It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Video of Trump Ordering the Ukraine Ambassador's Removal

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

So, you're saying the president can't fire ambassadors?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay Electronica

Yeah, weird that your President would just listen to some nobody guy to remove an Ambassador of of high standing without any inquiry. That's as low as low can get.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Yeah, weird that your President would just listen to some nobody guy to remove an Ambassador of of high standing without any inquiry. That's as low as low can get.

You have no idea that the President did not hear similar from other people.
For al you know aht he heard could have been in line with what he had heard from many others.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:17 AM
link   

LOL, this was supposed to be news? Trump gets told that this lady is not doing her job (enacting his foreign policy, faithfully) and he wanted her fired. Honestly, if you ask me, trump's biggest mistake was not cleaning house on day 1. All of the DoJ should have been canned. All of the ambassadors replaced. I don't think he knew quite how stupid and selfish these people are. He's used to being the boss, even if people don't like you, they do what you say because you'll fire them otherwise. Not so much in government. You got these unelected ideologues who think they should decide how things go.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Of course, she wasn't fired for another year. So I guess he didn't just listen to some nobody guy to remove her.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Son, you wouldn't know a patriot if one slapped you across the face.

Ironic coming from the guy who wants to execute people because he's angry.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay Electronica

[...]
About 42 minutes into the hour-long video, Parnas appears to say, “The biggest problem there, I think where we need to start, is we gotta get rid of the ambassador. She’s still left over from the Clinton administration.”

Trump then appears to say, “Where? The ambassador to Ukraine?”

Parnas replies, “Yes. She’s basically walking around telling everybody ‘Wait, he’s gonna get impeached, just wait.’”

A few seconds later, Trump appears to say, “Get rid of her! Get her out tomorrow. I don’t care. Get her out tomorrow. Take her out. OK? Do it.”

You can skip to 42 mins to save time

Starting a New Thread ?

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

Why waste all the bandwidth on something we all know??? We know Trump canned her...So what??? He doesn't even have to explain why...

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Would you people please get your news from some place other than the View???

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Is it not in his legal authority to do so? No issue when Obama fired dozens of ambassadors, in fact the mainstream articles call it a “clean slate” business as usual.

Should Obama be brought before Congress and tried? Retroactively impeached? Not sure what your point is with this OP.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I didn't hear an "order to remove her"

poor choice of words

He had a discussion to remove her but no order was made.

Regardless, what's the problem? He fired someone in which he was fully in his rights to do so.
edit on 28-1-2020 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
TLDR;

Obama notified all ambassadors before he took office they needed to resign or he’d replace them. FACT

All US Ambassadors serve at leisure of POTUS and can be removed at any time without cause. It’s an appointed position not a government job. There is a distinct difference. FACT

Trump’s mistake I’m sure he regrets now was not doing the same as Obama.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Oh wow, this has to be the most ignorant take ever. Good job. Let me dismantle it for you:

You know as much as the rest of us that donnie lies more than the average 4yr old (and cries more too).

Donald trump exaggerates and spins, rarely is it an outright lie. But the important part is; when it comes to campaign promises, trump has a record of keeping them far more than any president in the last 30 years. He has started on or kept ~80% of his campaign promises. Obama was 57%. GW was around 60% (but his numbers are tougher to find quickly due to technology changes). Do we even need to assess clinton, the perjurer?

Honestly I've never seen such a weak, thin skinned leader of a country in my life. A brief scan of his Twitter feed every day just shows how deeply insecure and weak he is.

This is simply your perception based on a view point that is incapable of understanding why trump does what he does. If you are a republican, you only get positive political press if you go against the republican agenda. If you push for the republican agenda, you get slandered continuously. GWB tried the strategy of being above the fray and not commenting on the slander, he exited office having lost republican control of congress and with an approval rating in the 20's. Trump fights back against the slander, not because he is weak or thin skinned, but because he's not willing to cede control of our country to evil democrats/globalists. They have been trying to drive trumps approval down with no avail, the media laments this, often.

Then all his snivelling sycophants say "omg u would be the same if the media called u names all the time!!!"

Well, I guess that might be true, maybe they do say that. IDK, but I didn't say that. I provided quite a different explanation.

Nope, because I'm not a weak little paper tiger who thinks the world owes me something.

You know until this line, I wasn't sure the most succinct way to put it but you've given me the words. It's because trump is not a paper tiger that he fights back. He isn't afraid to take on the media and establishment. He could easily just do what they want him to do, to avoid being bullied by them.

Plus I'd be too busy running the country to go crying all over twitter and posting fake polls

This country hasn't been in better shape for 50 years and he still has time to tweet all those "fake" polls. It's almost like he's more capable of being president than you would be, by your own admission.

telling people to read edited partial transcripts (while refusing to release actual transcripts).

Speaking of lies, you've just repeated one. It is a transcript with translation from a foreign language. Something like 30 people were on that call, none of them has said the transcript is inaccurate.

you're all too deeply buried into your own cognitive dissonance to say "actually yeah, he's turned into a complete flange.

The irony of this sentence, followed by this one is too much:

All he did is ride on the coat tails of Obama's economy, and give a tax break to the richest people in the country at our expense."

The economy was slowing back down under obama. Obama told us 1.5% growth was the new normal. Obama told us manufacturing jobs could never come back. Obama told us trump couldn't negotiate new trade deals. Obama told us trump would need a magic wand to do any better than obama had. Yet here we sit, with higher growth, more manufacturing jobs, the lowest unemployment rate in our history, a new USMCA trade deal, ongoing negotiations with china for a trade deal.

As for the tax break, 66% of americans got a tax cut. I guess if 2/3's of Americans are the richest people in the country then you're right, otherwise you're wrong. Not only that, the rich actually got a tax hike. NYT: Face it: you probably got a tax cut. Not only that but the rich pay most of the taxes in this country so saying they got a tax cut (when they didn't really) at our expense, when they pay most of the taxes, is just flat out wrong.

A patriot holds his leader to account. He does not follow blindly and bend over backwards to defend every single action the leader takes.

A patriot doesn't have leaders, he has representatives. At least in america, that's the case. Defending trump is holding our representatives to account. They want nothing more than to gut this country and sell it to the highest bidder to pocket the gains. Trump (nearly alone) stands in their way. A man needn't be perfect to deserve defending. Especially when that man is the only person trying and capable of fending off the locusts who would devour our bounty.

Also, no one in america could blindly follow trump, the media every day makes sure we're not blind. They attempt to overwhelm with negative information about trump, often times it is lies, but not always. Which makes us informed constituents backing the man we believe can do the job we need done. You simply don't like that. So, like don lemon, you sneer at us, call us dumb, anti-american, and partisan. We are none of those things. It is you who are all of those.

Shame on you.

When spoken into a mirror, it suits you.
edit on 29-1-2020 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Just curious, was the revolutionary war spawned out of love or anger?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
Just curious, was the revolutionary war spawned out of love or anger?

Who brought up the Revolution?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I did. But nice distraction. That quote is about anger, which you brought up.
edit on 29-1-2020 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
I did. But nice distraction. That quote is about anger, which you brought up.

The anger isn't on my part, however. I'm not all unhinged because Trumpy Bear is on video.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: elDooberino

So, you're saying the president can't fire ambassadors?

I think is what is trying to be relayed here is that the President is easily lead by any asshole.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Considering he didn't fire her for another year, seems like a pretty weak argument. Hilarious that Parnas was kicked out of the capitol due to his ankle bracelet, though.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I hope your not the REAL Jay Electronica.

If so, SMH. Sad sad sad.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join