It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So How Are We Feeling About OPEN BORDERS After Wuhan Corona Virus?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

T he only way to stop it, would be total isolation. Thats not viable.

There are those who actually believe it is (even in this thread). Which is hilarious - probably 90% or more of large businesses who deal with consumables has a supply chain that relies on China (and other countries as well). They feel American's supplying everything will work out great - but they couldn't be more wrong.

The company I work for currently buys quite a bit of steel from China. What happened when the "trade wars" ensued? Did Americans help each other out? Buy American! Naw, not so much. We still are buying from China, because all the steel companies locally when this thing started, jacked their prices so high, that even tariff steel was cheaper than U.S. steel. I guess people here don't get American business greed. And that is just one commodity.

Not to mention rare earth materials that almost exclusively are from China - what do we replace with that? Hmm.. not much. The U.S. gets 80% of their rare earth materials from China.

But then again.. I guess who needs that? I think many here would be happy to go back to the good ol' days, when woman used washing boards, and everyone has a shotgun on their porch. yeehaw baby, maga!

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: kyosuke

You americans and your lack of understanding of international politics
No one has hijacked my vocabulary neighbour, I'm an educated individual who has traveled the world. I've been on all the continents, including Antarctica. I've lived in the USA for a time too. So stop assuming.

I will try yet again.

The Virus will enter the US or any other nation, as long as people cross the boarders. Your arguments have no merit here. T he only way to stop it, would be total isolation. Thats not viable.

ISOLATION is what the Doctors always recommend for a pandemic.

What rock do people live under they can't comprehend we have to ISOLATE people to stop a pandemic. That death toll of 50 million might be a small number this time if it is bad as they claim.

Total isolation of the victims and their contacts is coming if we don't get a handle on it worldwide. There is no other way. They never do it any other way or EVERYBODY can die. The movies do sensationalize but for the most part they get it right on the pandemics.

edit on 29-1-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

It is. Though isolation of the individual and those in contact is the meaning of isolation usually. How does one isolate a country of any large size? A pacific Island MIGHT get away with it (air drop in essential supplies). Larger countries? Nah.

So tell me neighbour. HOW do you isolate say the USA? Keeping in mind that the virus is already in the continental USA.

There are more sensible ways to deal with this.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

T he only way to stop it, would be total isolation. Thats not viable.

There are those who actually believe it is (even in this thread). Which is hilarious - probably 90% or more of large businesses who deal with consumables has a supply chain that relies on China (and other countries as well). They feel American's supplying everything will work out great - but they couldn't be more wrong.

The company I work for currently buys quite a bit of steel from China. What happened when the "trade wars" ensued? Did Americans help each other out? Buy American! Naw, not so much. We still are buying from China, because all the steel companies locally when this thing started, jacked their prices so high, that even tariff steel was cheaper than U.S. steel. I guess people here don't get American business greed. And that is just one commodity.

Not to mention rare earth materials that almost exclusively are from China - what do we replace with that? Hmm.. not much. The U.S. gets 80% of their rare earth materials from China.

But then again.. I guess who needs that? I think many here would be happy to go back to the good ol' days, when woman used washing boards, and everyone has a shotgun on their porch. yeehaw baby, maga!

It is what you have to do actually read the post just after yours. Medical protocol is ISOLATION. Facts like this are important in situations like that.

link   
This thread has 0 credibility unacknowledging congress cut millions of $ from the Center for Disease Control in 2018.

link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: Justoneman

It is. Though isolation of the individual and those in contact is the meaning of isolation usually. How does one isolate a country of any large size? A pacific Island MIGHT get away with it (air drop in essential supplies). Larger countries? Nah.

So tell me neighbour. HOW do you isolate say the USA? Keeping in mind that the virus is already in the continental USA.

There are more sensible ways to deal with this.

No there are two choices.

Get exposed or don't get exposed.

Not getting exposed will require large amounts of common sense., It may require Martial Law. Something the Cabal would love, so this plays into that scenario.

Pandemics where millions are dying require isolation of non victims and victims. That is all there can be. Just like in China, space suited environmentalist and medical professionals will be in the infected areas.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: IAMTAT

Well as is plainly evident Corona Virus doesn't care about borders nor even species barriers for that matter.

What needs to be inforced is better cleanliness, prevention, and containment, just as with any other flu-like ailment.

Hygiene is all good and that..

But once a Virus gets going and is within the general population, with thousands carrying the disease, the cleanliness of the environment around you makes little difference. It does make some difference, but not much..!!

Having a good health and safety system in place is really only great for preventing outbreaks, but once they are widely distributed within the general population, there's little hygienic conditions can do to prevent is spreading directly from person to person (save living in a plastic bubble or isolating ones self completely from the outside world).

And as for the original post..

Well, other nations with lower H&S standards will mean the virus has a greater chance of spreading more quickly through that population, sending large waves of panicking people to the border seeking safety..

Many of those people will be carriers..!!

Allowing open borders would just mean certain doom for the Progressive nation letting all the sick people in.
edit on 29-1-2020 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
This thread has 0 credibility unacknowledging congress cut millions of $ from the Center for Disease Control in 2018.

Congress just feather their nests and look down their noses at the rest of us. The draining of the swamp can't happen fast enough.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Coronavirus doesn't care about borders which is why it's strange that we allow planes full of people from infected regions to travel here.

But I guess now that thousands of infected Chinese are here and spreading the disease it's too late to quarantine.

Why didn't Trump close the border right away?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

The fact unknowns can STILL freely enter is unacceptable and a slap in this nations face and an attack on our sovereignty as an individual nation that looks out for its own people and interests without any further consideration.

The exceptional right to bear Reaper drones, and violate international law with actual attacks on sovereign nations, remains yours, and yours alone. Of course, my Highness.

What good is our vast power and global reach if e aren't using it to help/protect/advance/enrich Americans...?

Heads up, Mr. Burns! There's a good chance you'll find fellow Americans in tax-havens!

Yet people complain about this country and our economic classes?

Nah. I'd say it's more about the usual suspects: corruption, OE, wealth inequality and the resulting Forever Warfare in this Brave New Oligarchy but yeah... if the shoe fits, wear it!

You can't serve Mammon and God, but you knew that already. Right? What was that? Self-control is what they need? Interesting twist.
edit on 29-1-2020 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bearmonger
a reply to: andy06shake

Coronavirus doesn't care about borders which is why it's strange that we allow planes full of people from infected regions to travel here.

But I guess now that thousands of infected Chinese are here and spreading the disease it's too late to quarantine.

Why didn't Trump close the border right away?

"Ray sis" or something like that I suspect is what will be heard. The time to act is now. Allowing someone from a hot zone without proper vetting to enter any nation not just the US is just not smart at this point. It is a pandemic in China. Do we risk that elsewhere? We have isolated cases in the other countries and they can react to isolate known contacts of the victims and treat it seriously. It could get nasty fast if we don't control this as logically as can be under the circumstances.

We can make masks out of coffee filters if it gets bad. Wearing goggles may sound of overkill but I would if this is really happening.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I'm not sure how we could prevent the spread of diseases without completely shutting down all forms of interstate travel.

If a truly dangerous pandemic breaks, there's not really anything you can do to stop it's spread.

Many people missed the whole point IMO.

lets re think this and say it this way

Why should we not try to protect ourselves?

That is more like the reason for the OP, trying or not trying at all to protect ourselves from things that would decimate our population.

Carry on with that in mind and it will make more sense

You and I individually need to protect ourselves because the govt refuses to make simple changes that would have prevented all this to begin with.

The people in power would rather risk major pandemic than lose money. They refused to give up their profits. Power brokers in all nations of all creeds, put us all at risk simply to profit off us when clear safe routes at every stage were obvious and available.

Reality is that you cannot trust them to protect or save you when they act and think this way. Money was always more valuable than our very lives!

The virus is all over the US now. Face it. The govt FAILED.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The cup is half full. I am grateful that we are blessed this isn't some jacked up version of a biolevel 4 pathogen.

Like check out the death rate on this one, and imagine them tinkering with hybrids etc:

As of May 2018 about 700 human cases of Nipah virus are estimated to have occurred and 50 to 75 percent of those who were infected died.

Wiki Nipah virus or bsl 4 for more info.

And even with a vicious disease like this I strongly believe it can be beaten for a few $ worth of natural products at the grocery store. Not the billions $ in vaccines or antivirals that we don't need.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I think even with strong borders, a virus or pathogen will find a way to make it wherever it wants to go. We're dealing with microscopic organisms here. Ever wonder how many goods come into our country from Wuhan, China? Lots and lots. What's to say a virus can't get into a shipment of something that arrived at Walmart lastweek? Suppose some guy was packing up a container before everyone started getting really sick in Wuhan, and he was sneezing all over something, that landed in a store shelf here.

You know what I'd just like to bring up, that no one seems to be talking about AT ALL currently —

Tons and tons of folks are getting very sick in our country RIGHT NOW with a number of nasty viruses going around. Three weeks back (tomorrow), I got hit by a fever that ran 2 days. For 4 days I felt horrible, and on the 5th day I got slammed by a horrid head cold. My head felt like it was burning. The fever came back. I spent days 6, 7, and 8 in bed. And it lingered up until now. When I first went to the doc 3 weeks back, there was no one there. When I went just a couple days ago, the place was filled to the brim with sick people....hacking, coughing, wearing face masks. The wait time was 3 hours. My GP told me the "perfect storm" had hit...3 bad things going around making tons of folks sick...the flu...a vomiting/diarrhea virus...and a mystery virus, giving folks fevers, chills, body aches and upper respiratory infections. I ended up with a sinus infection.

So what I think is really strange is all of these bad things going around RIGHT NOW in the USA and not one news outlet is reporting on it. All we're hearing about is the Wuhan bug...meanwhile, people are getting sick left and right, and filling up Urgent Care centers all across America. To be honest, I think Wuhan got here weeks back and we're already dealing with it. I just hope the next Chinese bug has a better flavor to it...maybe something like Hunan or Szechuan, with a side of fried dumplings, LOL.
edit on 29-1-2020 by angeLinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: angeLinus

So what I think is really strange is all of these bad things going around RIGHT NOW in the USA and not one news outlet is reporting on it. All we're hearing about is the Wuhan bug...meanwhile, people are getting sick left and right, and filling up Urgent Care centers all across America

Happens every year, it's called flu season.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

So what I think is really strange is all of these bad things going around RIGHT NOW in the USA and not one news outlet is reporting on it. All we're hearing about is the Wuhan bug...meanwhile, people are getting sick left and right, and filling up Urgent Care centers all across America

Coincidentally this appears to be the worst flu season. There is a respiratory illness that some people seem to be getting that sets you up for the flu by occupying your immune response in lots of places from what I can tell.

www.cdc.gov...

8200-2000 estimated deaths.
www.cdc.gov...

More than the Wu Han flu so far.

edit on 30-1-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: vonclod

Coincidentally this appears to be the worst flu season. There is a respiratory illness that some people seem to be getting that sets you up for the flu by occupying your immune response in lots of places from what I can tell.

www.cdc.gov...

8200-2000 estimated deaths.
www.cdc.gov...

More than the Wu Han flu so far.

I don't mean to make light of the flu, it is nothing to be trifled with. I'm sure it's killed more people than war.
I have not had the flu for some time, I have never had a flu shot, but ponder it. I would be more worried about that than Wu Han.

Flu season is just part of regular life I suppose.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

How is this related to trump?

Trump maybe trying to keep illegal immigrants out-this also is the case with the virus-but your can't check a virus for papers or drivers licence and registration. All Trump or any other nations leaders can do is collaborate with their alphabet agencies to figure out a solution, in America the FAA is probably the most important.

Trump is not a virologist, he needs to throw his stupidity and stubbornness away and listen to his advisors.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

How does someone "unacknowledge"?

Is that even a word?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

It is what you have to do actually read the post just after yours. Medical protocol is ISOLATION. Facts like this are important in situations like that.

What does that have to do with illegal immigration or open borders? I understand travel restrictions once something like this pops up, and locking down busy areas. But living in fear and becoming an isolationist country is not the right way to do it. Always worried about that next virus that -might- come around in 15 or 20 years. That is what people seem to be advocating in this thread. I think that is just stupid, but each to their own I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join