It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is genius, and Schiff proved it.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: jjkenobi

Nope. 5th Amendment. He is smart enough to do that. I think. Maybe? Ok maybe not.

The 5th is the only amendment the Democrats want to keep out of the Bill of Rights. The rest of them are unnecessary for now. Until the Republicans take over, then they will bring the others back, except the evil 2nd. No one need guns except their bodyguards.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: network dude

But if that's the case, Trump has enormous power and planning that even the Great Obama couldn't have imagined.

Maybe not. But the Founding Fathers could, and that's why they added impeachment for high crimes and misdemeanors to Constitution, as a remedy for a president who would use foreign entanglements to undermine the integrity of our elections.

What they did not add to the Constitution is that someday Congress could just make up what high crimes and misdemeanors meant to get rid of a President purely on a political basis.... they were actually quite worried about that.

However, they figured that an educated and aware citizenry would step in and string up any of their representatives that were stupid enough to usurp the will of the People.

You know... the real reason for the 2nd Amendment.

They vastly overestimated the power of stupidity.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: network dude
Adam Schiff told the world that Trump will steal the 2020 elections, and that is why he must be removed.

I thought it was because he broke federal election laws, obstruction of justice, and his oath of office with the quid pro quo with the Ukraine.

Apparently you haven't been paying attention. It's tough to discuss things you have no knowledge of.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

But if that's the case, Trump has enormous power and planning that even the Great Obama couldn't have imagined.

Maybe not. But the Founding Fathers could, and that's why they added impeachment for high crimes and misdemeanors to Constitution, as a remedy for a president who would use foreign entanglements to undermine the integrity of our elections.

And if Trump did commit a "high crime or misdemeanor", I'm sure you would have a point. But since the articles presented don't include any crime at all, you kind of lost the premise all around.

ETA: I would think even YOU could see the danger of a purely partisan impeachment. Perhaps if it happens to someone on your side, it would be a bit more easy to understand.
edit on 24-1-2020 by network dude because: added thought

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
You mean like hiring British spies to purchase fabricated stories from Russian sources in order to influence the election and illegally spy on American citizens?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I guess you will believe anything that your Dem overlords will make up out of thin air.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

But since the articles presented don't include any crime at all, you kind of lost the premise all around.

The Articles of impeachment include 2 high crimes, obstruction of Congress and abuse of power.

And if Trump did commit a "high crime or misdemeanor", I'm sure you would have a point.

Did Bill Clinton commit a high crime or misdemeanor?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Where in the phone call transcripts does Trump ask for election help ? 😃 🥳

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Did Bill Clinton commit a high crime or misdemeanor?

I really don't even know if perjury is a crime, well, actually I do know, and yes, it is, so I'd have to say, yes, Bill Clinton did commit a crime. It was a really stupid one, and I doubt anyone would have cared if he just admitted he make that Lewinsky chick smoke his pickle. I don't think he should have been impeached either. But it did make him stronger and brought in new house/senate members. I wonder if that is something that might translate to current events? I suppose we will find out if the House managers are able to come up with any good new information on Trump. As it stands, they kind of failed in epic proportions.

Do you not see the danger of the purely partisan hit job?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I guess you will believe anything that your Dem overlords will make up out of thin air.

What does that have to do with the perils of a corrupt president using foreign entanglements for personal benefit, that the Founding Fathers foresaw, and provided constitutional remedy for?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I didn't ask you if Bill Clinton committed a crime. I asked you if he committed a "high crime and/or misdemeanor"?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
FYI: Rudy Giuliani will be posting a link to documents today about NOON. (Eastern time?)

Anyway, they should result in a quick acquittal of President Trump....and more.

twitter.com...

(Audio evidence to follow, this coming Monday.)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I didn't ask you if Bill Clinton committed a crime. I asked you if he committed a "high crime and/or misdemeanor"?

And my answer is no. You can re-read what I wrote and try to extrapolate why you should have already known that.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

So, the question really is, in my opinion, "Will the Senate acquit Trump, saying that Trump did not commit the crimes he's charged with, or will they say that he did what he's being accused of, but those crimes are not impeachable offenses?"

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

actually, the thread is about how using logic (a hidden tool your side rarely understands or uses) Schiff painted a picture of an evil genius, who has the ability to control the electorate at his whim, and if he isn't removed, will surely steal the election.

Now if that's true, then to not admit to Trump's genius, would be ignorant, but those of us who use our brains for thinking, I'd suspect believe that Trump is a pretty smart guy, but not quite at the level of controlling the voting process as accused. See, the irony is, your side wants to call him a brainless idiot, but then accuses him of things like this. it can't be both ways. I hope this brief interlude was enough to convey the immensely difficult point I tried to make with my OP.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Trump is a certifiable alzheimer patient and the furthest thing from a genius. In fact, it would take a blithering idiot to think Trump is a genius by any definition.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: richapau

Well, he's had the left completely losing their sh*t for three years, so he must be some kind of a savant.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Schiff painted a picture of an evil genius

I'm not seeing that picture at all. I'm seeing Schiff paint a picture of a bunch of bungling thugs doing Trump's bidding. and Trump thinking that if he commits crimes in the open, then they're not crimes, they're presidential prerogative, not abuse of power.

I see a panicked delusional old man, terrified of losing an election.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I see a panicked delusional old man, terrified of losing an election.

lol the house dems disagree

Congressman Al Green, say, 'We have to impeach him, ... 'We have to impeach him because otherwise he's going to win.

were he actually"terrified"he would not have been impeached by the house

lol

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Perjury and witness tampering by trying to get them to perjure (the obstruction of justice article)

Yeah. Those qualify all day long as some pretty high crimes. But let’s look at the two that failed. Another perjury and the ambiguous abuse of power was for the cover up.

But it all stemmed from sexual harassment of Paula Jones. Lewinsky was further proof of being a sexual predator. So yes he should have been impeached. As for the Senate acquittal, pretty much a given as it was 55-45 Republicans and there was not a Democrat that would have voted guilty if he was on film shooting kittens.

There was never going to be the votes to remove Bill Clinton. But what should be noted is that there was some Democrats with some integrity in the House back then as the perjury was a proven slam dunk.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join