It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prominent Australian WHO epidemiologist - Dr Peter Salama dies suddenly

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

A prominent Australian doctor who led the World Health Organisation's Health Emergencies Programme has died suddenly.

Doctor Peter Salama was a medical epidemiologist who led research and published extensively on vaccine-preventable diseases, HIV and war-related mortality and violence.

WHO "extends its most profound sympathies and condolences to Dr Salama's family, friends and colleagues. He was 51 and leaves behind his wife and three children," the organisation said in a statement.

Prominent Australian epidemiologist Dr Peter Salama dies

He was only 51 and died suddenly. From a brief search of the web I found no story naming the cause of death. That seems unusual to me.

From what I have read he was a dedicated WHO doctor who's work saved many. Condolences to Dr Salama’s family and friends.

This may have nothing to do with the Wu Flu. Then again it could be related. The lack of a cause of death being mentioned strikes me as odd.

ETA- Looks like he was focused on Ebola outbreaks in Africa.

Most recently he was in Somalia, above, working with its health ministry to advance affordable access to care.

While WHO remains focused on the sobering new challenge of China’s Wuhan coronavirus outbreak, the DR Congo remains top of mind as the ongoing Ebola outbreak continues. The most recent update from the country’s Multisector Committee for Epidemic Response (CMRE), which monitors cases in the eastern North Kivu and Ituri provinces, lists 3,297 confirmed cases and another 119 probable cases. There have been 2,239 fatalities.

WHO announces death of Peter Salama, former Ebola response leader

edit on 26-1-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Wow, what if... He knew something or he was the one who's done a 12 monkeys type scenario... And they've killed him off. Gonna have to watch this guys

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well, that don't sound good. It seems he's the one you'd want in the situation we have right now.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
We are due for a large population trim.

This could be it.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Just guessing here:

Male. 51 years old. High-stress job. Likely required to spend long hours confined to a an airplane passenger seat traveling for his work.

Dies unexpectedly (no known medical issues, such as pre-existing illness).

Death will likely be the result of heart failure: cardiac arrest or massive thrombosis (possibly caused by Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)).

He sounds like a prime candidate for either condition.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

I agree, could be.

But no hint of where or how he died. That is usually in the obituary.

I read through 2 twitter feeds with lots of post about him and 3 news stories. There was no clue to the how, where or why.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Usually they say things like "suddenly" or "unexpectedly", not "died of stroke" or "died of massive heart attack".

edit on 26-1-2020 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

There might be a connection...

The US just promised to adopt universal health care

For many countries, typically low-income ones, getting to universal health care means finding the resources to build the systems required. Peter Salama, WHO’s executive for universal health care, told Quartz that for rich ones, however, it’s about finding a solution to the fact that health care costs are rising faster than income growth.

That all countries achieve health care coverage for all their citizens is in the global interest, according to the UN, not least because stronger health systems improve the health of citizens and lower the risk of catastrophic pandemics, even in countries that already have strong health care access.

….that was in Sep, 2019. Not too old.

dnyuz.com...

Now, I just clicked the doc in question. Wanted to read the "83-step process", it's unreadable.

The declaration, drafted through the leadership of Thailand and Georgia, breaks that down further, laying out a detailed 83-step process to provide accessible health coverage to the half of the world that doesn’t have it.

Check yourself.
www.un.org...

edit on 26-1-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

I just read a few and most say things like declining health, car accident and even one that said heart attack. It is true some just say passed away or died unexpectedly. These were just normal peoples obituaries.

Public figure obituaries most all mention the cause of death and location, it seems from what I was just reading.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: hombero

I just read a few and most say things like declining health, car accident and even one that said heart attack. It is true some just say passed away or died unexpectedly. These were just normal peoples obituaries.

Public figure obituaries most all mention the cause of death and location, it seems from what I was just reading.

Perhaps, because he was a public figure, and due to the relevant nature of his position, they are waiting to release the cause of death until it can be established with certainty: until, for example, after a full and official autopsy?

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Sound reasoning, could be.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Now, I just clicked the doc in question. Wanted to read the "83-step process", it's unreadable.

I must say, that is strange.

Thanks for posting it.

ETA - I clicked on it and saw what you posted. Cleared my browser and tried again and it is showing up now. Maybe they had to change something on it?

PDF

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

perfectly readable to me when I click on the link.

Maybe you need to update your reader software.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll
perfectly readable to me when I click on the link.
Maybe you need to update your reader software.

So good to know that. Shared it to see if someone else could figure it up. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Yeah. Microsoft Edge problem. I was able to read it with Google Chrome.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I recall seeing a list of dead scientists making the rounds around 2009/2010.
A lot of them were involved in biomedical research, vital transmission, etc....I'm on my mobile and cannot link, but do a search on list of dead scientists....makes a person think, hmmmmmmmmm

edit on 1/26/2020 by Cornczech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech

Exactly

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Marked for "maybes." Sometimes a death is just a death. Other times, somebody "knew too much."

Rest in Peace, Doc.

Let's keep watch for any suspicious patterns.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Sometimes they don’t announce anything about the death when it is a suicide. I guess out of respect for the family.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Lots of people die daily. 51 is common. You know getting to the age where the body is beginning to break down, you're more prone to heart attacks and diabetes etc.

I've honestly though about just picking random names from the local obituaries and making conspiracy posts about their deaths.

Like "John Smith 23 dies in car accident, being a apprentice mechanic was this the auto-industry trying to silence him?"

and then backing it up with nothing but what I can pull out of my backside. I mean why not? Why should only semi-famous and famous people get the spotlight?

Anything can be anything when you want it to be and try hard enough. Seriously does anyone even try anymore when it comes to conspiracies?

Starting to feel all it is these days is say something, anything to get noticed. ATS has become the 'Instagram' of the conspiracy world.
More quantity over quality these days. People chasing after rendered from pixel stars and little else.
edit on 27-1-2020 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join