It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all the members go?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
a reply to: MRinder

Everybody treats everyone like they're in the mudpit. It's impossible to post something about aliens, paranormal stuff, or anything without getting ridiculed for it. The is no decorum anymore.

Thread starters have gotten lazy, too. Like, hey watch this YouTube video lazy.

Nail on the head here^^^

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   

As so many others have said: Politics. I've been on here a while and visited it before joining and since Trump became President it has literally been one of the only subjects talked about on the site and it became very boring. It was always the same thing, someone accused Trump of something and then it was an endless stream of "No he didn't" or "Yes he did" so basically Orange Man Bad and it just became boring so I think people are looking for alternative sites for conspiracy related stuff. It's a shame because I used to love coming on here and reading about the latest conspiracy etc but now but for one or two posts it's almost all politics and while I do enjoy a political debate its just became stale at this point.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Thank all the people who spammed this board 24/7 with all the Trump tripe and incited political wars. Remember about a year or 2 ago.... They were off their heads>>>

It's xuenchen(id love to see him especially disagree) and careguy and the other one... And the legal team support whom always provide the adhom and personal attacks with the slightest hint of criticism.

Even the owners of the site just said F it...

Heck, even the mods slowly took a back seat, the only two on here regularly are just here to regulate the Trump echo chamber, as in enforce it.

No special guests, no more special programs, nothing for the users anymore.
.. They just let the flammers flame and employed more intrusive pop up ads. Kaching! Why not 🔥🔥 = money💵💵💸💸💶

There are exceptions, Grambler et al whom at least have some substance in their arguments, albeit Trump related.

edit on 25-1-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Ummm...what a load of twaddle...

Of the...SIXTY...threads in the new thread column...there are only...EIGHT...threads about politics...

Perhaps all you whiners...need to click on some of those other threads...you know...the FIFTY TWO...other threads about everything under the sun that isn’t politics...

Instead...you all whine about those few threads where politics are discussed...and scroll on by the majority of the site...

Instead of whining about the lack of content you want to see...how about you all author some threads about whatever it is that you think your lacking here...

Somehow...I bet you all just jump in another thread whining about lack of content...while providing none yourself...

Typical really...

Be the change you want to see...or just continue to piss and moan on the sidelines...

Me...

I’m checking out the other...FIFTY TWO...threads in just the new thread forum that are all about everything under the sun that is not politics oriented...

“Deny Ignorance”

YouSir

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...what a load of twaddle...

Of the...SIXTY...threads in the new thread column...there are only...EIGHT...threads about politics...

Perhaps all you whiners...need to click on some of those other threads...you know...the FIFTY TWO...other threads about everything under the sun that isn’t politics...

Instead...you all whine about those few threads where politics are discussed...and scroll on by the majority of the site...

Instead of whining about the lack of content you want to see...how about you all author some threads about whatever it is that you think your lacking here...

Somehow...I bet you all just jump in another thread whining about lack of content...while providing none yourself...

Typical really...

Be the change you want to see...or just continue to piss and moan on the sidelines...

Me...

I’m checking out the other...FIFTY TWO...threads in just the new thread forum that are all about everything under the sun that is not politics oriented...

“Deny Ignorance”

YouSir

He based his opinion on a glaring trend from the last couple of years on here, you base your rebuttal based on 'new threads you just clicked on a random day'... And you're the one who's denying ignorance and called his op tripe...

All based on you just 'clicking new thread' and felt compelled that was enough to refute the claim.... Keep 'denying ignorance'

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Ummm...the only glaring trend I’ve observed...are people of your tripe...who based their entire existence on...”Orange man bad”...tied your coat tails to that crazy train...and left the site...because they couldn’t bear the truth that their house of cards they’d built...crumbled...

The ones that left...were too heavily invested in propaganda...and when it was proven their ideology was based on illusion and lies...they couldn’t face the truth and went into hiding...

The entirety of the OP’s rant...was about...”too much politics spoiled the broth”...

I merely pointed out that the percent of political threads on any given day is minuscule compared to the woo fighter and other conspiracy/other threads that have nothing to do with politics...

So...your glaring trend is a molehill at the base of a mountain of other content...that was always here...just ignored and scrolled on by...

So...allow me to attempt to deny...your ignorance...

If such can honestly be accomplished...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I author many non-political threads and know from experience if it isn't about the broken state of American politics the chances are they'll gain a few replies then fade to obscurity , mud pit political threads garner many pages of replies because it's easier to chide and disparage than debate or speculate.

As I do try to be the change can I also continue to piss and moan ?

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Sure sure... Personal attacks, bypass facts, and ipso facto, you win the argument...

You win the internet

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I author many non-political threads and know from experience if it isn't about the broken state of American politics the chances are they'll gain a few replies then fade to obscurity , mud pit political threads garner many pages of replies because it's easier to chide and disparage than debate or speculate.

As I do try to be the change can I also continue to piss and moan ?

Ummm...absolutely...

Look...I get it...I’ve authored well over one hundred threads...and some received no comment at all...I stopped contributing and making threads when members complained that they didn’t like the style or format in which I chose to share my thoughts...so I don’t author threads any more...that’s why I troll so damned much...I got that loud and clear message...

I’ve tried to elicit conversation about things I have a real interest in...but my threads are generally from my own distilled experience...not sourced and compiled from somebody else’s work...

Frankly...I’ve learned that not a lot of people care to discuss who...what...how...and why they are...

That’s what I like to discuss...the human condition...and my observations along those lines...

But I get it...it can be a struggle opening up to complete strangers...about how we really are...all on the inside...
And all those messy ingredients that constitute individuality...

I do appreciate your contributions to this site...you have a unique mind and I always read your work...I always value your contributions...

Please continue to piss and moan...I do that frequently myself...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Sure sure... Personal attacks, bypass facts, and ipso facto, you win the argument...

You win the internet

Ummm...if you don’t like my opinion...then just scroll on by whatever I contribute...

Your the one that placed yourself in the position your in...you chose the side you represent...

Because your side lost the argument...fabricated evidence...falsified documents...pushed propaganda...invented news out of innuendo and thin air...

Then when you have no face left to save...you slink off into the shadows...

That’s what happened during these last three years...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

My side huh..

Ah yes. Tip top

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

My side huh..

Ah yes. Tip top

Ummm...your posting history...

Ah yes...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

you're either with Trump or against us.. Yowzah. Banana Republic is in full effect..

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

you're either with Trump or against us.. Yowzah. Banana Republic is in full effect..

Ummm...not at all...I don’t give a rats ass which side of any divide you place yourself on...

I’ve got no skin in any game...

I would like to see some honesty though...some admittance that the Mueller side show was based on fabrication and lies...that this impeachment circus is the same bad actors using the same worn script...

However...I’m certainly not holding my breath...because...frankly...those mea culpas never come...

Instead...those ardent defenders of untruth...just slink away into the night...tails tucked...never to be seen again...

That’s what happens when a worldview based on fabrication finally dissolves...the perpetrators and their sycophants studiously avoid any reconciliation with anyone who saw through the delusion...

I would truly love to have anyone...admit they were wrong...that they labored under gullibility...

But that’s asking way too much...isn’t it...

Soldier on brother...don’t let me stand in the way of your world view...cause you’ve obviously got it all figured out...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

You're either for freedom or against it.

Those that are against freedom do not indulge in debate because, well, they are against the free expression of ideas.

So they go elsewhere, where their biases are confirmed.

Or, it could just be that the zombies got them.

Either/or.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I'm not sure where they went, but I understand why they went. There is very little discussion these days. Lots of echo chamber chatter... and lots of personal attacks... lots of snide comments about other posters... but little thoughtful and reasonable discussion.

In the last week I have been called a "hater" for daring to criticize how Harry and Meghan have gone about their separation from the Royal family and their royal duties, and accused of willfully ignoring racism that just wasn't there. I have been called a pedophile defender and apologist for daring to distinguish between a consenting 17-year-old (which is LEGAL) and the forcible violent assault of a prepubescent child, and to demand actual evidence of any wrongdoing by Prince Andrew rather than condemn him on the word of one woman. I was mocked for wanting evidence of a crime. Over the years, I have been called both a Feminazi manhater AND a misogynistic handmaiden. I've been called both a leftwing AND rightwing nut (or something similar) because I took a similar position on a single issue. I've been called a homophobe, transphobe and the oh-so-dreadful TERF because I refuse to re-define "sex" and "woman", but I've also been told I'm doing the Devil's work for not condemning gays and gay marriage. I've been called Boomer, pensioner, and wrinkled old hag by the uber sensitive younger generation who think I'm going to melt like them because the mean person on the internet said mean things to me. I could go on, of course.... as could so many other ATSers...

The worst of it is that never do the above type posters address the legitimate and relevant points being made or addressed. Even when explicitly asked multiple times.

Now, obviously, people can think what they will of me and everyone. I don't really care. The thing is, overall, it's just tedious and boring. I'm here for discussion, exchanging information and ideas and knowledge. Sometimes I actually feel dumber for having read an OP... or worse, I just feel dirty and tainted. There is little to nothing to learn or appreciate from too many posters here today. Nothing to challenge my reasoning or logic or me. (No, insults are not a challenge. Any five-year-old can talk trash.) For too many, there is no interest in considering other possibilities or following other tangents because they have everything and everyone all figured out already.... well, unless the tangents are Q directed of course.

There are still some ATS gems here, and hopefully always will be, but I expect more and more are finding better ways to spend their time and energy. I know I don't blame them. I've been cultivating and working some new interests and projects myself. ATS has been good to me these many years, and I will never regret my time here. I'm not going anywhere yet, because I have at least one more thread I feel compelled to write... But all good things must come to an end...

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted
Politics has killed ATS. Plain and simple.

There are great minds here...but we can't survive the polarisation. It sucks.

There is a lot of history here that's not being accounted for. Things ain't that simple. What follows is merely a deeper scratch on the surface.

The polarization happened when Political Correctness was promoted at ATS ... and the mods banned some great members. I think when that happened (which was back in mid 2014), the course was set.

Then, there were a couple more purges of really cool people who grouped together and had great conversations. And they went off and tried to create other forums that failed.

And then there was the great Moderator purge that looked like someone was sticking ATS with a fork.

Now you're left with Moderator Snipers who'll ban you by tracking down a couple of old posts that are 'maybe' against the T&Cs. Violation + Violation + Violation ... and another one bites the dust.

And who are they taking out? Not the guys who've made zero posts. We're talking about people who've made thousands and thousands of posts to the boards. People who have established a reputation ... who have zero interest in trying to re-build an account that was was just arbitrarily squashed by some a-hole on a power trip.

That's why ATS isn't what it used to be. It's not about Politics. That's just the excuse ... the flavor of the day. Things got bad because people were told to 'behave' all the time. People aren't like that. They don't behave all the time. And the moderators had a major hand in wrecking the site by running off all the people who made ATS so interesting. Call that a Spade.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Thing is that the most prominent conspiracy now is dominating this board and the truth of this conspiracy has become well known to most here at this point. Further discussion here is like the democratic strategy exhibited in the Senate now. It's beating the dead horse at this point. The conspiracy I'm referring to that we are all aware of is political in nature and it deals with the subversive nature of vain narcissist of the opposing party to pursue illegal means to attempt to pull off a coup to remove a duly elected president and further degrade and destroy the constitutional rule of law at the heart of this republic.

This is the conspiracy of the century and it has been completely exposed and found to be a conspiracy no more at this point. It has become fact.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
The conspiracy I'm referring to that we are all aware of is political in nature and it deals with the subversive nature of vain narcissist of the opposing party to pursue illegal means to attempt to pull off a coup to remove a duly elected president and further degrade and destroy the constitutional rule of law at the heart of this republic.

This is the conspiracy of the century and it has been completely exposed and found to be a conspiracy no more at this point. It has become fact.

That conspiracy is covering for the politicians stealing our tax dollars and putting them into the pockets of the children.
And that one is covering up the conspiracy of the pedo elites.
Enter the plague (WuFlu) that's gonna kill us all as the latest in the string of distractions.

ATS should be a thriving community.
Loads of material here!!

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I miss the old ATS.

I check in once and a while but it's not the same as it once was.

This is my first post in many years.

edit on 1 25 2020 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join