It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2020

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Japan 6.6

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Just had a choppy shaker here in Los Angeles. 3.7 centered right between Culver City and Inglewood. Pretty sure everyone in the LA basin felt that one. About five miles away from where I’m at.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
So a 6.5 in Nevada and no one says anything. Usually you folks are all over this. Just curious.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: pugsrpugs
So a 6.5 in Nevada and no one says anything. Usually you folks are all over this. Just curious.

Any casualties? We can add them to the coronavirus numbers.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: pugsrpugs

I too find this strange. Quite a swarm as I see it on Google Earth with the usgs overlay... not a peep about it anywhere yet... very strange...

6.5 near Tonopah, NV

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sahasrara
a reply to: pugsrpugs

I too find this strange. Quite a swarm as I see it on Google Earth with the usgs overlay... not a peep about it anywhere yet... very strange...

6.5 near Tonopah, NV

Not to far from that big Nevada quake, was a swarm in California near Mono lake started by a 5.2 EQ in April.

More Than 120 Earthquakes Rattle Mammoth Lakes Area In California’s Long Valley Caldera With Largest Measuring M5.2

A series of earthquakes is currently rattling the Mammoth Lakes area of eastern California. The seismic activity began at 7:36 a.m. with a M5.2 temblor, which was felt in parts of the Central Valley and into the San Francisco Bay Area. That quake was centered near Mono Lake and the historic ghost town of Bodie (18 miles SSE) and hit at a depth of about 6.3 mile

The aftershocks for the Nevada quake are drifting in the direction of Mono lake.
edit on 15-5-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

The recent Nevada quake and the China Like quakes seem to have Mono lake in their cross hairs.
Fingers of aftershocks from both areas are creeping towards the Mono Lake region.

link

The Mono Craters volcanic area is ranked among the nation's high threat volcanoes. Recent eruptions at Mono Craters occurred about 600 years ago at Panum Crater, and about 350 years ago on Paoha Island in the middle of Mono Lake.

Interesting considering 40 years ago today Mount St. Helens erupted.

Edit:Also an area of concern is Mammoth Lakes Area Faults and
Long Valley Caldera

Watch California
edit on 18-5-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hey all just wanted to stop in and see if there was any conversation about the swarming events around the globe. I sense something big in the air.... wake up quake watchers !

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ
Hello MamaJ! Nice to see the thread still lives, thanks to DTOM. I don't see any particularly notable activity around the globe, but maybe I am a bit out of touch!

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
There have been quakes at Yellowstone, but I doubt they are out of the ordinary, as there's often quakes there.

www.insider.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Not often I get to report an EQ in my home town. But Sacramento Northern California, dead center of Central Valley had a 2.2 Earthquake on Sunday.
M 2.2 - 2km SSW of Rosemont, CA

2020-05-30 11:51:56 (UTC)38.539°N 121.374°W31.5 km depth

Bizarre location. I know they have gravel pits in that area. But I don’t known how deep they go, 20 miles deep?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
M 5.5 - 17km S of Searles Valley, CA
Shallow Quake in the same Ridgecrest area quakes from last year.

2020-06-04 01:32:11 (UTC)35.617°N 117.428°W
6.9 km depth

fore shock or aftershock?
edit on 3-6-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

That is hard to tell by the event itself.

After shocks can go a year if strong enough. But if it is a different part of the fault then it is a new quake.

So keep an eye on the area and we shall see the answer to your question!

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Walker Lane has been very active. That’s a lot of activity in ones years time from Ridgecrest, Coso, Long Valley Caldera, Mono lake and that last big one in Nevada.

Also Smaller earthquakes are making a line from Mono lake towards Lake Tahoe, Mount Lassen, up to Mt. Shasta

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   
A couple big ones
M 6.4 - 134 km NNE of Tobelo, Indonesia

2020-06-04 08:49:39 (UTC)2.923°N 128.248°E
106.9 km depth

M 6.8 - 48 km SSW of San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

2020-06-03 07:35:34 (UTC)23.296°S 68.422°W
96.8 km depth

(Reuters) - A magnitude 6.8 earthquake struck Chile´s mineral-rich northern desert early on Wednesday, monitoring groups confirmed, though damage was minimal and mining companies told Reuters their operations had not been affected.

Wednesday´s tremor struck at a depth of 145 km (90 miles), the German Research Center for Geosciences said, and its epicenter was about 62 km southwest of San Pedro de Atacama, close to several large lithium and copper mines, including Codelco's sprawling Chuquicamata and Ministro Hales deposits.

edit on 4-6-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Are there being a lot of earthquakes today? So many between magnitude 4 and 7 all over the world. In India, it’s Gujarat, Jammu and Assam in a day. Came here for info but what happened guys? Puterman and Mama J aren’t regular here? I used to follow this thread a lot at one time.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovemyworld
Are there being a lot of earthquakes today? So many between magnitude 4 and 7 all over the world. In India, it’s Gujarat, Jammu and Assam in a day. Came here for info but what happened guys? Puterman and Mama J aren’t regular here? I used to follow this thread a lot at one time.
Yea me too. We even had one here locally last year. I suppose these earth quakes are just mother nature adjusting the earth. Even maybe mending old fractures. Like breaking an egg, to make omelettes, filling in old lava tubes making the crust stronger. Did you know the lower you go, the walls of those voids are actually explosive if a crack forms? When I worked in a mine we got warned about that all the time. Just a little chip can let go like a bullet. Wow.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: lovemyworld

Yup, I miss all the activity on here. I don’t know much about the science of earthquakes, P waves, S waves. I liked coming here to find out more, especially now as there seems to be earthquakes in lots of interesting locations.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Please come back all. This is the time .or do you have your own channels Puterman?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Mag 7.3 in Oaxaca, Mexico 15:29 UTC. On land.
edit on 23/6/2020 by PuterMan because: To add country

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join