It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kobe Bryant dies in Chopper crash?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi
It's very simple: They should have taken the car instead of the Helicopter that day.

I wanted to go flying that day as well and canceled my plans when I saw the weather.

Why they choose to go anyway is a mystery - there was no other plane in the air under VFR at that time.

I can tell you this - the Pilot got disoriented and then panicked. Also the Pilot was instrument rated BUT we all are instrument rated and we barely use it in SoCal. So just being "rated" doesn't mean proficiency or even switching "gears" in time to understand the situation.

www.youtube.com...
It wont be long before some west coast nut claims the fog was due to global warming and rich white folks who own industry are to blame ! It is coming Im sure if it has not already

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I'm thinking either CFIT, or some kind of major rotor failure.

In some respects I almost hope it was CFIT, because at least it would have happened fast, and been over fast.

It had to be CFIT.

Scud-running in a helicopter is easier because terrain allowing, one can always land and just wait it out.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

Who would make the choice to go in bad weather, Koby I would imagine.

If that were the case can't the pitot refuse?

And if he did maybe he would be worried about not pleasing the customer?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
lolol who mis spelled the mans last name sir you are a walking meme thank you lololol Kobe brian... lololol the T is silent to you lol so sounding it out bryan sounded too weird so you turned it into brian lololol

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

If that were the case can't the pitot refuse?

Pitots generally don't refuse; they pretty much follow directions unless they ice up...then all bets are off! All hell breaks loose with Iced up pitots.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Good pilots refuse, but it's not that simple.

Do you want to be the one that made Kobe's daughter late for the game? That's a potential career ruined for the pilot.

Obviously in hindsight who cares, but that's one of the straws for the camel.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SulfurMercurySalt

Good luck staying on this site. It just appears you are here to be a troll.

I would take my chances in helicopter over LA traffic. In fact statically you are safer flying in a helo than driving a car.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Audio Of The Crash
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It finally hit me, holding a basketball, dribbling, shooting, passing, eye contact, leadership, striving to be a champion, playing hard in a gym, outside, nerf hoop, or garbage can, for the last 20 years it's been Kobe we felt when we touched the ball. He is manifested in the basketball. His spirit was alive, he was with you as you played, you said his name, you played with him, he played with you.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I find it funny that everyone is ignoring the rape alligations from 2003. We're supposed to ignore his public apology that reads like a half confession?

Whether you think he did it or not is moot... aren't we supposed to #BelieveAllWomen no matter what?

Is being able to put a ball through a hoop enough for the SJW crowd to forgive him?

Why is the #MeToo movement silent this week?
edit on 30-1-2020 by Gojira54 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2020 by Gojira54 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2020 by Gojira54 because: edits to correct grammar and spelling

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

It's not safe to fly a helicopter in dense fog..

Just sayin

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
IEX Website Recovered (Island Express Helicopters)
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gojira54
Is being able to put a ball through a hoop enough for the SJW crowd to forgive him?

To further the agenda.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gojira54
I find it funny that everyone is ignoring the rape alligations from 2003. We're supposed to ignore his public apology that reads like a half confession?

Whether you think he did it or not is moot... aren't we supposed to #BelieveAllWomen no matter what?

I read, he indicated he didn't know what the big deal was, because Shaq just paid them off when this happens

Maybe he was a changed man..I dunno.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
B-Roll Footage Of Kobe's Helicopter
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Good pilots refuse, but it's not that simple.

Do you want to be the one that made Kobe's daughter late for the game? That's a potential career ruined for the pilot.

Obviously in hindsight who cares, but that's one of the straws for the camel.

You didn't read closely enough. That, or you don't understand aviation. The poster wrote "pitot", NOT "pilot"

A "Pitot" is a tube which monitors air pressure, air speed and atmospheric measurements. It's not a "Pilot" who flies the airplane (or helicopter in this case).

Perhaps next time, you might learn the difference!

It was actually a JOKE!

Pitot tube

edit on 1/30/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Geek0601
B-Roll Footage Of Kobe's Helicopter
www.youtube.com...

Video No Longer Available. Uploader closed their YouTube account.

What's up with that?

Well, that didn't take too long, did it?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Wow guys! We already know what brought the copter down, why drag it out, and down?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The helicopter was up to date on all inspections, there were no ADs or MEL items. The pilot had an FAA second class medical certificate, issued in July 2019, with a restriction for glasses for near vision. Island Express Helicopters had a valid FAA Part 135 certificate for on-demand VFR only operations. The aircraft was intact at impact, with rotor impact marks on nearby trees. Approximately 95% of the rotor was recovered, and all four blades showed midspan bending, pocket separation, blade tip separation, and leading edge indentations and scuffing.

NTSB update.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So CFIT then, right?

They basically flew into the trees.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join