It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Fantasy 7 remake is going to be huge!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

my cynical opinion :

it will be an insipid triumph of style over substance - wuith minimal new content - no new ideas or imagination - just the benefits of newer hardware and computing power - all glitz - no substance

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Hell it could be a word for word, event by event, exact copy of the original and I will buy it.

I just found out the damn game is a PS4 exclusive.
Guess what?
Daddy doesn't own a Playstation.
I only got the Xbox one X

But, once that SOB hits the shelves,
I'll be buying that damn machine.

Might even pick up the VR set up too.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Looks like I’m about to have hella free time...

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

It's a button masher

Oozing of nostalgia and impressive graphics...that's where my praise ends thus far.

edit on 10-4-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DietWoke

Really!?!

Is it RTS?
Can you change it to turn based modE!
edit on 10-4-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I haven't found it yet. Granted, I just started playing it.

I found the 'story only' mode though
for those who want that pesky gameplay stuff out of their video game

Edit: It does appear to be turn-based when you open a command menu. I dunno. I've just never liked mashy RPGs. Make it an action/arcade game or RPG...not both!

Having said that, I think a lot of people will be pleased with this game. I am holding it up to the games I grew up with, and the fact is games are made very different now.

edit on 10-4-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

wha?

they claimed classic mode.

ohhh

still a lil gay
edit on 10-4-2020 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

wha?

they claimed classic mode.

ohhh

still a lil gay

Maybe it's there somewhere that I'm not finding. I'm not finding the gameplay fun though.

It's just my own marginal opinion.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

That's what I anticipated, my wife's copy arrived yesterday. Luckily she's playing Animal Crossing, leaving me time to play Trails of Cold Steel.

I've been playing Final Fantasy games since 1990, when I beat the very first game over the course of a month (takes me about 8 hours now). I played the ones named 2 and 3 on the SNES, discovered emulation and fan translations and played the real 2 and 3, and one of my favorite entries at 5. By the time 7 and 8 hit I was a little miffed at the change in tone so much, but still enjoyable games. Finally 9 came along and I was back in nostalgia land again, one of my favorite entries in the series. 10 was good but at times confusing, 10-2 is a...guilty pleasure game. I enjoyed 12 quite a bit, although I know that one falls flat for a lot of people. Then came 13 and its sequels, I just could not get behind the games, and I hung up my Final Fantasy hat at that point.

However when Square Enix released Bravely Default, I realized they could still make Final Fantasy (the games that I remember), they just choose not to. Oh well, maybe they'll change their minds and throw in turn based combat again (probably a $30 DLC or something), or they'll keep in the direction they have been and I just won't play any of the newer games. Luckily the older ones have great replay value, and are quite enjoyable.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

5 and 9 are my favorites too

13 was the franchise killer in my opinion (though I fell out of love with FF10)

I'm of the opinion that if a movie or game is good enough to be re-made, then it definitely shouldn't be re-made.

edit on 11-4-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join