It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear the Communist Kamikaze Dolphin!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   
It seems silly. It seems crazy. But Now that we have butted heads with Iran we must face the reality that it is possible they inherited and still have the dreaded USSR kamikaze dolphins.

Thats right, Soviets trained dolphins to blow up ships and kill enemy divers!

It seems silly but...dolphins live up to 50 years so yeah...they may be out their.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CobaltCPD

This is the first thread I've clicked on since reading and replying to your introductory thread,

I'm not disappointed, πŸ™‚πŸ‘Œ

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   
You found it! Awesome sauce. I friggin love weird history! Well I believe that makes you the first person I've met here so double hello!

a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   
You have really fascinated me with this. I wondered where the idea came from back in 2000 for Westwood's command and conquer red alert 2 for the dolphin marine unit. Of course in the game they used some sonar attack which was an excellent counter to the enemy giant squids. Interestingly enough, it was the allies who had the dolphins and the Soviets had the giant squids.

Anyways, my point is, I would like to investigate this oceanarium in Iran today and the fate of these dolphins. I talk to some anti-regime Iran citizens in diaspora. I feel like this would be something interesting to reach out about. I'm going to put a pin in this, and we will return with some news this week I'm hoping.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   
That's an interesting read, thanks for sharing!

I'm reminded of that Russian Beluga spy from a while back, the story further corroborates the one you've shared;

...Interviewed by Russian broadcaster Govorit Moskva, Col Viktor Baranets said "if we were using this animal for spying do you really think we'd attach a mobile phone number with the message 'please call this number'?"

"We have military dolphins for combat roles, we don't cover that up," he said.

"In Sevastopol (in Crimea) we have a centre for military dolphins, trained to solve various tasks, from analysing the seabed to protecting a stretch of water, killing foreign divers, attaching mines to the hulls of foreign ships."

...During the Cold War the US Navy set up a special programme for training dolphins and sea lions in California.

The US Navy Marine Mammal Program, based in San Diego, uses bottlenose dolphins and California sea lions for locating mines and other dangerous objects on the ocean floor.

The navy website also says the animals are used to detect unauthorised personnel underwater who could potentially harm US ships.

The US Navy deployed dolphins to the Gulf during the Iraq War in 2003 to help mine-clearance teams.

Source

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   
cray havock and let slip teh dolphins of war

meh - it doesnt have the same ring to it

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity
That's an interesting read, thanks for sharing!

I'm reminded of that Russian Beluga spy from a while back, the story further corroborates the one you've shared;

Oooooo I missed the Beluga whale incident. I didn't know Russia had started their military animal training program back up. Not surprised that Belugas are easier to train then bottlenose dolphins though
Thanks for the rabbithole! (dolphinhole just sounds dirty so I'm resisting that pun)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   
No problem we’ll just hire some Japanese fishermen to club them.

Easy Peezy

Kamikaze seals would be a problem either . πŸ˜‡

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Say it ain't so pa, SAY IT AIN'T SO!! They told me this was GUILT free tuna, GUILT FREE!!n 😡πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜±πŸ˜­
edit on 1-27-2020 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
cray havock and let slip teh dolphins of war

meh - it doesnt have the same ring to it

"Slipping the dolphin of war" sounds like a very tired, sore euphemism...

War dolphin is officially one of the worst nicknames for a dude's junk evah!

*note start band. Name will be "War Dolphin", Genre, Black Metal, first track Kamikaze dolphin...lol

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I heard the Russians gave up on this idea .

Their training method of rewarding them with food was the reason .

Every time they strapped a bomb on one and let it go for an trial run.

The last thing the underwater Mics heard was β€œ so long and thanks for all the fish β€œ. πŸ˜‰

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I think I heard of this years ago, using dolphins as weapons. I suppose a clever move, yet sad for the dolphins. I would prefer to see them just being regular free dolphins that don't include being used as weapons.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I think I heard of this years ago, using dolphins as weapons. I suppose a clever move, yet sad for the dolphins. I would prefer to see them just being regular free dolphins that don't include being used as weapons.

I think it'd be much better if they brought those dolphins to Sea World and let them jump into the audience laden with explosives.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I agree with this also. Dolphins are very intelligent and capable animals. It's sad for Christs sake leave the animals out of fighting human battles and wars. I hope this archaic notion of using animals like this fades with time. It's neither feasible or ethical. We have technology to do the same tasks, They (world's militaries) have underwater drones that can do pretty much the same thing.

And you don't have to worry about the animal high tailing away giving you the proverbial middle finger.

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Haha

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Haha

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Pffff.... Iranian Aquaman and his evil corrupted dolphins can eat squid! This is nothing a few sonar pulses couldnt take care of!

posted on Jul, 4 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   

The US Navy has had trained dolphins for years, along with seals, sea lions, and belugas. They patrol harbors, recovery training munitions, rescue lost divers and swimmers, and more.

top topics

join