It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weaponised Corona Virus Released During Peak Travel Period?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Death from Spanish flue , was estimated to be from ten to twenty percent of those who contacted it. It was about five per cent in Britain probably because better nutrition and care compared to nations where food was scarcer and immune systems more compromised. Strange as far as these things go , 1720 1820 1920 were good years for pandemics. The twenties seem popular. Some nursing sources claim that taking a teaspoon of Bicarb a day stopped, the deaths. Might be something there if you get a dose.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don’t fear this virus. I realize I am supposed to, but it’s not my style. If it happens it happens.

In a study that was done shortly before the outbreak started it was surmised that if the virus was released to the public it could possibly kill 65 million worldwide. The 1918 Spanish flu killed 50 million.

Scared yet?

OK, so how many people were in the world when the Spanish Flu took its 50 million? Hint ... it was a LOT less than we have today.

And international travel was NOTHING like it is today.. thats why pandemics are spooky.

link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
Yes, there was that live animal market in Wuhan... the city where the virus originated....but there is also China's only pathogen research/storage facility capable of safely storing and handling the corona virus located in Wuhan as well.
And in a society such as China's, a technician who may have inadvertently made a mistake that allowed the virus to be released would be reluctant to come forward immediately and admit what happened.

Other animals advertised at this 'live wet" market: koala, peacock, salamander, donkey, wolf cub, ostrich, turtle, dog, camel, badger, crocodile. Is the market the source of disease (Chinese have loved their exotics for centuries) or a more likely contamination from the Bio-Weapons Laboratory IN WUHAN, Chinese are now spinning a possible American sabotage attempt.
edit on 24-1-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Because the people who designed the virus - already have the vaccinations.

Pretty simple that, right Mr. & Mrs. Gates?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well, It could be, but perhaps this is more a case of poor systems and processes within the PLA's germ warfare division and stuff is getting out.
edit on 1/24/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Well that didnt take long for them to blame us...

Then again, china IS our biggest threat ( even though they want us to believe its Russia and Iran... )

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

I don’t fear this virus. I realize I am supposed to, but it’s not my style. If it happens it happens.

In a study that was done shortly before the outbreak started it was surmised that if the virus was released to the public it could possibly kill 65 million worldwide. The 1918 Spanish flu killed 50 million.

Scared yet?

OK, so how many people were in the world when the Spanish Flu took its 50 million? Hint ... it was a LOT less than we have today.

And international travel was NOTHING like it is today.. thats why pandemics are spooky.

Yes, it was. The World Wars caused mass people movements on a magnitude and scale that approaches what we do today. All the big railway stations like Times Square were built to handle the logistics of large scale, rapid movement of large numbers of men. That we still were using ships for overseas only inconvenienced it slightly.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Scared yet?

Yes, it was. The World Wars caused mass people movements on a magnitude and scale that approaches what we do today. All the big railway stations like Times Square were built to handle the logistics of large scale, rapid movement of large numbers of men. That we still were using ships for overseas only inconvenienced it slightly.

During the Spanish Flu era travel was NOTHING like it is now! The sheer amount of people traveling constantly now is something you cant compare to that era... and the population is larger now... it was NOTHING like it is today. The possibility for international spread at an incredible and rapid rate is by far more than during the Spanish flu.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Scared yet?

During the Spanish Flu era travel was NOTHING like it is now! The sheer amount of people traveling constantly now is something you cant compare to that era... and the population is larger now... it was NOTHING like it is today. The possibility for international spread at an incredible and rapid rate is by far more than during the Spanish flu.

Which MEANS the extent of the Spanish Flu was --to use the word properly for a change -- retarded compared to today due to a lower population despite being a sharply more virulent strain. That does not mean travel was lesser, only the numbers of people to come across were. Travel breadth didn't have much to do with it. Volume of people overall does.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Scared yet?

Which MEANS the extent of the Spanish Flu was --to use the word properly for a change -- retarded compared to today due to a lower population despite being a sharply more virulent strain. That does not mean travel was lesser, only the numbers of people to come across were. Travel breadth didn't have much to do with it. Volume of people overall does.

Am I not speaking English??? We just said the same thing..

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

It's a new strain of the common cold... this has happened many time throughout history. The more it spreads the less deadly it gets. People are freaking out for no reason. People should be more worried about car accidents and the flu right now to be honest.
edit on 24-1-2020 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

a reply to: vethumanbeing
Well that didnt take long for them to blame us...
Then again, china IS our biggest threat ( even though they want us to believe its Russia and Iran... )

Has China officially joined the new "Axis Powers" group of losers: existing members including Iran, North Korea, Russia?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Scared yet?

Am I not speaking English??? We just said the same thing..

Same thing, somewhat, yes. Intended meaning, absolutely not. You're twisting it in a different direction to try to discredit Ket. I am not. You insinuated it had limited spread because of less travel -- I'm saying it was ripping along just fine not because of less travel, but because 6 degrees of separation. Edit: And let's not forget 1918 era sanitation, general heath, malnutrition, ect, ect. People had shorter lives even just 100 years ago for a reason.
People traveled around a lot back then whether you want to admit it or not, you only think they didn't because the global population was a lot less than today. That leads to a false impression of less people = less movement. It wasn't the stone age, they traveled around. Hell, even in the stone age, they traveled around. BUT, there were less people all together in 1918 compared to 2020. It still ripped through populations. In short, your point is moot at best.
edit on 1/24/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Yep, a Novel, virus no big deal, guess as long as no one we know or love or ourself does not suffer from it or die from it, it’s nothing to worry about.

I get it.

Kinda like the thinking it can never happen to me approach.

edit on 24-1-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: strongfp

Yep, a Novel, virus no big deal, guess as long as no one we know or love or ourself does not suffer from it or die from it, it’s nothing to worry about.

I get it.

Kinda like the thinking it can never happen to me approach.

What kind of definition of "novel" do you think they mean here? Calling it a "novel virus" is calling it new/never seen before. Not novel in the sense that it's just mildly amusing.

We tend to overuse multi-meaning words in English. I think "novel" is a good example of that, the proper definition isn't well-understood by everyday people anymore.
edit on 1/24/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Know how many times I have heard folks predict stuff such as this in my long years ?
Know how many times it was claimed "biological warfare" on people ?
Know the percentage of failed predictions ?

Was there actually one pointing close to this one?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kocag

originally posted by: Gothmog
Know how many times I have heard folks predict stuff such as this in my long years ?
Know how many times it was claimed "biological warfare" on people ?
Know the percentage of failed predictions ?

Was there actually one pointing close to this one?

I think his point was....why isn't Humanity extinct yet from MERS, SARS, Ebola, Avian Flu, Swine Flu, etc yet? They were all predicted to be virulent, and kill high numbers globally, yet never did.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Novel as in our immune system cannot fight it...

Because it’s NEW.

UM ok..

I dunno about you but I a, guessing most of us don’t want a virus our immune system cannot fight....

🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️ I dunno humanity does not surprise me much anymore thou.. just calling a spade a spade, it’s a NOVEL VIRUS...

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: Nyiah

Novel as in our immune system cannot fight it...

Because it’s NEW.

UM ok..

I dunno about you but I a, guessing most of us don’t want a virus our immune system cannot fight....

🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️ I dunno humanity does not surprise me much anymore thou.. just calling a spade a spade, it’s a NOVEL VIRUS...

Fine, so you did mean it in proper context here, the way you responded to the other poster read much more like you thought he found it funny or something.

Get your panties out of there and settle down. It's a cold virus, we have plenty of immune experience with them. Just because it's new doesn't mean there is not previous interactions for the immune system to pull from & work with. I am NOT basing any doomsday predictions on this from people in China, where the smog is so thick it can be cut with a knife and the rice grains are plastic. These people are weakening themselves already, so if a particularly bad COLD is what does them in while the rest of the world is just miserable, there's a lesson to be learned over there.
edit on 1/24/2020 by Nyiah because: typos.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
You all are ignoring the white elephant.

There is level 4 bio research facility in Wuhan. Which had SARS research going on since 2015 IIRC. For sure since 2017 thy had SARS research there, China even bragged about it to Nature.com with the WHO helping China build it.

And the kicker is they moved the SARS research there because the kept accidentally releasing it in Beijing from the lab there.

And though I can’t find an article ATM, Wuhan is seriously underwater financially with govt debt that is impossible to repay. It was always talked about openly in China as of last year when I moved back to states.

What a way to test our new toy virus, blame it on an animal meat market, quarantine it when it gets out of control, wipe the Wuhan debt out due to the pandemic and then get foreign help to sort the mess out. And this just the twisted sh&t the CCP would do.

High end estimates depending on what you read is 50-100 million dead due to Spanish Flu. 500-700 million infected out of 1.5 Billion people.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join