It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tied Ukraine Aid to Inquiries He Sought, according to Jon Bolton book.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
According to the NYT, they received a description of the new Jon Bolton book, “The Room Where it All Happened”, which was apparently under review from the whitehouse.

According to the NYT’s reading:

WASHINGTON — President Trump told his national security adviser in August that he wanted to continue freezing $391 million in security assistance to Ukraine until officials there helped with investigations into Democrats including the Bidens, according to an unpublished manuscript by the former adviser, John R. Bolton.

archive.is...

According to Maggie Haberman, the author of the article and go-to DNC journalist, the revelation “could undercut a key element of his impeachment defense”.

This isn’t the first time the media went ape over a tell-all book, but the timing of this is of course perfect for the anti-Trump factions as the defense continues with this case tomorrow, suggesting the leak of the manuscript and the article could be a political ploy to influence the impeachment trial.

Edit to add: I mistakenly thought the NYT received a leaked manuscript, but it was just a description of the manuscript.
edit on 26-1-2020 by CitizenZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CitizenZero

I just read another article saying its rumor and the NYT ran with it anyway....thats believable

eta : www.thegatewaypundit.com... estigations/
Couldnt get the quote fx up on my phone
edit on 26-1-2020 by BlueJacket because: eta

edit on 26-1-2020 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I honestly don't care.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I just read another article saying its rumor and the NYT ran with it anyway....thats believable

They did not even share any of the manuscript and we are left to rely on the anti-Trump journalist’s word.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CitizenZero

They did not even share any of the manuscript and we are left to rely on the anti-Trump journalist’s word.

Seems legit!

SoOo...

Trump is not allowed to investigate anyone because it will influence the 2020 elections...

So we need to investigate and impeach him to influence the 2020 elections.

Gottit.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

They should just let bolton be a witness.
Hear what he has to say under oath.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Legally John Bolton can say he saw and heard him say Deez nuts, but it will still have the same consequence in the acquittal, that being a sum of zero .

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
What an amazing coincidence!!!!!!!

What an absolute sh!tshow this whole impeachment circus is - WOW.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Yes, that and NYT author Maggie Haberman is a total hack.
No investigating any Democrats, especially if they run for president...that's a no non and is impeachable.

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: CitizenZero

Seems legit!

SoOo...

Trump is not allowed to investigate anyone because it will influence the 2020 elections...

So we need to investigate and impeach him to influence the 2020 elections.

Gottit.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Trump should of tied funds going from American taxpayers to them whistle blowing what they know about the corruption between the Bidens and Berisma.

Sorry, being some sort of political candidate doesn't shield you or give you diplomatic immunity. If you are corrupt, you answer for that, Trump ran on draining the swamp, who thought that would be easy?

Should he have just pulled an "Obama" and gave them 150 billion dollars to keep funding terrorism and corruption? There isn't an argument here, it's just common sense vs warped falicy.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

HaHa.. the New York Times was late getting this "scoop". It's been circulating since last night.

At any rate, this Bolton revelation should be just what's needed to get witnesses into the Impeachment trial, and it comes at the perfect time too.

Democrats were starting to get "cold feet" in demanding witnesses due to the Biden counter-witness and making the trial last another 4 to 6 weeks. (Bernie and Liz Warren are mad as f--k)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   
No direct quote .

The New York Times alleges the investigation was only directed at Democrats. ( probably why they didn’t include a quote )

The most telling part I found was how they referenced it “ including the Bidens “.

They didn’t say he specifically named .

Apparently they don’t think we know tweedledee and tweedledum are Democrats .

A copy was delivered to the White House for review before publication. Yet sinisterly the NYT spoke in hushed tones wondering if Trump would shut it down .

If it was such bombshell evidence why hasn’t the White House shut it down already ?

For the last couple months if a book from Bolton hit the desk it would’ve been read before the nights over .

I give the New York Times four Pinocchio’s for lack of verification .

🤥🤥🤥🤥

And three smiley faces for creative fiction

🙂🙂🙂
edit on 27-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   
How long before the entire characterization is revealed to be inaccurate?

I'll wait for Bolton's actual words.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

That’s right. They are essentially impeaching trump for doing his job.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Trump tweet:

I NEVER told John Bolton that the aid to Ukraine was tied to investigations into Democrats, including the Bidens. In fact, he never complained about this at the time of his very public termination. If John Bolton said this, it was only to sell a book.

twitter.com...
edit on 27-1-2020 by CitizenZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yeh they know he's going to win 2020... So they're laying the foundations for that impeachment trial 😅🤣💩👺

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I see we now have yet another 2nd hand and 3rd hand rock solid scoop !!!!!!

🥳 🪀

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

🥳 🪀

We want witnesses, so try to keep the Bolton suspense level high. Play it like he's the smocking gun.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: xuenchen

🥳 🪀

We want witnesses, so try to keep the Bolton suspense level high. Play it like he's the smocking gun.

So sorry, but you made me do it...

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The impeachment circus is doing great things for the economy.

People are saying popcorn shares are up 1000%.

Best popcorn numbers than any president ever.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join