It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google actively propagandizing Wu-Flu through search result manipulation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Yup, our best friends at Google are once again weaponizing search results for who knows what purpose.

and the same search at Bing...

Now why would Google be doing that? Are they trying to influence a certain perspective? I'm sure Google is doing this for the good of the people, "Don't be evil" after all..

Don't believe me? Find out for yourself.
edit on 29-1-2020 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I searched exactly what you did on chrome, and these were my top results:

www.nytimes.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.marketwatch.com...

I guess their data mining on me thinks the world is gonna end?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

they want you freaking out... it's a test

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Because topicality is a big part of their business model and their algorithm.
Bing is just a garage company in comparison that doesn't bother with it.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Microsoft owns and operates Bing...

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Just imagine the sterilized nonsense Google yields if someone in mainland China googles "Wuhan virus." Google is THE biggest threat to informational freedom and the exchange of information.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

It’s almost like you’re say that not everything you see on the internet is real.
Hard to believe that a company that exists to sort and prioritizes information would.....bwhahahaha..
I couldn’t even finish typing that one.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

And for visual impact. The same search on DDG.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

They offer more information then every library that ever existed ... It's not googles fault people don't know how to use the internet or use it's algorithms.

Using google isn't hard if you live in any first world nation, you just need to be specific in your wording.
OP could have easily searched "Common cold symptoms".

And branched off from there, instead focused on one particular location on the globe. It's called the 'common cold' for a reason. To be honest, the real conspiracy in all this is why everyone is freaking out about a new strain of the cold virus that is mainly contained within' China's borders...

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: burdman30ott6

They offer more information then every library that ever existed ... It's not googles fault people don't know how to use the internet or use it's algorithms.

theintercept.com...

GOOGLE IS PLANNING to launch a censored version of its search engine in China that will blacklist websites and search terms about human rights, democracy, religion, and peaceful protest, The Intercept can reveal.

The project – code-named Dragonfly – has been underway since spring of last year, and accelerated following a December 2017 meeting between Google’s CEO Sundar Pichai and a top Chinese government official, according to internal Google documents and people familiar with the plans.

Google doesn't
ffer" anything, the actual internet does that. All Google does is seize profits and bend to whatever fascist regime they need to genuflect before in order to get a few extra billions by serving as a gatekeeper to countries like China that demand not only censorship but total oversight over every shred of information their citizens access.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Just imagine the sterilized nonsense Google yields if someone in mainland China googles "Wuhan virus." Google is THE biggest threat to informational freedom and the exchange of information.

Wouldn't doubt it.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

OPs search is fine, I don't need to submit a SELECT query on Google, I asked a simple question and the question yield the correct results on 1 search engine and a very different result on another

in fact, it could be seen as working as intended by the right group

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I got more or less the same results as OP. I rarely use google. Results will vary a slight bit because of the search histories, but I see what you mean OP. I used the exact same search terms as OP. He did nothing incorrectly here. His comparison is valid.
edit on 1/29/2020 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

It’s almost like you’re say that not everything you see on the internet is real.
Hard to believe that a company that exists to sort and prioritizes information would.....bwhahahaha..
I couldn’t even finish typing that one.

yup... they are trying to control us through our information stream... that's obvious to almost everyone by now I'm sure

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

And for visual impact. The same search on DDG.

not even surprised... it's pretty obvious what Googles doing..

here's the important questions... why are they doing it and who does it benefit?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Coronavirus - Inside info and discussion

This is a good presentation on the cultural norms in China. Journalist and people who talk about sensitive subjects are punished. It is the role of government to talk about these issues. Saving face and the blame game is also a big part of what goes on.

There is a tradition in China than when a large scale natural disaster happens, it is time to change government. The current government covering up the issues around the virus is about protecting their power.

Google and other big tech companies have been working with China for a long time and have a strong capability in censorship.

As this virus spreads out of China, a clearer picture will develop.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I got more or less the same results as OP. I rarely use google. Results will vary a slight bit because of the search histories, but I see what you mean OP. I used the exact same search terms as OP. He did nothing incorrectly here.

see the question in my mind for the last few years has always been, "what's real anymore?"

so, what's real here?

WHY are they doing this and who's benefiting?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

here's the important questions... why are they doing it and who does it benefit?

The more people are worried, the more they'll search.

Wonder if the ads match up with masks and what not.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

There is a tradition in China than when a large scale natural disaster happens, it is time to change government. The current government covering up the issues around the virus is about protecting their power.

Google and other big tech companies have been working with China for a long time and have a strong capability in censorship.

sooo... if it benefits China to cover-up the situation... and China is working with Google...

than why is Google showing the Corona virus results on it's front page rather than showing the common cold?

if Google was covering up for China they would show the same results as the other search engines... so who's covering for who here?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The more people are worried, the more they'll search.

Wonder if the ads match up with masks and what not.

interesting..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join