It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So How Are We Feeling About OPEN BORDERS After Wuhan Corona Virus?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

What the hell does an epidemic from China have to do with this?

President Trump is right (again) about our borders defining and protecting us as a nation. Borders need to be enforced and reinforced for the safety and integrity of every nation and it's citizens.

You're right in a sense though, harmful diseases such as xenophobia and ignorance should be quarantined for the sake of the rest of the world

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
My Thoughts.
Those who enter via open borders go to the big cities where the proponents of open borders live. So, those who will be sickened & killed will, for the most part, be the proponents of open borders. They brought on themselves, let them reap what they sow!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

You sound like the msm pushing all this fear.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I mean technically that would serve as a route for the disease to move into the country, especially with air and sea travel more heavily restricted.

A true quarantine or martial law is no joke, it’s something no one on either side wants to deal with.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yeah we should defiantly give the government that kind of power over human beings.
That will work out great in the long run.
No chance they ever use it against you.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

You sound like the msm pushing all this fear.

What "fear" am I pushing?
Please be specific.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

hordes

Why dehumanize them like that?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc

I mean technically that would serve as a route for the disease to move into the country, especially with air and sea travel more heavily restricted.

A true quarantine or martial law is no joke, it’s something no one on either side wants to deal with.

The only epidemic Trump is fighting against is Mexicans, let's not beat around the bush here

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Low grade-Low Iq Partisan baiting!

Like Impeachments?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Let's say we close the borders and it works.

We'll become the only healthy nation and everybody will try to break in in massive waves like zombie movies.👻😈

lol That's when the word horde would apply.

I think it would be impossible to shut down that much land. Some of it is mountains.
Especially with how fast we would have to do that to stop anyone from getting in that way. This virus was already here before we knew it existed.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Might not know what they’re going to do.

But we know who they’re going to blame .

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BillyJoeeOzark

Plus this virus can jump from humans to animals and back again.

We would need a hermetically sealed dome. lol

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Maybe the open borders crowd shouldn't go around taking gunz away from all the law abiding folks.

You were saying some snip about giving government power over human beings?
edit on 27-1-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Only Mexicans live south of the border? Personally I don’t see any difference between that and using fear and welfare programs to control them and get them to save a failing party. Both sides are using fear to appeal to its voters, it’s stupid. You can’t just bring them in and abandon them. Plus people need to realize you can’t help absolutely everyone in need, it’s an unfortunate reality and you’ll then be faced with everyone needing help and no one left to provide it.

There needs to be some form of regulation at the borders for a multitude of reasons. No one in history has ever stopped smuggling, but we can reduce its negative impact on struggling population groups.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

That the cronovirus is going to be a major problem for the united states. Same thing I have been hearing on t.v. for days now. I honestly thought your post title was the title of some msm article you were going to link.

Fear the wu-flu!
Only way to stop it is to shut everything down or we will all be sick!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Yes we should not give more power to government over the people.

So we agree.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It's an airborne virus. For context, human bodies expel air when dead, particularly if being moved. They are recommending immediately putting dead victims into body bags because any expelled air means the virus is already out.

So, for context of your thread, open borders won't make much difference - not for an airborne virus.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
China already has a wall. Perhaps you have heard of it. it's called the "Great wall of China".

eta, and yes, China did pay for it.

You do understand that we don't share a border with China, right? It's really hard to tell when Trumpers are joking.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So we are back to the GOP and its supports using a disease to try to bolster their political status? Is it 2014 again?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Yes we should not give more power to government over the people.

So we agree.

Actually we don't.

We're not giving. They're taking.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join