It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Use this weekend wisely

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I think the soonest that we will see people in the US that were not in China coming down with the virus is a week from now. It may be a week and a half. If we see that happening, we then need to be prepared for a global pandemic.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Trueman
I looked for them on Amazon and multiple vendors are all sold out. Taiwan is banning their export.
Things are moving fast indeed.

I ordered N95 yesterday, got estimate delivery by Feb 4.

www.amazon.com...

For what's it worth, my local home depot still had these in stock. Their site said otherwise, but when I went to the store to look, there were still a few multi-packs available.

I'll probably never need them, but if I do, I have them.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The news just came on TV...FIRST thing mentioned? Kobe Bryant.....Now, I KNOW the media LOVES to fear monger.....so why not THIS time? I think there are a LOT more deaths than what is being reported......100% I too didn't pay attention when all the other viruses started killing people....but this one is different. After visiting Shanghai and seeing with my own eyes the sheer number of human beings stuffed onto buses, crosswalks and just about EVERYWHERE...then viewing those videos in Wuhan where there is hardly ANYONE.....like a ghost town....that did it for me....China would NOT quarantine millions and essentially shut down its economy for a mere "flu virus"....

originally posted by: CthruU
a reply to: loam

The true death count is 10.000 , yes ten thousand and rising.

I do not wish to break the trust of my source but if you search hard enough there is a story divulging this fact for those interested in the truth.

This is why tens of millions are effectively in lockdown, and why the rush is on to build a massive mourge (i mean hospital) within 10 days that will in the end become a massive crematorium.

By no means is this a event of little consequence, this will go down in the history books and then some.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
We bought about 5 pack of those masks too.....just in case. This is a time I am going to use my anti-social PTSD to my advantage and STAY HOME with my books and PC...…
We are going to get rice, beans, etc later this week.....can't hurt to be prepared......

I looked for them on Amazon and multiple vendors are all sold out. Taiwan is banning their export.

www.amazon.com...

For what's it worth, my local home depot still had these in stock. Their site said otherwise, but when I went to the store to look, there were still a few multi-packs available.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I can tell you, ending day 5 of this, it has made its way back a little on both the Wife and I. Lots of dizziness and feeling nauseous and flu thoughts as well as weird smell and taste. The coughing is under control today, so that's good. I know my Wife was having more issues with tightness in her chest, so that's worrying. She's finally made an appointment for tomorrow. The energy has been very low throughout although today was able to catch up on some much needed sleep.
Man, as I said to my Wife, when we finally conquer this here flu we're gonna have to get us a couple of "I survived the Wu-Tang flu, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" shirts.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
a reply to: ARM1968

No, I'm pretty sure the Wife and I both had/have it. That's for sure. You're free to downplay it all you want but we definitely had it.

then are you sure because if ya had it and got over it that fast maybe you two should call the CDC and let them get antibodies from you two? you could be rich.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

I hate to be that guy but i suggest you go to the Nearest CDC/hospital then for your own good.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Again, all BS aside, I know this is a flu I have...but its the damnedest flu I've ever had. I've never had one act like this.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Again, all BS aside, I know this is a flu I have...but its the damnedest flu I've ever had. I've never had one act like this.

OK. if its not im going to haunt you lol.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Its just...strange to be abke to do things in the middle of it. I;m really having troubles with dizzienss today. And oh man, ketchup smells wicked disgusting.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I find it odd that with all the travel from China to the US that the count in the US of those infected is 5 and seems to have stayed there for a day or so.

Its more astonishing the number of flights occurring around China right now according to Flight Aware.

Heard via Twitter a Harvard Doctor say the R0 is closer to 4-5... spanish flu was 1.8. When the mortality rate is shown to be 20% or more with that R0 and all this travel still happening we are all in big trouble!

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

Spanish flu was 1.8 in the US and UK. It was 10% world wide. Some places it was up to 40%. If china has a mortality rate of 2-3%, figure you cut it in half in the US and UK. Could still be millions dead depending on how many it infects, but it's not all that similar to spanish flu in mortality rate unless china is providing world class care.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I can tell you, ending day 5 of this, it has made its way back a little on both the Wife and I. Lots of dizziness and feeling nauseous and flu thoughts as well as weird smell and taste. The coughing is under control today, so that's good. I know my Wife was having more issues with tightness in her chest, so that's worrying. She's finally made an appointment for tomorrow. The energy has been very low throughout although today was able to catch up on some much needed sleep.
Man, as I said to my Wife, when we finally conquer this here flu we're gonna have to get us a couple of "I survived the Wu-Tang flu, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" shirts.

There was a really nasty upper respiratory infection that bounced across the country last year - it wasn't flu, but it had some odd - and dangerous symptoms - heavy, thick mucus in the lungs, terrible coughing, and very commonly, odd neuro effects, like loss of memory and depression symptoms. It started here on the East Coast, but I talked to co-workers and relatives in Texas and California, and it sounded like the same thing. It was a bit scary, b/c I could easily see it killing older people or people in poor health. I never even heard it identified - but after a month or so, seems doctors were immediately treating with anti-inflammatories.

Point is - in recent years, there are some pretty pernicious viral infections that aren't flu, so no immunizations, and they seem to be getting worse in their effect as our population density increases.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The coronavirus current death toll is at 106 with 4500 confirmed cases in 18 country's worldwide with the vast majority inside china at 98%.

CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths annually since 2010 in the United States.

The fatality rate for influenza ranges from 0.1% (average year) up to 2.5% (1918 Pandemic). SARS was more deadly with a fatality rate of 9.6%. H1N1 influenza (swine flu) had high morbidity but low mortality rates at 1% to 4%. West Nile virus had an estimated 3 - 15% fatality rate. Ebola has an estimated fatality rate from 25 - 90% averaging at 50%. Smallpox's fatality rate is 30 - 40%. Diptheria is 5 - 10%. Polio in children 2 - 5% adults 15 - 30%. Measles 0.1% - 0.2% in the west and 10% - 15% in developing countries.

It's too early to accurately determine the average coronavirus fatality rate but comparing the 4500 confirmed cases with the current death toll of 106 suggests that the fatality rate is approximately 2%.

What this suggests is that the Wuhan coronavirus is comparable to common influenza. The primary difference is that there is not yet a vaccine for it. But, consider that the rate of vaccination of influenza has ranged from 19% - 60%. Fear has been propagated with statements that the coronavirus causes pneumonia. Taken out of the context that all flu has the potential to cause pneumonia and that there is no appreciable difference between this outbreak of coronavirus and a typical year of influenza when it comes to contracting pneumonia. I will concede that it is too early to make completely accurate projections for the overall impact of the Wuhan coronavirus. One puzzling aspect so far is the thankful lack of child victims. Usually, children, with less developed immune systems than adults come down with one illness after another. A particularly severe example is RSV viral pneumonia, which results in an estimated 118,200 child deaths annually. (Adults are not seriously affected.)

Overall, I would suggest that this appears to be a non-story. There are no facts or statistics released concerning a transmission rate or different symptoms or even an elevated fatality rate that demonstrates any differences from the yearly influenza season. It represents similar fearmongering that has been increasing every couple of years in the media. Aside from increasing attention towards news outlets who have been experiencing steady declines in viewership, I suspect that this may suggest an ongoing campaign to promote mass vaccination. I anticipate this to continue and presume that there will be further media sensations arising periodically in the years to come.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CthruU
The YouTube blogger in Wuhan noted how wet things were on his way to the local market store. My question for your source is does he/she know how long that Wu Flu bug is persistent on a dry surface?? Mersa seems to hold the record, but wet soggy cities are bad news all around. Virae seem to be mostly fragile, and that's a ray of sunshine, in all of this. And next, is Southeastern China going into it's Monsoon Season, now??

There were rabbit fevers around Centennial, Co. in the thirties, where you needed to wash a flat tire with soap and water, before you changed it for your spare. Orientals take off their slippers before entering their abodes, but now you may have to dunk the footwear in some kind of anti viral dip, to stop what you walked through on your way home, from wiping out your entire household.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

www.amazon.com...

If you keep them dry they will last essentially forever. I put mine in Ziplock bags but if you want you can also use one of those food vacume bags as well.

The N95's are in each of the car 72 hour kits, the INCH bags, the main survival gear etc as you never know when it will come in handy (fires, etc)
edit on 1/29/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Thanks for that info. As I understand it, these are essentially one time use.

What I'm not clear about is how long they can be used during a single outing. I'm guessing just a couple of hours?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
N95 Paint Sanding Respirator is used for non-harmful dusts from sanding, grinding, sawing and insulating particles. It has no value in preventing viral-transmission.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: StevieSFV

Not perfect, but far cry from 'no value':

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Day 7 and man, the head pressure is off the charts. Neck must be supported for fear it locks up after a few minutes in one position. Painful. Still very dizzy and somewhat disoriented which ebbs and flows back and forth. Pains all over body. Though the coughing was under control until I tried laying down this morning and coughed until I tasted a little blood. The antibiotics work so far as to break up the spooze in the cough for an amount of time. The routine has been Vits, antibiotic, Allegra and then cold and cough syrup to finish off the day. It's slowly but surely right now, for both the Wife and I.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join