It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the coronavirus novel?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

It was bio-engineered, weaponized.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

It’s not weaponized, that’s ridiculous. It could have come from a lab but there would be markers identifying that, it’s just one of those cross species jumps we see in unsanitary environments with multiple species in close proximity to one another. It fits a classic example of a disease coming out of an environment with the potential to cause an outbreak, epidemic or pandemic.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc

It’s not weaponized, that’s ridiculous. It could have come from a lab but there would be markers identifying that, it’s just one of those cross species jumps we see in unsanitary environments with multiple species in close proximity to one another. It fits a classic example of a disease coming out of an environment with the potential to cause an outbreak, epidemic or pandemic.

I read it's weaponized. It came out of a biowarfare lab near the index case.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

It is my personal speculation that the coronavirus was no accident of nature. I think it was genetically engineered...by either us or China. Of course, I have no proof. Just opinion.

Back in the mid-80's I got very sick and the lymph nodes in my neck swelled up like softballs. I was diagnosed with Taiwan Flu. A few years later, I was at a special government school for gifted students when I came down sick again. This time, I got a hot, red, itchy rash that looked almost exactly like measles, but I only got it on and around my knees. Very, very weird... Both times I have wondered if I hadn't been purposely "tested" on. Again, no proof...but just a gut feeling...given what I remember and recall about those events.

Anyway, I really do feel like 75% of this is media hype. They do it every year with whatever the new strain is... I'm not saying it isn't something to take precautions about or take seriously, but I do feel like they make it into the coming of the First Horsemen of the Apocalypse, ad nauseum.

I highly doubt it given the location it first manifested.

I'm surprised something like this hasn't wiped out half of Asia by now, given their OH&S practices around the food industry.

They have been dodging bullets' for hundreds of years..!!

Some animals are notorious for harboring nasty viruses (as specially bats and reptiles which were present at the market).

Not every pandemic is a depopulation conspiracy..

99.999999999999% of the time it's just plain unhygienic conditions that lead to an outbreak.
edit on 27-1-2020 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

"Novel" means "new, different" - this is a new and different strain of a virus type known as a coronavirus.

Its getting a lot of "hype" because its spreading like wildfire, may have a lethality of around 4%, and now is appearing to have a very long (~14 days) incubation. So there could be hundreds of thousands infected already who will be walking around spreading the disease for 2 weeks before they even start showing symptoms.

This probably won't be the one that brigs society to its knees, but it very well coukd crash the global economy and kill millions before its run its course. Most likely, despite quarantining something like 50 million people, its too late to prevent a massive soread of the disease worldwide.

What they're not talking about much in the media is the curiosity of the near-immediate identification of the seafood market just a hop, skip and a jump from China's only level 4 bio lab. Accident or purposeful, I believe this one originated in the lab.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Superbug...newly created bug...no resistance...look it up.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Yeh because the virus was patented by the US in early 2000s and they gave it to China, and they're Bio lab in Wuhan or wherever messed up and it got released.😷

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DiddyC

Yeh because the virus was patented by the US in early 2000s and they gave it to China, and they're Bio lab in Wuhan or wherever messed up and it got released.😷

This virus wasn't patented in the US. There are Genome sequences of coronaviruses which have been sequenced, and those gene sequences have been patented (the use of such data which is then licensed, either freely or for a fee) for resesrch purposes.

There are many coronaviruses. This one is new, i.e. "novel"

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   

This one is concerning because it seems to have stable fomite and airborne transmission plus the host sheds virus during the long incubation period and it’s impossible to control its spread.

So in other words, this is a god damn mess waiting to explode.

Great...

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

I read it's weaponized. It came out of a biowarfare lab near the index case.

I have researched a bit around the net and I think the official story has extreme holes in while the biowarfare angle that got out is more plausible.

1. Chinese Bio engineers was reported stealing information in Canada.
2. The miraculous mutation of the corona virus to explain why it is different than what have been seen in nature.
3. The place it broke out is 20 miles away from a Chinese level 4 bio research facility.

It is more probable that China screwed up like US did with Spanish Flu (Origin Kansas) releasing a bio weapon.

Not sure I believe the hype in below video but there is a few points I have seen on other sites.

edit on 28-1-2020 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

This one is concerning because it seems to have stable fomite and airborne transmission plus the host sheds virus during the long incubation period and it’s impossible to control its spread. China’s quarantine measures are pretty intensive but they may have new protocols after SARS.

Mortality rate is low, immunocompromised populations are more susceptible like with any pathogen. It can cause adverse impacts in seemingly healthy patients. It’s still not time to worry, once we start seeing it spread in the west with better health systems and general public health than we can worry.

Ebola and hemorrhagic fevers are different, they hijack the immune system so quickly the host dies before spreading the disease. It only aerosolizes with blood and is much harder to transmit. You see early high transmission rates overseas because of poor public health programs and body substance isolation procedures and then it dies out.

It could be from a lab, but it’s no bioweapon, if it was, China would be buckling right now and those few cases overseas would be exponentially increasing already.

We can't know the mortality rate yet, when there's 4400 confirmed cases and only 170 cases are resolved, 107 deaths ad 63 recovered. That's over 4200 cases that have yet to run their course. We won't have an accurate mortality rate for weeks.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This is all good commentary.... While I haven't been able to really dig in and research this further because I'm traveling this week, I did see a headline today that China is saying this is now a big nothing burger.... Of course, who EVER believes anything China says?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Weirdos, they're all over the place. I can't even remember where I saw it, could've been media, I thought they were predicting we were about a week out from the "peak" of this outbreak, which sounds pretty optimistic to me. This is a nation built on propaganda, if it were truly a nothing burger or whatever they want to call it, they would be showing off their state of the art treatment protocols, interviewing survivors, having huge displays, touring hospitals and celebrating heroes of the nation.

Strangely enough all I see from over there is a bunch of "good game" taps from influential world leaders and some numbers updating very slowly. Everything else is just crickets, looks like an epidemic to me.
edit on 29-1-2020 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

" Why is the coronavirus novel? "

Because it's Bark is Worse than it's Bite ............

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Because it will be looked back upon as falling far short of what fear-mongers predicted for the U.S.. That's pretty much what happens with every "catastrophe" the news media breathlessly warns us about.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

if it were truly a nothing burger or whatever they want to call it, they would be showing off their state of the art treatment protocols, interviewing survivors, having huge displays, touring hospitals and celebrating heroes of the nation. 

Exactly, instead all we get is nothing to see here folks...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join