like these - www.ranker.com...

Making food fun to eat.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Gotta love a topic like "Oh hey, check out this awesome food!" and someone turns it political.

Incidentally, it's rather common in Japan for both parents to have jobs. It's a fundamental cultural difference between Japan and the United States, one that would be impossible to replicate here. Specifically due to the homogeneous nature of the population, which would be highly unlikely here as diversity is the name of the game these days.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Have you ever been to France? Both parents typically work, but the education system is prioritized and the lunches they serve are amazing.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I am not a sushi fan. I love pickled, smoked, and salt fish though. I May be 1.7% inuit but still do not care for fish that is completely raw. You must have to be five percent or more Eskimo to like raw fish.

The my Heritage ancestral evaluation appears to be more accurate than the Ancestry site estimates, but it is how you look at things that is important. A couple of percent of Finns share some genetic traits with the Eskimo and inuit people, but we could have just evolved the same to process fats to fuel the body better. The traits I share with Asians are actually related to excreting more salt from the body. That trait goes back for fifty thousand years, so I do share some genetic traits coming from a common ancestor with some Asians.

But I hate Sushi, I would rather eat cooked fish. When I was about nineteen I swallowed a live smelt whole instead of doing the first person who gets a smelt out of the creek has to bite the head off. We were drinking and smelting in the creek that night. When that smelt hit my stomach acid...did it jump around. I will never do that again. I tried raw live oysters one time and they also jump around in your stomach when you eat them...I only did that once, never again either.

Maybe that is why I don't like eating raw fish.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Sounds nice. America doesn't prioritize education.

In france do both parents typically work 8 hours a day 5 days a week?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Sure would be nice if in america both parents didn't have to work so one of them could make good meals for our kids.

But we can't. both parents have to work just to pay the bills. That means we have entire generations of kids that have no home teaching and no good home made meals.

Both parents don't have to work. It's a choice. Just like it was a choice in the 1950's.
It is just that now a lot of people want stuff that people didn't have/want back then.

People did not eat out
They did not buy clothing like we do
They did not spend the money on entertainment like we do (cell phones, cable, internet, etc)
Their houses were often 600-1200 sq feet compared to houses 2/3/4/5 times that size today.
They did not use air conditioning and heat like we do, if they even had it.
Clothing was never dried in a dryer but hung on a line, even in winter!

Pretty much every single luxury we "have to have" today is why it is perceived that everyone has to work.
Yes I get housing/cars are more expensive now, but again, you can get a nice but plain car that works fine for cheap, same with a house.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Not typically, no. France has a shorter work week on average.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yes. This. People see luxuries as necessities and that's often why working families are broke or have no savings.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

In most cases both do not have to work to live. Sometimes there is no choice, sometimes the cost of living now is way more than one person can afford. Rent, utilities, and healthcare costs for those without healthcare provided by the employer can make it so they need to both work. Even the raising deductibles and out of pocket expenses of healthcare cause financial hardship.

But you are right, one person with a decent job is still enough to support the family. But the person at home has to be preparing meals and doing chores so they are not continuously buying prepared foods where the cost includes labor charges of the people making the food. That person at home can often grow some veggies too, to help reduce the cost of foods. A little garden and some large flower pots with veggies in them can help to provide food, but not if you are buying expensive soils and plant chemicals to treat them with. I put some maple leaves mixed with soil around here to put in the pots and it works well. You do not want oak leaves or leaves from trees that kill vegetation like the leaves of chestnut trees though.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Ummm...oh man...I could live on Sashimi and Sushi...and when they're combined as well...

Pickled daikon...is the bomb...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i can go through sushi like a walrus.

which, coincidentally, is how i look.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join