It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage says Goodbye to the EU Parliament

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Astounding!!

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Like most of you I voted OUT but was and remain borderline in my reason's with some worry that just maybe I was wrong to do so as we can now not push for reform of that broken system that has ended up in charge of Europe - and it is definitely un democratic and at the behest of the wealthy people who pull the Troika's string's and own the European parliament in all but name.

Now we have some work to do if we are going to make this work, Scotland WE NEED though there are many ignorant sod's that think we don't need them and that is something that enemy's of the union (UK not EU) will try to exploit and Idiots in charge run the risk of playing into there hand's.

Fisheries, most of our good fishing ground's are in Scot's waters except for a lot of our shellfish areas which are down south with Europe being the single largest market for that particular harvest of the sea.

The EU may think they can use our fishing ground's and indeed a very great many EU fishermen have come to rely upon access to our fish stock's for there own livelihoods and will happily poach our waters BUT it get's worse than that, WE have currently a weak navy - weaker than at any time in our history since before henry the eight perhaps and the French have already shown - even while we were still in the EU that they are not frightened of using THERE navy to back up there fishermen in disputed waters - even if those waters are in areas that are otherwise regarded as OUR's.

But it is not only arguments with our gallic cousin's over fishing rights as we have on occasion had the same argument with fishing boats from other European nation's due mainly to our rights in much of the North Sea.

Now the EU will be making back door negotiations and the SNP are likely to use there fishing ground's as collateral as a mean's to break up the UK and isolate England.

Personally my problem with the EU was it's porous borders, the number of non EU migrant's being allowed to flood into the block and essentially ethnically displace the indigenous European people's from there own ancestral land's (it is a slow process but now likely unstoppable and we may be one of the last generations in which native European's are still in the majority due to the gross difference in birth rates between native European's and migrant's from elsewhere.) and also the fact that I believed the EU was undemocratic, however I still hold that other than the problem with migration the EU's court's of justice were an essential mechanism and we have essentially given the undeniably equally corrupt public school tie bum boy old boy network back the reign's of power of life and death over our people, this was not my intent as I have pointed out in voting out as mine was more of a protest vote against an EU that in my opinion had gone off the rail's and grown increasingly insane and unjust toward it's own native people's and was run and owned heart and soul by a tiny elite - though so is our nation of course but at least they used to be Our's - (not any more though as mostly these day's though they bank roll the Tory's and are not even British.).

I think that we have not cured our migration problem either, the Tory's of this generation have not shown any care or intention to benefit the future of our NATION only of THERE NATION which in there parlance mean's themselves and I will illustrate my point, in the past members of parliament on all sides agreed that our Children were OUR FUTURE and so the well being of those kid's was a priority, everything from well funded school's to child allowance ensured that OUR people were being born to fill the need's of OUR Nation (this began to change in the 80's under Thatcher whose priority was to restore the Victorian class system of master servant) but even though we have come out of the EU we still have people saying we need this skilled foreigner and that skilled foreigner - now I am not racist but our leaders if they are genuinely for our people need to show it and get there bloody priority's in order, stop killing our people with poverty, start subsidising our industry and get rid of the frankly ridiculous TORY notion that everything need's to be privatised AND the equally ridiculous Labour nation that everything should be Devolved because we NEED our core industry's for national security (Johnson just sold off Chobham to the Yank's showing he is at least as much of a prat as Cameron was if not worse - we already shared our defence tech with the Yank's but now we don't even own it any more and it will cost us more since we will now have to pay them for the right's to use our own armour technology's - gag sooth I ask you how did we end up with idiot's like those in charge).

I think it may still turn very sour for you all AND for the EU as well by the way since there is coming a time when they will genuinely NEED us but have played there part in our downfall and as such we will not be there for them in that coming time.

Now it is not how a man fall's that defines him but how he gets' back up, lets' see if this tired old nation of ours full of jaded self righteous couch potatoes can actually get off it's arse and reclaim it's place in the world because I for one and not convinced we can anymore, I blame the politician's but the media is at least equally to blame for the dumbing down and brainwashing of our nation into the sheep they have become.

All I can say is we need cooperation but on Equal term's and the EU was not on equal term's it was corrupt up to the eyeball's and serves only the hidden elite whom will happily cannibalize there own people's for there own globalist agenda, displace the native people's and cultures of Europe in order to position themselves as a ruling entity in a future one world government of which they definitely DO dream, the truth is the EU has a monstrous worm in it's bowls eating it from within but sadly our own nation has it's own internal corrupt cliques as well.

You know something though while we are on the subject of corrupt UK government why has no one had the ball's to bring up this story on UK political thread's.
www.disabilitynewsservice.com...
edit on 29-1-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

You know something though while we are on the subject of corrupt UK government why has no one had the ball's to bring up this story on UK political thread's.
www.disabilitynewsservice.com...

I only just read about that earlier.

We need a new bill of rights, I remember Cameron asking the Queen for permission and it being part of her speech as she opened parliament or swore it in. The government needs to be held accountable for stuff like this because since Tory austerity measures the number of cases like that has risen. When I was younger most people who were homeless were doing it due to choice...

I voted to leave but that is one aspect of our laws and rights we are lacking in, there's a reason this government has been took to the European court of human rights and say what you will about the EU but that court has served British people well... Well, better than our government has.

So we need to sort that out. Kids shouldn't be going hungry and living in rags, working people shouldn't be in poverty, the disabled shouldn't be starving to death, the elderly shouldn't be freezing to death, food banks shouldn't exist, subsidised private housing (that costs tax payers much more) shouldn't exist, housing waits shouldn't be years... God, I really could go on.

I just can't believe this has taken so long. But I'm somewhat optimistic, hopefully we'll have a greater Britain. One with greater accountability, greater opportunities and greater rights and protections.

Because that's what we Islanders have fought for for 100's if not 1000's of years. I reckon there's always a Wat Tyler in the waiting somewhere and you know what? People tend to follow "him" yet at the same time I look at the state of the UK and think maybe we don't have the fight in us. People do want change though.

Again, we've got opportunity here and I don't want to see Britain first... I want to see British first.

P.S
You should ask the Icelandic how friendly we are when it comes to fishing rights. Blame the government not the foreigners, money is money and most of us won't pass up an opportunity, especially if it's seen as lawful.
edit on 30-1-2020 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Absolutely agree.

The Cod wars, interesting subject I was a wee nipper back then and yes it was a tale with two sides and Iceland was probably in the right as we were over fishing 'there' waters at the time but it was a traditional fishing ground that the British and other northern European's had exploited for at least decades if not century's until it got out of hand, the biggest danger these day's is the large factory trawlers that can decimate a fishery in a very short space of time were back then the boats that did the fishing were much smaller and had far less of an impact than the modern factory ship's such as the EU super trawlers that have rightly riled up our own fishermen whom mostly still operate smaller boats.

edit on 30-1-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
shame the coffee thrown over him wasn't something stronger, a man I could never tire of punching for stirring up the uneducated in our society to vote to ruin the country.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: gsxr34
shame the coffee thrown over him wasn't something stronger, a man I could never tire of punching for stirring up the uneducated in our society to vote to ruin the country.

I think the "uneducated" are those who didn't vote remain when they had the chance then spent 3 years complaining about the result.

We can be friends and partners with Europe without being controlled by the European Parliament.

Brave people fought and died for our Independence tomorrow we start to regain what they won.

RiP Wing Cdr Paul Farnes , one of those brave people who died today aged 101.

Paying tribute, it described him as a "distinguished man - who was generous with his time in support of the trust".

His battle victories made Wing Cdr Farnes an ace, a term taken to mean any fighter pilot credited with shooting down five or more enemy aircraft.

His tally was six enemy aircraft destroyed, one probably destroyed and six damaged, the trust said.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I've got a lot of respect for Nigel but some of his antics in the EU Parliament have been frankly childish, not just this one.

It's like the outspoken kid in class having a go at the teacher.

Sad reflection of the times we live in - no respect!

I like what he's done but he could have been more mature.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
I've got a lot of respect for Nigel but some of his antics in the EU Parliament have been frankly childish, not just this one.

Hardly...... surely it is debating among equals No one should be in

a senior or superior position. That was one of the problems of the EU

unelected officialdom.

It is sad but it is well to remember RESPECT works both ways and Barnier

et al are set to screw the UK any which way they can, no respect there then!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

I like what he's done but he could have been more mature.

No respect for the EU - or their advocates.
That is how it should (and needs) to be.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I didn't think this day would come but 11pm the action we the people decided on finally becomes reality.

Happy Brexit Day !!!

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Fantastic scenes in London...

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
I understand that babies were born nine months after VE day.
Somehow I can't imagine Brexit day meeting that level of enthusiasm.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Now the EU has fired an unofficial shot across the bow as Donald Tusk the former head of the EU has said that sympathy for an independent Scotland re-joining the EU is high (of course it is they want to keep the fisheries and that would not serve the Scot's fishermen any good at all).

Expect this to cause further friction between Westminster and Hollyrood, the EU can NOT afford Brexit to be a success as if it is then it shall encourage other west European nations to break away from the block in there own exit's so they shall now seek mean's to scupper the UK's trade deal's with other nation's or else tie the UK to themselves by forcing us to adopt EU standards, It would be interesting to see how this turn's out but I dearly hope it turn's out for the best for the future generation whom are the one's that will have to inherit this mess (the EU was an awful mess - founded with good intentions though but gone awry - but the UK still has to extricate itself in everything but name and we do still need a close relationship with the EU just not the excess baggage that come's with that).

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: UKTruth
I understand that babies were born nine months after VE day.

Contraception sucked in 1945......

Somehow I can't imagine Brexit day meeting that level of enthusiasm.

It feels like VE day ........ much enthusiasm .....better contraception !!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join