It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The big question: are we alone? And will we ever know the answer? I think so, but I think it will be more of a sober awakening, no landing of aliens, no giant spaceships suddenly appearing in the sky. This article here is quite interesting and sheds light on the probability purely scientifically. What I ask myself with all this is: How will all the big egos in the UFO community react if we discover life somewhere far out there and nobody tries to cover it up? I would bet that there will suddenly be much fewer UFO sightings and stories. And there will be no more money to be made from the subject.

Why the idea of alien life now seems inevitable and possibly imminent

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

I think a giant cloud of space alcohol could help them find comfort. If only we could send them 6500 ly away ...

The big issue concerning ET is not if they're here or not, but our imagination and phantasies. I don't think a species that's overwhelmingly superior technologically would have much patience for anal probing jokes, or people calling them Annunaki(?) or demons and all that bs.

Besides the issue with xenophobia, that's a very deeply rooted survival instinct, even if they'd be super peaceful some of us would for sure freak out and shoot just because they've never seen something like it.

It wouldn't have much influence on the UFO commercial community, they're already shifting towards black projects, secret govs & societies are already part of the lore.
And that could eventually turn into a real problem humans vs humans because each side thinks the other one are aliens.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
How will all the big egos in the UFO community react if we discover life somewhere far out there and nobody tries to cover it up?

But nobody in any community (aside from a few religious ones), scientific or otherwise, does dispute that there is life far out there. That is not a notion that needs a cover-up.

I think you mean if such life is visiting HERE.

That is where the Big Money is in UFOtainment. And if one day it is finally proven beyond doubt, quite a few UFO salesmen will be out of a job, without a mystery to sell to the masses.

edit on 31-1-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The big question: are we alone?

For me the question has already been answered.

The burden of proof is on the government. They are the ones trying to sell us a story. That story is that NO UFO’S ARE ALIEN.

That story should have already been very easy to prove beyond any doubt.

In the 40’s, 50’s, 60’s and 70’s all we needed was a saucer.

They had 40 years to provide us with one that everyone could walk up too and touch at your nearest airshow. That’s 40 years and they could not do it.

Another 40 years later and not only have they still have not done it, they cannot even give us a triangle.

Not one triangle in a museum.

Not one saucer in a museum.

And now there are people holding out hope for a Tic Tac they can touch.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

They had 40 years to provide us with one that everyone could walk up too and touch at your nearest airshow.

So just because they don't want to stroke our ego and show you what they know or possibly have, that immediately makes the subject bunk?

Sure. Let's just ignore all the inconvenient evidence that doesn't support your viewpoint.

That's the same as being an all out believer and thinking a balloon might contain an alien being from another planet.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

For me the question has already been answered.

The burden of proof is on the government. They are the ones trying to sell us a story. That story is that NO UFO’S ARE ALIEN.

That story should have already been very easy to prove beyond any doubt.

In the 40’s, 50’s, 60’s and 70’s all we needed was a saucer.

They had 40 years to provide us with one that everyone could walk up too and touch at your nearest airshow. That’s 40 years and they could not do it.

Another 40 years later and not only have they still have not done it, they cannot even give us a triangle.

Not one triangle in a museum.

Not one saucer in a museum.

And now there are people holding out hope for a Tic Tac they can touch.

The government created 'alien' #e, denied aliens are true, and then, they showed us ridiculous things, that nobody would ever believe was really found in Roswell.

And that must mean the government is 'hiding' the truth about 'aliens' from us, because nothing else could possibly explain it!!

We demand 'disclosure' of aliens, from the government, who has hidden it for all these years!! We deserve the 'truth' to be told, surely!

The truth is that they created this whole ruse, and you've been played all along the way, sorry to say.

This 'disclosure' idea is pure nonsense, aliens are nonsense, and all the rest is nonsense, too.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I'm not a religious person, besides believing in some form of afterlife, whatever that would be. But, I have a feeling these aliens are what most civilizations/religions described as beings not of this world. Obviously, aliens are 'not of this world', but my gut tells me these are the same interdimensional or ''demonic'' type beings our ancestors encountered aswell. We just gave them a different label.

I'm sure we are not alone in this universe, I just don't think aliens are visiting us. If they have the technology to do so, they would also be more than capable in keeping themself hidden. Which, apparently, they are not really adept in. Not to mention the constant trolling. What's up with that? It's like the alien's 4chan got spaceships, formed a league and started trolling other worlds, just for lols...

top topics

join