It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Use this weekend wisely

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

There's always someone trying to capitalize on fear.

The social/political situation in China is no different than it's been for years. The CCP relies on absolute control to keep their population in line, not having a strong grip over the situation would be a reflection of the CCP's lack of control, that's why they are choosing to lockdown various cities to contain the spread of this virus. Especially in light of what happened with SARS, they don't want to repeat their mistakes.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What are some good proactive ways I could keep my 10 month old daughter safe? New dad alert 🚨 my wife and her are flying from East coast to west coast and I don’t want to take no chances on this one. Baby mask maybe? What else? Any recommendations?

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I read most of what people wrote. Stock up on soap. Plan to sit in separate rooms of the house from each other. Plan to stay at home on your property. Plan that schools and colleges are going to send kids home. Learn to stop shaking hands at work, stay at home in your bedroom if you are sick. Go less places, use wet wipe to touch ATM or other places you pay, wipe TV remotes and shopping carts. Ask cashiers to hand sanitizer between customer orders. Stay away from sick prople. Don't eat at buffets, if at college cafeterias use hand sanitizer before you eat. Stay back from the Asians population.... you don't know where they were at Christmas and New Years. Put hand sanitizer in your cars cup holder. Don't touch your eyes, nose or mouth with out a tissue. Realize that all the vaccine companies have this as their #1 priority, around the world all the doctors are working on this now. Top priority. Stop going to organized crowd events...church, weddings, graduations, movies, airplanes, trains, concerts, etc. Sit out side and read more to get vitamin d and de stress/ de germ. Prayers to everyone!
edit on 26-1-2020 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

edit on 26-1-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: moneymakingmitch cancel trip.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

edit on 26-1-2020 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I know this may seem cruel but... Maybe its time to nuke wuhan with a gamma bomb. It it starts to look like its going wildfire and going to break containment the chinese need to consider it.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: moneymakingmitch
What are some good proactive ways I could keep my 10 month old daughter safe? New dad alert 🚨 my wife and her are flying from East coast to west coast and I don’t want to take no chances on this one. Baby mask maybe? What else? Any recommendations?

I don't want to sound rude but I believe the instant you set foot in that airport, you are taking a substantial risk.

Just my opinion, travel safely.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack

originally posted by: CthruU

The true death count is 10.000 , yes ten thousand and rising.

I do not wish to break the trust of my source but if you search hard enough there is a story divulging this fact for those interested in the truth.

This is why tens of millions are effectively in lockdown, and why the rush is on to build a massive mourge (i mean hospital) within 10 days that will in the end become a massive crematorium.

By no means is this a event of little consequence, this will go down in the history books and then some.

AHHH yes, break the trust of your source, You claim thousands of lives are lost but yet don't want to break that trust of a source..

it's Pamela Geller on her website... so, you know... not a real source. and definitely not a reliable one. and she posted it on her own website so i highly doubt you confirming that will "break her trust".

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I think when that happens we will all know how real this is. Nuke it from orbit...

The scary part is with Ebola it was a small country in Africa. Containment to be honest is pretty easy. Not much travel.
This has the ability to be a full blown pandemic with quite a few dead.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I remember when someone told me that about y2k......

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   

China needs a win. That's why they quarantined. There will be a treatment method released soon with victorious triumph, trumpeted by dictator Xi. It's a manufactured crisis. The mortality rate is steady if declining slightly (was 2.7%, now 2.6%) Almost entirely in vulnerable populations (elderly in poor health, slow to get care). Unless there is a massive cover up happening this is a nothing burger. A new, slightly more potent strain of the flu.

BUT, it's never a bad idea to be ready. Check your supplies, make sure you have what you need. If this is nothing, it doesn't mean it will always be nothing.
edit on 27-1-2020 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Too late for that. If the reports are true, containment isn't possible. You can't contain an illness that is contagious during the incubation period unless you know right when it breaks out. The flu is contagious 1-2 days before symptoms, think of how much that spreads. If this is contagious 8 days before, there's simply nothing you can do. Especially now. People who had it got on flights, went through airports, rode in cabs, went to school/work, visited the store, went on vacation. They did all those things not feeling sick at all and not knowing they were contagious.

The good news is, the mortality rate of it isn't absurdly high. It's like a (modern) bad flu season. 800 people in the US died from the flu in a single week at the beginning of January. So far we are nearly to 4,000 deaths from the flu this season. Sicknesses happen, people die from them. There's just not a lot we can do.

If you experience pneumonia symptoms (look em up) go to the doc or the hospital, especially if you're over 55 or under 5. That's really all you can do. Keep your body going while it fights off the infection. That's how you survive these viruses. Take extra good care of yourself if you get sick, don't take it lightly, work on getting better (through rest, fluid, vitamins, and symptom management meds).

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Well, since everyone is speaking on this with ultimate and utmost authority...I, along with my Wife, already had it. It was Tues night, and we both got slammed at the exact same time. I remember my Wife coughing a bit that day and by the end of it, my body had bent right over and let it do its thing. All those extra vits and crap be damned. Cold symps, flu symps, respiratory infec symps, a lot of coughing. Gotta say though, by Sat the worst had come and gone. So, looks like we're both Wu-Flu certified now ba-bay, YEAH! And it wasnt so bad so....chin up! Its not as bad as some might have you think! You can do this!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: moneymakingmitch

Of course going through an airport or on a plane is not going to be safe... BUT if you have to do it, get one of those car seat covers and keep it closed as much as possible. Don't let people look at or touch your baby. Sanitize your hands often. Wear a mask yourself, this is key because if you get it, you'll be the biggest risk to the baby. It's easy to keep people away from your baby for a few hours, it's not so easy to stay away from your baby for 2-3 weeks yourself. As such, precautions to make sure you don't get it are just as important as precautions to make sure your baby doesn't.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

How do you know you had this? Did you get tested?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Because my Wife and I both had it. I mean pshhhhhhhh....duh!

Look, I'm honestly half joking here. Our symptoms followed the Wu symptoms, and it certainly wasn't a flu, flu. I haven't had the flu for 10 years, and while we may have carried it for a small amount of time, when it hit, it was maybe an hour or 2 until it was flat out. Neither of us went to a doc because, TBH, it never reached the point of needing anything other than over the counter meds. I will say, neither of us are completely over it yet, so I guess it could come back with a second strike...but as a "flu" goes, this was probably the weakest I've ever had.
edit on 27-1-2020 by BoscoMoney because: serious in depth discussion

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
a reply to: Dfairlite

Because my Wife and I both had it. I mean pshhhhhhhh....duh!

Look, I'm honestly half joking here. Our symptoms followed the Wu symptoms, and it certainly wasn't a flu, flu. I haven't had the flu for 10 years, and while we may have carried it for a small amount of time, when it hit, it was maybe an hour or 2 until it was flat out. Neither of us went to a doc because, TBH, it never reached the point of needing anything other than over the counter meds. I will say, neither of us are completely over it yet, so I guess it could come back with a second strike...but as a "flu" goes, this was probably the weakest I've ever had.

You did not have the Coronavirus that’s for sure, not the one emanating from China anyway. That is a different beast. People are free to downplay this as much as they like. However, China slamming its own weakened economy, the CCP leadership evacuating ALL senior members to an island, quarantine of over 100 million people and rising and its a nothing burger? Well, ok then. Mysterious fear in China then. Difficult to explain really. It’s almost like they know what they are dealing with and are more than a little worried about it. Recent Lancet paper suggesting mortality rate of 15%. I think it is wise to prepare and HOPE nothing comes of it. That’s just me though.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

No, I'm pretty sure the Wife and I both had/have it. That's for sure. You're free to downplay it all you want but we definitely had it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join