It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking Your Thoughts on Jesus

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Theophilus means 'lover of God'. Thus most excellent lover of GOD. Yes it may be Mary,

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
a reply to: chr0naut

I don't care what you think. Your religious delusions mean nothing to me. I answered OP's question. That you don't agree with me is completely irrelevant. I do not accept either you or Aragon as an authorities on the subject and I certainly will not engage on a sentence-by-sentence argument, which is just stupid and not worth it. You are just "believers" who have no objectivity on the matter. You may as well be Muslims or Mormons. There is no real difference.

I don't believe that I answered your question with reference to anything supernatural.

While I acknowledge that I have religious beliefs and they do shape my views, it would be pointless for me to debate with someone of different beliefs, on that basis.

I was hoping to use the common ground of a few historically attestable facts and reasoning.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
As the title says, I'm looking for your interpretations of who Jesus Christ is. I believe that there are varying views. Some believe Jesus is the Son of God, whereas others believe he is God manifest in the flesh. Others believe in the Trinity. Which to me, sounds like a mixture of the two, in essence. I've been contemplating these questions for awhile now.

- Are God and Jesus the same entity?
- Is Jesus the Son of God (and thus separate)?
- What is the Trinity?
- Has Jesus always existed or did he only come around for the NT? If yes, where was he before that?

Thank you.

- Jesus and the Father are one: They share the same name. In Greek, the nomos, in Hebrew Ha Shem. I understand it as two individuals sharing the same essence, as a father and son might share similar personality traits and genetics.

- Jesus the man is the Son of God, but He is also YHWH Elohim: Again, this goes back to Jesus and Father being one. YHWH Elohenu, YHWH echad: Lord is God, Lord is One.

- The Trinity is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in One. Think of a Bose-Einstein Condensate: Superposition. Its cool in Quantum Mechanics, but for some reason Christians are called hypocrites for believing that God is one and three at the same time.

- Jesus was YHWH Elohim before his hypostatic birth, then He was known as Jesus (YeHoshua' meaning God Saves) in His human incarnation. He is the Alpha and Omega state: The God who became man.

Thanks for asking.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

I don't care what you think. Your religious delusions mean nothing to me. I answered OP's question. That you don't agree with me is completely irrelevant. I do not accept either you or Aragon as an authorities on the subject and I certainly will not engage on a sentence-by-sentence argument, which is just stupid and not worth it. You are just "believers" who have no objectivity on the matter. You may as well be Muslims or Mormons. There is no real difference.

you don't need to be an authority on the subject to read it for yourself...

And what exactly does "believers without objectivity" mean anyways?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: chr0naut

Jesus was a charismatic guy with a message. That's it.

Then what's all the fuss? If such was the case, He can't forgive or save us so we're just doomed sinners.

Why are we doomed? Why do we need "saving" or "forgiveness"? Those are accoutrements of the subsequent religion that arose after his death. Obviously, he inspired people. No doubt about that. But he was just a guy, a charismatic guy with a message.

And, what was the message that Jesus was pronouncing?

Wasn't His message along the lines of: "God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life" and He clarified it with; "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God", "The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life" and "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me".

It's no good saying Jesus was a guy with a message if you don't want to hear him out. The message is important.

What does the message say though...in real terms?
What does it mean to you....in your owns words?

What is the message?

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Mythology is a curious thing. For centuries, the world thought that the beautiful city by the sea with women blessed by the gods, where sex was available as a spa service to rejuvenate the body and mind. Menus for twosomes, threesomes and moresomes in sundrenched rooms, food, wine...the Club Med of its time. It appeared on maps, in journals but since no one saw this place for centuries after it was covered, this city was relegated to nothing more then a myth. What city: Pompeii

edit on 2/9/2020 by BlissSeeker because: restructure

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: iPray2Allah The Church doesn't want to admit he got married and had a family. Likely sailed to France.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlissSeeker
a reply to: iPray2Allah The Church doesn't want to admit he got married and had a family. Likely sailed to France.

Maybe in a Dan Brown novel.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join