It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question the left won't answer?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

If you actually think Trump is concerned about Biden's bid for the Whitehouse you are either ignorant or misinformed.

Fox News Poll: Sanders gains among Democrats, Biden still best against Trump
www.foxnews.com...

Yes , and if you don't then it is you who are either ignorant or misinformed.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I dont know how it's done in good ol' USA, but back home...when party gets in power, all the state jobs, are mostly filled with people from the winning party. ALl the old employees are let go, and only in rarest of cases...some positions are filled with non partisan experts in their fields.

So removing this ambassador from her post is a bit of no brainer for me.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

that's a bunch of Malarkey.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: gortex

Trump used the power of Presidency for his own personal gain by blackmailing an ally to dig for dirt on his political opponent , that is wrong regardless of the reason.

If nothing else it shows how scared he is of a fair fight in this election.

Blackmail? I'm afraid I'll need you to explain how Zalinsky was pressured, or forced to......not comply with Trump's request. (you are aware that he never announced a new investigation, right?)

Yes, and also since Zalinsky was just elected, the POTUS couldn't be 100 % sure he was an "ally" and was going to follow up on his promises to end corruption ( acknowledged by left ) that Biden was supposedly tasked to address in Ukraine. This was already under investigation before Biden entered the Presidential race and it sure looks like it was the Dems who were obstructing that investigation before Trump ever took office. It wasn't just Biden's kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar, Kerry and Peloski's kids were too !

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Trump is already entitled to look into Biden corruption, it's literally part of his job. It's not Trump's fault Biden decided to run for president right after he realized Trump was looking for corruption in Ukraine.

This is literally how all these politicians get rich. They hide their corruption in foreign aid by enriching their families by placing them on boards of corrupt companies with little to no experience. Hell, John Kerry's son was on the Burisma board as well and they wonder why he's running around trying to push foreign policy and blatantly violating the Hatch Act.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
The real irony is that if ever there was a Democratic presidential candidate uniquely vulnerable to the same kind of investigation abuse and rigor endured by Trump, it would be Biden.

How does that saying go? Be careful what you wish for.

The Democrats have trashed our constitution and placed on its head nearly every convention of American political governance in an attempt to get Trump. If they think a President Biden will now be immune from all of these precendents they've set over the last 4 years, then they truly are more delusional than even I have given them credit for.

If you believe in karma, and Biden wins the presidency, those next four years will be a master class lesson in what goes around comes around. Only I doubt Biden will survive any of it.

I can't believe I'm the first person to star your post. I can only imagine the backlash from the leftists if a trueblue was treated the way Trump has been for the last few years...
edit on 2712020 by Wide-Eyes because: Double de clonque

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

If you actually think Trump is concerned about Biden's bid for the Whitehouse you are either ignorant or misinformed.

www.foxnews.com...

My friends do try to tell me that Biden is a serious candidate opponent for Trump. When I query about the big difference in rally attendance compared to any polls, they scoff and say Biden voters already know who Biden is and what he wants to do. He was the VP for 8 years and Senator before.

This would make sense except Trump has been known for a Long time and actually been the President for some years now currently. Why has his numerous rallies doubled since his presidency? Heck even VP Pence who is on the dry side pulls in a big crowd? Biden few and sporadic rallies, do NOT!

Common sense, says Trump has no concerns about opposing Biden on a ticket in the next election. This whole impeachment business, proves that Biden and the Democrats actually believe they cannot beat Trump too in the next election. The House Managers stated that numerous times last week even!

To completely disregard these facts is ignorance.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

there is a chance that polls are meant to drive public opinion and not to measure it. It's all how the question is asked, and to whom. To date, nobody has ever asked me.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I think Biden is seen as a safe pair of hands for those who on either side can't vote for Trump but don't want the far left vision that's being peddled by the other candidates , a placeholder President for hopefully a better choice next election.

I'm shocked that the opposition haven't learned the lessons of 2016 , politicians are so lightweight these days.
edit on 27-1-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

there is a chance that polls are meant to drive public opinion and not to measure it. It's all how the question is asked, and to whom. To date, nobody has ever asked me.

Well, do you answer all the calls you get from numbers you don't know? I suspect I get called by pollsters but I rarely answer the phone.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Safe for who? If you mean the corrupt politicians and war mongers that most of us claim to want to be rid of, then ya - Biden is a safe bet.

eta: And it's laughable to believe that Trump is in any way threatened that Biden would beat him in the election should Biden become the Dems nominee.

Biden will make a giant fool of himself and the landslide victory for Trump might be the largest in history.

Nobody gonna vote for Biden except those the Dems are paying.
edit on 27-1-2020 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

first - i am not the left .

but no it would not - this is basic logic

it is possible for biden [ or bidens ] to both be corrupt and the attempts my trump to investigate them to be illegal [ impeachable ]

i am not saying trump did anything wrong

but the bidens guilt - does not give trump any sort of carte blanch

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

first - i am not the left .

but no it would not - this is basic logic

it is possible for biden [ or bidens ] to both be corrupt and the attempts my trump to investigate them to be illegal [ impeachable ]

i am not saying trump did anything wrong

but the bidens guilt - does not give trump any sort of carte blanch

There are no criminal charges in the Dems articles of impeachment. Trump didn't commit a crime by asking for Biden to be investigated no matter how much you want to believe it is.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I know I have asked it a few time, and never seen a response. But perhaps others have and there is a reasonable answer to this.

Question:
If any evidence exists that Either Joe Biden or Hunter Biden did ANYTHING corrupt while in Ukraine, anything at all, would't that totally negate the impeachment, and all the arguments over what Trump did or said? If corruption exists, or existed, his asking that it be looked into would not only be important, but necessary.

If that idea is off base, I'd love to hear why.

The real question is...
WHAT LAW DID PRESIDENT TRUMP BREAK?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
You can throw all of the valid evidence you want against a brick wall, until you suffer a catastrophic brain injury and have no effect convincing the irrational mind.

edit on 27-1-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

Trump was forecast a 1% chance to win by a majority of the polls last election, so I still don't see why he would be "concerned"

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
If there was evidence against Biden, why didn't the defense bring it up?

They have time enough. Bring it or it does not exist.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
If there was evidence against Biden, why didn't the defense bring it up?

They have time enough. Bring it or it does not exist.

You do realize that they have not finished yet, don't you?

Don't speak until they have finished their opening arguments.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Because it does not apply to the impeachment proceedings? Its an investigation that needs to happen. The impeachment is because (and its been stated clearly) Trump wanted Ukraine to investigate. To investigate, apparently, is abuse of power.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

I know I have asked it a few time, and never seen a response. But perhaps others have and there is a reasonable answer to this.

Question:
If any evidence exists that Either Joe Biden or Hunter Biden did ANYTHING corrupt while in Ukraine, anything at all, would't that totally negate the impeachment, and all the arguments over what Trump did or said? If corruption exists, or existed, his asking that it be looked into would not only be important, but necessary.

If that idea is off base, I'd love to hear why.

The real question is...
WHAT LAW DID PRESIDENT TRUMP BREAK?

You wouldn't understand, or we all could not understand it unless we are experienced lawyers in this field. Which no-one here is.

He broke laws, and if you insert your question into google and read news besides the-hill.com, you might get the idea.

We can tell you the laws he broke because some lawyer told us. We cannot defend this, because we are no lawyers ourselves, and this includes you, too. But we cannot attack this, because see above.

Lawyers tell us that the Impeached Idiot broke laws. Thats their job, to tell us that he did.
Other lawyers tell us differently, and that is their job, too.

Now you are unsatisfied, and that is okay, too. Nobody wins in this worst-of-all-possible scenarios:

- a majority of senate is hellbent to keep "winning", even telling everyone they will do so, whatever comes their way.
- the Impeached Idiot is far too narcisstic and egomanical to accept defeat, he would never step down.
- "we do not need witnesses" okay, why not? are there none?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join