It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Reporter Says N-Word While Reporting On Kobe Bryant's Death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
A similar situation happened where I live, in Rochester, New York. Last January, a local meteorologist, Jeremy Kappell, was fired for saying a racist word during an evening broadcast. The meteorologist said he unintentionally jumbled a couple of words, but the mayor and station manager denounced his mistake and called it inexcusable. However, Al Roker and Martin Luther King Jr.'s daughter, thought Kappell shouldn't have been fired and that what happened was an unfortunate slip of the tongue.

Today, while reporting on the tragic death of Kobe Bryant, a reporter from MSNBC said the "N" word while on air. This was caught by someone who was recording the news broadcast with their cell phone.

MSNBC made an exceptional goof on live TV. During the white reporter covering the death of Bryant on a Sunday broadcast, it appears that the reporter dropped an n-word bomb while on air.

Alison Morris was reporting on the Bryant tragedy on MSNBC during her usual tie slot, reportedly admitting at a point during the broadcast that she does not follow professional basketball.

“Earlier today, while reporting on the tragic news of Kobe Bryant’s passing, I unfortunately stuttered on air, combining the names of the Knicks and the Lakers to say “Nakers.” Please know I did not & would NEVER use a racist term. I apologize for the confusion this caused,” Morris.

LINK

So, listen to the broadcast below. Sounds like a slip of the tongue to me, just like what happened to Jeremy Kappell. So, do you think she gets fired too? Please note: The audio is really low, so turn up your volume.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Stuff happens, that’s what took out Howard Cosell.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Mixed words maybe.

"LEAKERS"
edit on 26-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Right. Another racist whose true colors slipped through....not.

But that won't stop people claiming it so.

Yawn.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
First video of the meteorologist seemed like a possible stutter or fluke. He blamed it on combining king and came together.

The second video really sounded like the n word. Possible slip up with "knickers community".

If i had to guess, i would bet that both made a mistake but who knows. The first video doesn't seem nearly as bad of a slip as the second. Seems harsh to fire someone when they could have easily just slipped up the words.

I haven't heard "koon" in a while. That seems more like an old racist thing. I definitely hear white people still say n!gger in a negative way (online video gamers can be the worst).

edit on 26-1-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm scared to even say the word focaccia these days

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
She said "Nakers" pronounced like Nay-kers. There were no i's or g's there.

Plus, it's a female. No evil white male effect, just a sympathy towards a female effect.

It'll get spread around social media among black people but she won't be fired for it. Nothing will become of it. I wanted to hear the clip of what the guy said for comparison. Can anyone link it or did I miss it? I watched the video.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I can't get audio on YT videos posted here. Not sure why.

Aren't knackers people who bury dead animals?

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo
I can't get audio on YT videos posted here. Not sure why.

Aren't knackers people who bury dead animals?

Search Results
The Meaning of NACKERS
NACKERS means "Testicles" So now you know - NACKERS means "Testicles" - don't thank us. YW! What does NACKERS mean? NACKERS is an acronym, abbreviation or slang word that is explained above where the NACKERS definition is given.
www.internetslang.com › NACKERS-meaning-definition
www.internetslang.com...

knack·er
/ˈnakər/
noun
plural noun: knackers
BRITISH
a person whose business is the disposal of dead or unwanted animals, especially those whose flesh is not fit for human consumption.
verb
3rd person present: knackers
INFORMAL•BRITISH
tire (someone) out; exhaust.
"you look absolutely knackered"

Then we have..

TOP DEFINITION
knacker
Incestuous, boxing, sovereign ring wearing, tracksuited shaven headed scumbags. Girls wear bellytops (Even if they're 15 stone), guys are small, jewelry and violence are rampant. Enjoy having children with sisters, looking at you with squinty eyes and scaring people. In many places refers to SCUMBAGS in general, and good travellers are not covered by the word - depening where you're from.
"C'mear yow, give oos a fooking Yaro boss or I'll fooking box ya" said the knacker.
by Mickey Joe Harte September 20, 2003
www.urbandictionary.com...

If the opposing team in a game are animals, then knackers fits. Not so sure about the rest.
edit on 26-1-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel
I wanted to hear the clip of what the guy said for comparison. Can anyone link it or did I miss it? I watched the video.

Yeah, I didn't catch the actual slip of the tongue in that video the first time I watched it either, had to watch it twice... its definitely there though.

Sounds like he says Martin Luther coon.

How awkward... lol.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel
I wanted to hear the clip of what the guy said for comparison. Can anyone link it or did I miss it? I watched the video.

Yeah, I didn't catch the actual slip of the tongue in that video the first time I watched it either, had to watch it twice... its definitely there though.

Sounds like he says Martin Luther coon.

How awkward... lol.

That's far worse. Older generations of black people especially who watch # like that on TV every morning would be very offended considering it was while saying Martin Luther King, a direct insult to him.

Here's what I gathered from my research:

TOP DEFINITION
Coon
An insulting term used by both races.

When used by whites it translates to "n-word".
(Hey, I'm not trying to get banned from ATS for quoting someone else)

When used by blacks its describing an uncle Rukus type character.

A black person who is ignorant to white discrimination and unknowingly suffers with self hatred.

A black man who only dates white women or only find white women attractive.
"Samuel L Jackson played a coon in the movie Django."

"Great! The only black news-caster for FOX didn't find anything wrong the white policeman only arresting the black kids in a group of black and white kids! What a coon!"
#n-word#coon#uncle rukus#coonass#django
by Tuttie504 September 02, 2015
www.urbandictionary.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Need to be careful with accusations. I lost a job for calling a black man a worthless porter. The two woman that heard me said I said the n word. There was nothing I could say in my defense. I feel like if people are racist they hear what they want to hear. I play rocket league and my clan is The knights who say ni... I've been accused of it being racist a couple of times. Just for ni... if you finish it with the n word... your racist.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I listened to the one from MSNBC earlier today. Thought about posting it but I just couldn’t pull the trigger .

I couldn’t be sure what she said and unlike the Democratics i’m not comfortable throwing the underlying accusation around.

Even when it’s funny and I have very few limitations on that .

As for your post OP I agree those are funny .

I just wasn’t going to say it . 😆
edit on 26-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

1st video, at 33 seconds. "Martin Luther ..."

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I couldn’t be sure what she said and unlike the Democratics i’m not comfortable throwing the underlying accusation around.

unlike some black people*

Democratics aren't always the boogeyman. I bet the reporter who said it was Democratic and her male colleagues and bosses who reassured her that she's fine, not to worry about it were Democratics.

Most everyone in MSM media is unless they work for Fox.
edit on 26-1-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Yup

If they are Democratd I’m sure they’ll get away with it .

Ralph “ Blackface”Northam got away with it.

Now like a good liberal he’s going after our guns .

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
DAMM, PEOPLE ARE FRICKIN' STUPID!!!!!!

If I could get off of this tilt-a-whirl ride around the sun without killing myself or getting killed ...
edit on 2020 1 26 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Freudian slip.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny
What ethnicity was the announcer?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Words are racist and offensive, except when they are used daily by the people who claim they're racist and offensive.

That's humans for you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join