It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mufon Released Video Yesterday From Pilot Who Filmed UFO At 40,000 Ft.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Other than the fact it's so far away you can't tell what it is, is this really anything to get excited about? It's not making any kind of interesting maneuvers that Earth aircraft aren't capable of. Or have you concluded it's Lurrr from Omicron Perseii 8 like the other UFO that nobody knows what it is? Because unidentified means alien?

DON'T make me come down there and probe Uranus, mere Earthling.

Sincerely,
Lurrr
Omnicron Perseii 8

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Other than the fact it's so far away you can't tell what it is, is this really anything to get excited about? It's not making any kind of interesting maneuvers that Earth aircraft aren't capable of.

I agree here. While it's certainly interesting..it's lacking in any real wow factor.

It very well may be some kind of blimp at a much lower altitude. Certainly it's not discounted as an explanation.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

Other than the fact it's so far away you can't tell what it is, is this really anything to get excited about? It's not making any kind of interesting maneuvers that Earth aircraft aren't capable of.

I agree here. While it's certainly interesting..it's lacking in any real wow factor.

It very well may be some kind of blimp at a much lower altitude. Certainly it's not discounted as an explanation.

Seems like it’s moving a little fast for a blimp. Google says cruising speed is 35 miles an hour with top speed of older models at 50 miles an our. Apparently, Goodyear has a new one that top speed is 73 MPH.

This object is missing the iconic blue coloring of Goodyear blimps.

Additionally, why would it be traveling in what looks like, the middle of nowhere?
edit on 27-1-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Seems like it’s moving a little fast for a blimp. Google says cruising speed is 35 miles an hour with top speed of older models at 50 miles an our. Apparently, Goodyear has a new one that top speed is 73 MPH.
We don't know how fast the UFO is going. To know that you would need to know a lot of things you don't know, like the distance.

For example, the object in the "GoFast" video looks like it's going really fast, but it's not, and that can be proven because the electronic display DOES tell us what we need to know to determine the speed of the object within a reasonable margin of error, since it tells us the distance and other things needed to calculate the speed of the UFO. The object in the gofast video which looks like it's moving fast is actually moving rather slowly as explained here:

"Go Fast" UFO Video Explained?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Did we establish what kind of plane the video was being taken from? Additionally, what speed that plane was traveling at?

Because whatever is in the video, appears to be moving at a similar speed to the plane the video is taken from.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Did we establish what kind of plane the video was being taken from? Additionally, what speed that plane was traveling at?

Because whatever is in the video, appears to be moving at a similar speed to the plane the video is taken from.
Since the video was apparently taken by a pilot rather than a passenger, the pilot should know the speed and it should be in the final MUFON report, but still without knowing the distance to the UFO we don't know how much of the apparent motion is due to parallax. Did you watch the " "Go Fast" UFO Video Explained?" video? As that explains, if the UFO is halfway between the aircraft and the ground, even if the UFO was a relatively motionless balloon, it will appear to have the same speed as the aircraft due to parallax.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hey guys,

So this case was closed as an Unknown (our way of saying UFO)
However, I have a feeling that the investigator is very new because there is still very little information or data in the CMS.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 28-1-2020 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: reject

If you get the case number I can fill you in!

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

That was a misclick on my part.

Lol.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Firstly:
a reply to: spf33
THanks for the stable image.

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Hey guys,

So this case was closed as an Unknown (our way of saying UFO)
However, I have a feeling that the investigator is very new because there is still very little information or data in the CMS.

I'm not so sure about that. We need to find out the flightpath that the pilot that captured the craft was on so that it could be matched up to FAA flight plans. This being said I'm thinking that the object in question is a Gulfstream 3. At a distance the wings might appear to disappear from certain angles. The stable image shows a bump in the location where a tail and wings should be from time to time. Again from a distance it won't look like anything, and since the object is pixelated it doesn't appear as much on video either. So knowing exactly where and when the pilot captured this video is very important to solving the case.

If all of these bits of information have already been revealed in the CMS, then the state director should have bumped in back to the investigating field agent to follow up on it. Listing it as an "Unknown" doesn't really do any good for either the organization (Come on MUFON I've been out for a couple of decades now, and your still pulling this crap), or for the investigator (allowing this to happen just enables lazy investigations, how is the field of Ufology suppose to grow is all it's feed is garbage?)

New investigator or not, this shouldn't be allowed.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I’m in the CMS looking at case 105762, there’s more information in here than earlier.

The pilot was using a Samsung S9 cell phone to record the video.
He was flying West at 40,000 ft at 480 nautical miles per hour.
The pilot estimated the object to be Approx 15-20 Nautical Miles from his position.
The object appeared to be flying really slow compared to him.
He was able to observe the object for 2 minutes before taking the 50 second video.

When asked if he was able to see any identifiable markings, the pilot said at that distance on a clear day as it was, he should had been able to see the wings, rudder, or engine exhaust.
The pilot did not see any other aircraft in the sky at the time.

This took place sept. 19, 2019 at approx 4pm, US mountain time. Over Utah, Kane county. In the vicinity of Zion N.
The location is approximated.

The video he submitted did not contain EXIF data. (I would be asking the witness for the original video)

If it did, we could get the exact time and use that to get a more precise location.
Hell, the exif may even have the GPS coordinates.

But the investigator didn’t get any of that information.
He should know better because he is the state director.

At how little information was in the report, I assumed it was a new investigator.
It pisses me off when I see these half assed reports from people who should know a lot better.

Just goes to show the caliber of some investigators varies greatly.
I’m not talking bad about the guy, but come on...

I think I’m going to contact the Pilot. I have his information now.
I should get a hold of him and do a proper investigation.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Funny, we were thinking along the same lines.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

or a flying wing

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Ya, spf33 is a legend.
He’s helped me with more than a few videos.
I was hoping he would pop in here.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

If you can let us know what you find out. It's a good video, and I would like to know (I bet many of us here would).

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The only thing I am sure of is that it is an actual object at lower altitude. It could be another plane or it could be a tic tac. I thought I saw a tail fin at one point, but the video isn't high enough quality for me to tell.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I hate it when my earlier assessment of a sighting turns out to be correct. Mildly amusing entertainment, no revelations. That's UFOs for ya.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
As a courtesy I reached out to the state director.
I asked him some questions to break the ice about the case.

Then I sent him Spf33’s stabilized video so he could see a decent video of the object
And to analyze the flight Path.

I’ll keep you all posted

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join