It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Undergrad history book says CIA behind 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
According to the BBC, the publisher of the book History of the 20th Century in Flash Cards apologized for an errant statement about the events of 9/11. The textbook is described as a complete course on the last century in French, European and world history. It was written by Jean-Pierre Rocher, a teacher of history and geography. The book, aimed at undergraduate students, states on page 204:

"This global event - no doubt orchestrated by the CIA (secret services) to impose American influence on the Middle East? - hit the symbols of American power on its own territory."

BBC article

Gotta love it!

edit on 1/23/2020 by BlissSeeker because: title

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I am not thinking that the CIA orchestrated this. They may have looked the other way a little, ignoring the evidence that some of these terrorists were a concern, but I do not think they planned it. If they did allow it to escalate, I think they did not know exactly what they were planning, even though one of the guys was taking flight training here in America. It should have sent up red flags, but a small terrorist attack might have persuaded Americans to support getting involved in the middle east chaos.

That is just a possibility of what could have happened, but I just think that our intelligence agencies ignored threats like what the terrorists were planning to do, they were overconfident even though there were no safeguards in place to prevent it.

Just ignorance on the part of our intelligence agency is what I think happened. They should have fired a lot of those responsible for the ignorance, but I doubt if they did.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Same was said about Pearl Harbor. Even back then, reports were coming in but they were ignored. Nobody thought it was even possible since it was a suicide mission. Well it was.

Today though, so much intel coming in it's overwhelming. I had intel reports before going outside the wire in Afghanistan and just on my level, it was too much info. Pages and pages every single day. I was just a LT, no time to read through all of it daily. It would take me hours. I would eyeball scan it best I could and then go on my long mission while also dealing with Soldier and equipment problems. A lot of the intel was also garbage to throw us off and try and re-route us.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Yeah, you are probably right, some guy on the bottom sorted through all the info and tried to decide if it was relevant, then the info he did think was relevant went to the next person up and that person trimmed it down again. The next step was to someone who actually got paid really well, he dumped coffee all over it and threw it in the trash can to cover his embarrassing mistake. Trouble is that well paid high ranking official was clumsy. So the guys at the top did not have half the stuff to file away without even looking at it.

You probably did more work going over stuff like that than the people above you did, that is the way it is in the military from what friends that had been there many years told me. That was the airforce though, it may be different in the branch of service you were in.

edit on 23-1-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Funny but sounds dead on. My favorite intel were reports on a suspect "white Toyota Corrola". Almost every car in Afghanistan is a Corrola and most are in fact white LOL. On 3 hours of sleep heading out the wire what the hell am I suppose to do with that nonsense.

Eventually you just get to the point of saying screw it and use common sense. Like they seldom rode single. Cars often loaded down with folks. If I saw a single driver that made my Spidey senses go off. Stuff like that and I was more often correct. They also liked to decorate their cars and trucks. No decorations they are probably not into being happy about life.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BlissSeeker

Think they are spot on, shocked it was allowed or slipped throughout

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Same was said about Pearl Harbor. Even back then, reports were coming in but they were ignored. Nobody thought it was even possible since it was a suicide mission. Well it was.

Today though, so much intel coming in it's overwhelming. I had intel reports before going outside the wire in Afghanistan and just on my level, it was too much info. Pages and pages every single day. I was just a LT, no time to read through all of it daily. It would take me hours. I would eyeball scan it best I could and then go on my long mission while also dealing with Soldier and equipment problems. A lot of the intel was also garbage to throw us off and try and re-route us.

Can’t believe anyone would think like you do after so much history and evidence

Pearl was well known target, not orchestrated but left mostly undefended and was certainly not a suicide mission.
Imagine if they
sent in another couple of waves of planes
destroyed the fuel depots.
Got a couple of carriers

Pearl got the US into the war, it was certainly what the US government wanted, probably orchestrated by default

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Almost 20 years of war profits from armaments to reconstruction who has profited from it?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlissSeeker
According to the BBC, the publisher of the book History of the 20th Century in Flash Cards apologized for an errant statement about the events of 9/11. The textbook is described as a complete course on the last century in French, European and world history. It was written by Jean-Pierre Rocher, a teacher of history and geography. The book, aimed at undergraduate students, states on page 204:

"This global event - no doubt orchestrated by the CIA (secret services) to impose American influence on the Middle East? - hit the symbols of American power on its own territory."

BBC article

Gotta love it!

if you listen to how chaotic and overstretched the air surveillance and the military reacted to the attacks, i rather think that this was simply a failure.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Vive la Fries!

Finally somebody brings an angle into the school room - that of conspiracies and theories therein...

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   
If you want to see behind the curtain, watch A Good American.
This lays out the way our security services actively ignored warnings, and worked hard not to know. A warning, it will piss you off.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Yeah, blame it on the CIA, not the scumbag Saudis.

Let's sell them more weapons, they're are bestest buds forever.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   
They must have gotten their information from the Internet.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Certainly more believable than the official account

There's good reasons why the questions over 9/11 persist:

• The failures that allowed it to happen and why were those responsible still promoted?
  • The NIST report is severely lacking
  • The towers did not fall from plane impact(s) and the jet fuel doesn't explain the collapse of WTC 1, strangest of all.
  • The planes were a cover for what ever it was did bring the towers down
  • Who was in the white "small business plane" (seen both at Shanksville and the Pentagon)?
  • And what was with the helicopter reportedly airborne at the Pentagon before the alleged plane struck?

For the biggest crime of the century and all the fall out to common people which is still relevant today, those responsible are still walking around free

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The carriers were not there as they were moved out if port knowing fully well the attack was planned..a reply to: Raggedyman

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigbrooklyn
The carriers were not there as they were moved out if port knowing fully well the attack was planned.

Then why not smash the Japanese fleet? You'd accomplish two things, one get yourself in the war and two, pave the way for taking the Pacific without as much effort as it eventually took.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

BBC article

Gotta love it!

That’s typical of leftist Europeans. They hate the USA and love to believe the worst about it. What they lack is perspective. They blame America for all the world’s woes, but they fail to realize how awful it would be if their favorite scapegoat weren’t around. Who else would have the resources, self confidence and will to deter the Russians, Chinese, Jihadis and all the rogue nations at the same time, just as we’ve done for the last 70-75 years.

France, for example, might still be under Nazi rule or under Russian control were it not for the sacrifices made by the USA over the last 80 years. These effete leftists enjoy the luxury of living in a First World nation because of us. They get to complain and disparage us only because we’ve rescued and protected Europe three times in the last century, at great cost in blood and treasure. I hate European ingrates with a passion.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

BBC article

Gotta love it!

That’s typical of leftist Europeans. They hate the USA and love to believe the worst about it. What they lack is perspective. They blame America for all the world’s woes, but they fail to realize how awful it would be if their favorite scapegoat weren’t around. Who else would have the resources, self confidence and will to deter the Russians, Chinese, Jihadis and all the rogue nations at the same time, just as we’ve done for the last 70-75 years.

France, for example, might still be under Nazi rule or under Russian control were it not for the sacrifices made by the USA over the last 80 years. These effete leftists enjoy the luxury of living in a First World nation because of us. They get to complain and disparage us only because we’ve rescued and protected Europe three times in the last century, at great cost in blood and treasure. I hate European ingrates with a passion.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigbrooklyn
The carriers were not there as they were moved out if port knowing fully well the attack was planned..a reply to: Raggedyman

All that was left at pearl when it was hit were floating antiques and expendable, anything of value as a weapon was well out to SEA

An attack on US soil was the only way the US was going to go to war

new topics

top topics

join