It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your preparedness plan?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
a reply to: LordAhriman

I am not panicked yet, just prepared. The thing is if quarantine or martial law goes into effect, you may not be able to leave your house. So it is more than just the fear of catching it.

Good point. I've been under martial law, I was a kid and I remember my father taking the water from the toilet tank to boil some pasta and saved that water for reuse.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

You sound very prepared!
You don't have anything on the list for protection from other people though. With a list like that I'm assuming you've got items tucked away, maybe just don't want to put in a post. But if you don't, I could recommend a few things.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: LordAhriman

You might all be in great health but that's not going to last long if you don't have water.

And what about food? You do realize most grocery stores don't 'stock' the way they used to? (Pretty much what you see on the shelf is it).

So - you might not get sick but when the garbageman does, the bread delivery truck guy tips over, the local police fall victim to the flu - THEN WHAT?

Then what?

I admittedly don't have a water plan, but I always have enough good to last a few months. I'm a bbq enthusiast, so I have 3 meat freezers that are always full. I stock up anytime there's a good sale on something that'll go in the smoker. I'm a bargain shopper. I almost out of room for canned and boxed goods as well.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoxerBrawler

You sound very prepared!
You don't have anything on the list for protection from other people though. With a list like that I'm assuming you've got items tucked away, maybe just don't want to put in a post. But if you don't, I could recommend a few things.

Well, right now the plan is that I will be the only one to leave the house to go to the store or pharmacy if needed. Even then I would try to limit it to once or twice a month. I live in a fairly underpopulated area, so it would be safe for the kids outside.

If the need arises that we all need to go out, like I said, I have 6 tyvec suits, plenty of gloves, goggles, and N95 masks. I would also make sure that they had very limited contact with anyone.

Oh, maybe I misunderstood your post. You are talking personal protection of sorts. Yea, I have that covered. We are quite a ways out as well, so I don't think masses of people would be headed this way.

Your recommendations are always welcome!
edit on 28-1-2020 by MrRCflying because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I meant in terms of weapons. Sorry for the confusion.

Worst case scenario and things get to the point where people truly get desperate type of situation. Especially if you have all of the supplies and other don't.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BoxerBrawler

I caught your meaning after reading your post a second time.

Yes, I have a few. I don't foresee that as a problem where we live, but I have enough to defend our home if needed.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Good man!

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
I am not some survival expert, far from it in fact. I am also not panicking yet, but trying to prepare just in case. I think I have a pretty decent plan to stay safe, and keep my family safe, if this Wu Crud does become an epidemic.

Basically my plan is to shelter in place and go out as little as possible, and then only with precautions.

I started prepping back in 2014, just in case Ebola decided to explode. So I have had stuff on hand. On Sunday I decided to go through everything and see what I had, and what more I should stock up on just to be safe.

In 2014 I purchased a 1 year, one person food supply. It is all in sealed containers, and good for 30 years on the shelf. I have a family of 5, so that is not enough, but it is a start.

Food wise, I have a lot of rice, cheap, easy to make, lot's of calories. I packaged most of it in vacuum bags, but still have a 50lb bag in a container that is still good. Some canned goods, easy meats like spam and Vienna sausages. Canned chicken, beef, etc. I totaled up all the calories from everything, and it came to 1.1 million calories. Estimating we have at least another 300,000 (probably low) worth in the pantry, and what is in the freezer, I am looking at about 1.4 million calories. For 3 adults @ 2000 cal a day, and 2 kids at a little lower, I figure we will burn through about 9000 cal a day in food. That will allow us to hold up food wise for about 155 days, or about 5 months. I need to get a little more canned meats to make sure we have the protein. I can also hunt on my land if needed.

Water is no problem. We have a well that never has run dry. I have a generator to power it for an hour or so a day to fill up tubs if needed. I also have a couple of rain barrels, and with as much rain and snow as we get here, they will always be full.

I have several sources of heat, so no problem there. I might just have to go on a cutting spree to get wood if needed.

Cooking, as long as power stays on it will not be an issue. If it goes out, I can rig something up for the fireplace for small stuff, and take the duct work off the wood heater, and use the top of it as a cooking space. I have also built a couple of rocket stoves from cinder blocks, just to play with. I don't have one now, but could build one in less than an hour if needed.

I have PPE ready as well. I have 6 tyvec suits, 18 N95 masks, a P100 respirator and extra filters, tyvec booties, head covers, 50+ pairs of nitrile gloves, goggles, etc. I will be getting a fogger and some Vital Oxide. Vital Oxide is an EPA approved hospital disinfectant, safe, leaves no residue for cleanup, kills 99.999% of all bacteria and virus. If I need to go out, I will fog down before removing the PPE when I get home.

I would love to hear others plans and ideas, or anyplace my plan would be lacking.

I hope you have an Arsenal and everyone knows how to shoot and I hope you have an Egress Plan for when the Looters come for your supplies....they will come...you need an escape plan....you need to stock up another location.....you need to prepare your route to your back-up safe spot hiding weapons and other things you might need on the run....you may have to burn your main spot just enable your Family to escape safely....don't bunker down you will be easy pickings...anyone can do basic ballistics math and be patient.

I have Prepped.It is not enough.

However I also realise I might not get to my supplies...soooo...my real Survival Skill is a lack of conscience....I am mentally prepared to work with anyone or walk over anyones cold body.... If I need help and you wont share you will inevitably have to die....its going to be this way for everyone everywhere....power will come from numbers or from steadfast survival instinct and becoming a hermit-on-the-move.

The first cohesive Groups will be sending out Raiding Parties within weeks...they will travel far and wide....they will not negotiate...ya gotta have lots of friends.

edit on 28-1-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I’m hoping to be one of the first ones to go. 2000 was a bust, 2012 just made me angry, and as someone who has constantly planned on the world ending I now have no idea what to do with my life.

I’ve eaten Chinese food 4 times this past week.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I have a huge stock pile of lossless audio and high bit rate movies.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
S# happens and then we all die, regardless of exactly when & what the s# actually is. As my grandmother use to say, we're all on the Reaper's list from birth. You do not know when the schedule says to come for you, nor can you cry your way out of it, so freaking out in vain is useless.

I'm not worrying or getting paranoid. All that does is toss up a neon flashing sign that you've preemptively weakened your immune system, so hey viruses, come on in! Hyperventilating dorks will kill themselves off first that way, you watch.

Hubs already had a doozy of a lengthy cold earlier this month, and now kids in the neighborhood are passing one around currently, one of my kids caught it & passed it on to me, we've both been snoozing most of the day & evening.
Nobody's laid up in an ICU unit or remotely close to needing to go to a hospital. I see nothing to panic over.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join