It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daniel K. Inouye Solar Telescope's Hi Res new view of the Sun.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The Sun is made of grilled cheese, likely Mozzarella!
I don't have a decent explanation of the picture as yet since the picture is new..at least from Space.com that is, coincidentally since I just happened to have a thread based on Space.com earlier, while this I came across from Youtube, where there are other examples of the same video.

It makes sense though, the Moon is made of cheese..in cold storage, in part I suppose...Innit?
Thing is, the sun looks nothing like the images we have become used to..Oh well, Phage the NASA sage might pop in to triangulate.

edit on 29-1-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy Nobody makes a grilled cheese with mozzarella. That's just crazy talk.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucky109
a reply to: smurfy Nobody makes a grilled cheese with mozzarella. That's just crazy talk.

I know I know, I was just trying to please a few Italian friends...I really prefer cheddar, although Mozzy is good in a Pizza.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Looks like molten pure gold! Maybe thats why gold is worshipped, its really tiny bits of hardened "sun stuff!"

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucky109

I dunno that sounds good: toasted foccacia, lil estate olive oil, big schmear of pesto, meted mozz and a nice slice of garden fresh tomato?

mmmm

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Yeh it really does look like molten gold !

amazing how we can continue to map the sun like this

getting more and more detail

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Great pictures of the strange beast , I agree with some of the YT posters who say it looks like a close up of Human skin .... we are stardust.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

it's quite mind blowing to think that the atoms that make up our bodies existed 13.7 billion years ago
and have been cooked up by the stars that literally gave us life

that is just so amazing

and evidence that we are all one

and technically we are all 13.7 billion years old
edit on 30-1-2020 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
He must have took these videos at night otherwise it'd be too bright to even watch.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Looks like molten pure gold! Maybe thats why gold is worshipped, its really tiny bits of hardened "sun stuff!"

Not far from the truth....gold is formed in stars.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Great pictures of the strange beast , I agree with some of the YT posters who say it looks like a close up of Human skin .... we are stardust.

Right on !

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Shades of Crosby, Stills and Nash...Woodstock!

'We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion year old carbon,
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.'

Those were the days.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

All we are is dust in the wind

The article I read said that in 5 years I. Solar Telescope will amass the same amount of data we have on the sun since Galileo pointed a telescope at it!

Then add in the Parker Solar Probe which has just done another lap around the sun.

A "golden era" of solar astronomy!!

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

All we are is dust in the wind

The article I read said that in 5 years I. Solar Telescope will amass the same amount of data we have on the sun since Galileo pointed a telescope at it!

Then add in the Parker Solar Probe which has just done another lap around the sun.

A "golden era" of solar astronomy!!

To be sure,
And it seems to me we should be asking ourselves, perhaps at this stage, is that aspect of what we call reality when we have come thus far.
In saying that, it is fairly clear that...I'm not quite sure how to put this, but put it this way, reality is a concept, you could even say a fad word, that changes from day to day, regardless of what may have been seen as a truth moments ago.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Truth is weirdness. Weirdness is truth!

Hmmmm, might be a new “golden” age for some new metaphors and proclamations!

Where did I leave my mustard seeds...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Just thought I'd add some still shots to the thread.

(This photo shows the sunspot group before a flare explosion.)

(This zoomed-in image shows how the Sun’s magnetic field shapes hot coronal plasma. Credit: NASA/LMSAL/SAO)

(World-class instruments combine for a new era of solar astronomy. Credit: NSF)

(Inouye Solar Telescope can image a region of the Sun 38,000 km (23,600 mi) wide. Credit: NSO/AURA/NSF)

The Inouye Solar Telescope is part of a trio of instruments that are poised to revolutionize solar astronomy in the coming years. It is joined by NASA’s Parker Solar Probe (which is currently orbiting the Sun) and the ESA/NASA Solar Orbiter (which is soon to be launched).

Universe Today

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LtFluffyCakes96

Thanks for that extensive work,

Much appreciated.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Looks like a fractal. Really neat.

new topics

top topics

join